ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

~Glories N' Chimes~


I was sitting at my kitchen table today thinking of some of the
things I would like to do for the summer..of course my flowers, I
was so pleased yesterday when Penny came back from Meijers
and had found some morning glory seeds !!! Theyre called
Crimson Rambler, a bright red.. just wonderful.. I did NOT know
that they had morning glories that didn't climb..but from what
Penny said from reading the packages its so.. I think that fence
out side this kitchen window will make a nice place for them to
climb..and I could see them.. I really enjoyed my lanai when I would
go out every morning for coffee and see all the beautiful blooms
that were there every day.. A morning glory flower only lasts for one
day..Every day is a new flower... I had blue ones there... and below
I had daisies.. the colors were just lovely.. The photos in this post
I borrowed off the net ;-)
When I stayed with Donnie and his then wife Shirley they had a
wonderful deck and all over it were huge morning glories..they
even came up through the spaces between the floor.. Huge blooms
of blue ones.. I loved sitting out on their deck. When I stayed there
that summer in 2000 between all my trips to the hospital.. I slept
and spent a lot of time in their camper, was really nice..the nights
were cool and with screen all around the hot nights werent so bad..
I liked the time by my self.. I didn't really know how deep a depression
I was in back then..I know I cried alot..and I was so miserable.. At
night I would lay there and cry and I could hear the wind chimes I had
hung in the tree outside the camper.. The sound they made was such
a calming one.. I had the chimes hung before in the tree by my lanai
and the sound was soothing to me.. Ive always loved the sound of
them, where to some chimes are like nails going down a black board.
Everywhere I have lived Ive had chimes. :-)
I looked out at the front porch here and I noticed there are some hooks
out there in the ceiling.. I would say maybe whomever lived here before
had hung plants or maybe even chimes.. that's what I was thinking of
today, I miss the soothing sound of them..and I think a nice set out there
would be great.. The set I had before were made by my nieces ex, so
I know I cant get a replacement.. The ones he made were really very
nice, I sure enjoyed them... Im going to look for some online and see
what I can find... I think to hear that sound would be really good... I saw
a really cute bird feeder too..a free standing one.. not very much which
I was surprised.. I get this great catalog from Collections, Etc.. and
I have to say they have some of the very nicest things..and NOT that
expensive..well not one thing over twenty dollars.. The bird feeder I
would like to get is only 15.oo, I think it would be great outside that
kitchen window.. I know the boys would LOVE it.. I have some plans
for THIS spring.. NOW all I need is a willing volunteer to come here
and HELP! :-) Raife.. how good a swimmer are ya honey? :-)
Spring fever its called.. even though looking out the window right
now..its 1:15..Im thinking of flowers and chimes..and yes.. it is
SNOWING .. :-) wont be much..1 to 3 inches..and then its gonna
rain.. and it will go fast.. Spring isnt far away..look how fast this
year is going already... Time flies when your having fun :-)
My fun time for today is about done, and Im ready to get out of this
chair .. . knit some and watch some TV.. This GORGEOUS
WEEBLE bids you "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya.. and THANKS! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Very nice pictures you got off the net Lois. The flowers here are blooming, so nice to see all the different colors. It is 71 F right now, what a great day is was again for us here.
    I work for 1 hour for Becky today, they were able to fine staff for the rest of the shift. So I did the shopping she needed done.
    Going to take Patsy to her doctor appt in the morning, it about 35 miles from here...she will do some shopping while we are there...she hoping the doctor will let her drive. The pain level is much better now in her shoulder.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey
    Aw, Gee, They've closed our local swim pool in Minehead. I'm afraid I haven't been getting the practice lately!!! LOL ;o) I doubt I could make it to Iceland, much less New York. Anyhoways, it's a long walk to you from The Big Apple!! I don't think my knee would take it!
    I know, always full of weak excuses, thats me!!!
    Take care, Honey,
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary
    Arent morning glories nice? I think the birds and my cats will enjoy that bird feeder too.. Patsy is very fortunate to have you for a friend Mary.. I hope she continues to improve..give her my best :-)

    Hiya Raife!!
    Well maybe we need to get you some of those water wings like the kiddies wear lol... Where there is a will there is a way.. one of these days :-)

    So nice to hear from you :-)hope you had a good day.. :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker