ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, October 25, 2008

~Good SatDay~


Good SatDay as I call them. The lady delivered my Angel
Food that had a lot of goodies in it. They give you a lot for
only 30 dollars. And its all good quality stuff. I got chicken,
pork chops, hamburger patties, veggies, eggs, everything to
last for quite awhile...They have meat or fruit boxes as they
call them that you can get all meat or mixed fruit. I have
gotten some of the meat packs before and I have never
gotten anything that wasn't really good.. The little chicken
bites are just like what KFC has, we cant tell the difference.
Donnie loves those things when I share with him...

Kelli, Jorge and Alex came by today for a visit. What a cute
baby.. Hes so happy, not fussy at all.. Hes a daddys boy though
and I think his daddy thinks hes pretty special too. Kelli is a
good mom, but I knew she would be. Shes good at everything
she puts her mind to and we are all so proud of her. She has
done very well... and all in the right order thankfully...graduating
school, going to college, getting a good job, getting married,
buying a house and then starting a family. So many start the
wrong way. Its easy to understand why with as hard as it is
now to get by...

Our weather today has made me ache something awful.. but I
was up most of the night till I had to get up twice and just sit
in my chair my bed was that uncomfortable.. I think I may go
ahead and get rid of it and sleep on the couch.. I wont be able
to watch TV in here but oh well.. that bed isnt doing me any
good at all.. It makes my tail bone and even my hips hurt its
so hard and wrinkly even with 2 big comforters on it.. If I
put anymore on it for padding I will need a higher chair to
be able to transfer. That's a biggie.. Going forward uphill
is not easy.. going back downhill is easier but it can also get
you off balance and you tip over.. Once the tip over starts
theres no stopping it unless you are super strong.. I am but
I cant catch me sometimes when Ive fallen backwards and
even forwards...

Whats so dangerous about the levels is that its easy for
my wrist to snap. I did that last nite when I was moving
on to my bed my wrist bent and luckily I was able to stop
the full bend of it or it could easily break.. That worries
me.. I have carpal tunnel extremely bad in both wrists.. I
cant have them fixed, how would I push my chair? I would
have to use my power chair, but how would I transfer? I
don't see how I could with out putting weight on my hands
and wrists.. I notice as more and more time goes by how
much harder it is to use my hands, and I do NOT trust
them to lift anything with out being very sure I can hold
on to it.. Even a cuppa coffee I am most careful...

I do know however that I CAN trust my hands to fix a
snack for me. I havent eaten today and I am hungry.. I just
don't know what I want..Don't ya hate when that happens?
Its nice to have enough food to eat though and I am most
grateful.. so many don't.. I gave my honeygirl some things
to take home just to make sure they have groceries and food
for Alex. They offered to come back to put up the plastic
since I havent gotten it yet... Theyre good kids and are having
a bit of a rough time right now and I sure don't mind helping
when I see how hard they try.

Food, then to check out the movie channels.. I do miss the ones
I had though like animal planet and the food network or TRU TV.
Some good clean shows which I like.. There is one guy, his name is
Guy, that does a show about Diners Drive Ins and Dives.. He is so
cute and I sure would love going to some of the great restaurants
he travels and visits.. what a job hey? Eating your way around the
USA.. how good is that ? :-) Lucky man..

Great day today but I'm ready to wind down and watch TV.. up
at 4 makes a long day.. I'm glad when theyre good happy ones
though.. makes them worth having... Time to post and write my
GORGEOUS WEEBLE "Nitey Nite".... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    It's been a good day here for me too...I got to see my niece from Co, my sister Helen first child. Susie was born three days after my birthday...She my favorite in a way.
    The weather was nice today,right now it's 57 F.
    Sunday night it going to be 32F they say...
    Bob going to pick all our green tomatoes Sunday afternoon...the ripe one have been go good to eat.
    Will have a few before I go to bed too....they don't raise my sugar at all...and one slice of cheese...
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Lois,
    Wow that sounded as if you got some lovely foodstuffs there, I hope you enjoy your nice meals now.
    So is your weather wet or just damp over there? We have had gusty winds for days & it has got quite chilly here. Time for my thermals soon lol

    *I hope you soon find something more comfortable to sleep on. You must surely need more sleep than you are managing to have lately.

    Your hands/wrists sound so sore too. I wish I could pop over & help you out? You are amazing the way you mange things oney.

    Take care.
    Love & appreciate all the mail you send me.

    Hugs N Love Audrey

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    We are due to have snow.. its sunny and nice now, but can change fast.. I dont mind tho.. I wish I had more of those good tomatoes I had... :-)

    Hiya Aud,
    Yes, some good stuff.. enough for alot of meals.. Yes I could use a good long sleep.. that would be a treat.. havta tie up my cats though..Theyre going nuts watching the wind blow leaves around lol.. silly kids..

    So Very nice to hear from you
    Keep Well..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker