ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

~Music is Good For You~

Every day I surf and look for music sites, as I really
enjoy music.. It helps keep me happy. Today I found a
great site with accordion music, which I enjoy, as it
makes me vaguely remember my Aunt Phyllis used to
play one... It suited her as she was always happy and
joking around. All my family enjoyed music. I still hear
my mothers radios playing in every room. When you went
to the bathroom as soon as you turned on the light the
radio came on set to her favorite station which of course
was WIKB...

When I was listening to some polka music It made me
remember the times they had this great little German band
come in and play for us at the home, 5 people.. It was just
great to hear them.. Everyone enjoyed it. One dear friend,
a lady named June loved it.. She was in the later stages
of cancer and lost a little ground every day. She used
to always sit by me so we could talk.. Lovely lady..


The next night the German band was there of course she
sat next to me in her chair and we sang to some of them
and she was so happy.. Suddenly she got up and went over
to another lady there that I really didn't know, other than
her name was Kathryn and she was VERY ill..... June stood
next to her then started to sing to her in German to one of
the songs.. She stood sort of next to her with her arm around
the shoulders of the woman and with her left hand she
reached and would gently stroke this ladys face. In between
them she would hug her close and kiss her cheek... She stood
there for quite a while loving on this lady and no one told her
to stop. Soon a nurse came and told June, "June, dear, your
sister has to go back to her room now, we will bring you to see
her tomorrow, kiss her good night".

With that said, June gently kissed her sister and hugged her
close. The nurses pushed Kathryn back to her room.. That night
Kathryn passed away. I think of that when I hear a German polka
and how happy June and Kathryn were that last nite together as
sisters, how happy they were. Every time June would hug her sis
or kiss her face her sister would smile broadly and you could see
how happy she was even though she couldn't say a word.


To me it shows that never to wait to show someone or something
you care about them.. It may be your last chance.. I don't take any
chances like that... I take nothing for granted.. life can change in
the blink of an eye and at least half of the times it may not be for
the better. You love someone, care about them? TELL THEM!....

Penny came today and so did Rebecca and Kathy and her husband!
I have had a full day! Kathy is Pennys sister, they came to get
some of that Styrofoam out of my garage that is Donnies.. I am
selling it for him. Kathy and Neil are insulating their house more,
it works great for that.. Dawn is due to come over later to pick up
some homemade bean soup I made yesterday. I ate 3 as in THREE
bowls of it and I am giving the rest to the kids. Its really good,
but Ive had my fill... I got my next net flix today..a Stargate one.
I like that show on TV.. its something like star trek and that was
one of my favorites.. I liked captain Kirk but Piccard now, hes ok
too ! :-)

They brought blueberry pie for desert today- I'm gonna have that
and watch my net flix and just have a good time. Time to post this
and time to watch the show but first my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"nitey nite"....

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again......

3 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Well Labor Day is coming up, trying to figure out what to do...I know I am going to have a meal for Becky, Pam and Mike. I'm not doing the grill, hoping Robert Leon or Beth will volunteer for that job...
    It just so important that Becky,Pam and Mike get to come home...
    Yes Music is very important for all of us, it meet a need in our lives.
    It was a another real warm day here for us...will be glad when it get down in the 70 or 80 during the day time hours.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Say listen ... I believe Great Creator gave us, His children, two special gifts to make life enjoyable: love ... so's different people can get along together and music, to express love better ... and lift the spirits when things are down. And the polka came along as a special, joyous spirit lifter ... JA JA ...

    d

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, everyones glad for a 3 day week end..Summer is ending..Its been very hot here too..thats why my electric bill is outrageous from my AC running constantly! I love grilled food :-)

    Hiya d...
    I totally agree.. 2 of the best things there are.. arent we just fortunate that we have that? :-)

    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker