ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, August 28, 2008

~Horses~

Photo from the www
I got my movie yesterday and I didn't even watch it
last nite and now I'm a day late..I might just wait and
watch it tomorrow, since usually the only thing on that
I watch is the bull riding contests.. Boy some of the
kicks and stomps those boys get is awful. I feel sorry
for those bulls, but I guess theyre bred for that.
Like race horses. A friend is going to buy a new draft
horse and already has 2 of those pissy horses I call
them I can never remember the name let alone spell
it, so pissy horse works for me..Its really a Percheron
or something like that.. My spell checker quit working.
:-) Huge beautiful animals. I think those budweiser
horses are those kind or maybe theyre Clydesdales
which is a big horse like the pissy kind.


They all like to work..or pull as I'm told..They enjoy doing
things like pulling a plow or a wagon. Down in Indiana by
Goshen, or Middlebury, and specially Shipshewanna.. A lot
of Amish.. To go by their farms is amazing..No electric or
cars.. They have their own schools. The stores in Shipshe,
as we call it have lots of Amish things.. The hurricane lamps
are wonderful..and the home made quilts are amazing..
There are a few restaurants there and bakeries and if you
can make it through that town with out stopping, well you
do better than I do..

My sis and I went there all the time, year round. The summers
in Shipshe they have a 10 acre flea market that is awesome.
You cant even really go to every booth there. They have a big
center where the flea market is, and auctions and of course
a great pork palace..with some great food.. For my sister and
I our main reason for going was the fabric shops.. There is
one store we had gone to just right after it opened and we
walked thru that door and both of us just stood there with
out mouths open totally in awe of all the material..we didn't
know what to look at first.. we both headed off in different
directions.. I'm a silk and cotton person, shes quilted and
cotton... :-) The Amish ladies are famous for their sewing
and their quilts. I know they have a tour thing selling the
crafts made called Shipshe on the Road or something..

Of course we couldn't leave town with out going to that great
little restaurant that every thing they make right down to the
butter and jam and breads AND its their own beef. The food
is terriffic and next to Come and Dine its the best.. Come and
Dine is a Amish place and there are quite a few around.. Its a
big huge open room with tables and when you go you order
either beef, pork or chicken, They bring the meat you ordered
and in separate bowls are the potatoes, veggies, 2 kinds. They
give everyone a plate and you serve yourself as if you were at
home.. Great food.. To go with Stanley? well its his kind of place.
He says he got tired of going to Country Buffet as he wore
himself out going back and forth to the food.. This at Come and
Dine they keep the bowls full and hot. Stanley loves good food,
I swear ive seen sparks fly from his fork and knife at times ..
:-D... Stan likes good food...

Everywhere are horses and buggys, my friend with the pissy horse
says theirs will pull wagons and I had said I bet I could drive a
wagon.. well horses that is.. I bet its not too hard.. and I think it
would be great fun.. Being pulled around in a beautiful carriage by
a huge gorgeous black horse? Be great... I bet I would try it :-)
We had talked about whether I could ride.. I think so.. If I had a
special saddle to put my stumps into for leverage so I wouldn't
fall off... Ive never ridden a horse, but I think theyre one of the
most beautiful animals there are.. Riding on them I don't know..
Id try but I think the carriage would be better a safer ride.

Well, my ride for today is out to eat my lunch. Its mashed tatoes
and pork roast and gravy..sadly with carrots.. If it wasn't such
good pork and gravy I probly wouldn't open it cuz of the carrots.
They must be cheap lately every other day we get carrots .. I
do NOT like carrots :-) I'm hungry so its food, solitare and then
to watch TV. then sleep.. I am tired.. Time for my GORGEOUS
WEEBLE "nitey nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks!! ;-)
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bonsoir ma BElle,
    The Bud horses are Clydesdales. Beauiul animals.
    Robert

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like meals-on-wheels. I add marjarine and sauce on the meat - they are great. I trade newspapers for the meals with a retired professor. Some memorable meals I have had: I had a steak at the Nebraska City Stock-yards. It sure had melt in your mouth goodness. I had a family style fried chicken dinner in Kansas City. I've been cooking lately for a disabled 60-year old man. I cook high fiber meals.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    The weather here was hot today,very uncomfortable this afternoon.
    Horses are beautiful and great worker too.
    Patsy is given me a start of Amish bread mix Sunday, they said it awesome to eat...I have gotten jam and jellies before from them. There is a store about 40 miles form here that sales some of the food idem they make.
    Thank you Lois for all the e-mail, you are doing a great job putting them together.
    god bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    See if you can find Angelika Trabert on the net. She's a DAK who rides competition Dressage. You would see just what sort of saddle you need!
    Margarine is just for making cakes, Momar, not to spoil your food with!! Use butter, Man. It is much better for you, being natural.
    We do some pretty good beef down here on the Moor, too. I don't suppose you-all are acquainted with lamb, are you? It is very good if it's been hung properly and is well cooked through. Tender as a woman's heart!!
    Another speciality (Sorry, specialty) of the area is Faggotts.
    Minced (Sorry, Ground) liver in a sphere shape, in a sort of sausage skin, with herbs and things. Yummy, cooked in gravy with sliced onions, with peas and carrots and potatoes. We just had some for lunch to-day.
    Well that's enough from me. Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Robert!
    What a nice surprise to hear from you..Thanks honey :-) Ahhh yes, big horses.. :-)

    Hiya Momar,
    Your a good cook I can tell by what you say..I have to say of everyones cooking, I liked 2 the best..well ok 3..mine, my moms and my grammas LOL...

    hi Mary,
    Its really hot here too .. We need rain..my grass is dry...Im glad you like my sends Mary gives me something to do..

    hiya Raife!
    I KNOW you and Ines are gourmet cooks.. Ive never had lamb or sheep or mutton as we call it.. Ive not heard anyone but you say its good to eat..but If you say so I believe ya.. and faggots..thats too funny ...

    So nice to hear from you.. thanks..:-)

    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker