ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, December 26, 2008

~IceLand~


We have ice. I pulled up the blind in the kitchen this
morning as usual and the whole glass was covered in
ice. I was surprised! So I know what the roads are
like.. Not Good... While I was sitting there the phone
rang and I said hello.. I probly shouldn't tell this on
my self but, well we laughed.. anyway, it was Penny,
she said "I'm gonna be late because of the ice and I
know you worry so as soon as I can I will be there". I
like a blonde says, "why are you coming today anyway,
its Thursday, we agreed Friday". She laughed said,
"Lois, its Friday, did you lose Christmas?" :-) I had
honestly forgot it was Friday!

I didn't even pay attention to that when I was checking
mail, but then it doesn't say FRIDAY, just the date.. I
had been out in the kitchen earlier and I usually always
turn on the coffee, fix the cat food, open the door blinds,
and unlock it at the same time.. Well I went to do that,
and said to myself "no need to unlock, no one is coming to
day", thinking its Thursday.. Holidays do this to me you
know :-) Well anyway, I now KNOW its Friday. The only
other things I have trouble with are the time change, if
I'm not really careful I can mess that up too and stay
at least 2 hours behind everyone and have a SUPER long
day when I find out, or a lot shorter one ! :-)

Ive been doing some serious thinking that I really need
to do something.. I HAVE to sit all day but doesn't mean
I cant do something. I need to start sewing again I think.
I have the room and I sure have enough time ! All I have
been doing is just sitting at this computer all day. I have
the apartment pretty much fixed and the stuff I cant
do Penny does. I have a paint by number that I have had
for quite awhile.. well I got it from my sis when I was in
the apartment.. so that's at least 3 years... I love doing
jigsaw puzzles.. but I already know ahead of time what
will happen with that and this cat.. I KNOW he would NOT
allow me to do that.. well yes, he would..but I KNOW all
HE would do and no, I don't think that's a good idea. I
don't know if I can do the paint by number even, to be
honest .. I'm blind in one eye remember and have trouble
driving a chair through a doorway, so makes me kinda
think ahead about how bad a headache do I want from
trying to see those skinny lines on one of those paint
things.. I think sewing, making quilts again, even if I don't
give them away or sell them, just to do something at
least constructive.. make myself feel useful again I guess.


Being as how I feel all settled, well except for a few
minor things that Joe needs to fix, like the oven that is
WAY off temperature and the faucets in the bathroom
and kitchen both drip. I don't have to pay water but, I
cant stand drips.. And we need to discuss widening the
bathroom door, if he would do it, he said he would if I
wanted him to...and it would REALLY make it better for
me, a lot easier if he widened it.. or if Donnie or someone
did. this place is done and its time to make use of a much
better situation while I can.

Well what I'm gonna make right now is a late lunch. I
didn't have Penny stay very long as she has another client
that needs done while she is here in town and to save her
a trip all the way back up here tomorrow shes hoping to
get it done today and other than dusting and doing the
beasty vacuuming which it did need it, there wasn't a lot
to do... I do know we need to change laundry soap, this is
some new stuff and its giving me a rash. So that's not
good.. I don't need itches where I cant scratch them. :-)


Time to post and see what else I can get done today. I
can go till I put my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "g'day, g'day"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****


"God BLess You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "Friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Now don't laugh! but would it help to have two tiny driving mirrors for reversing? I always used to stick my head out of the car window to look behind whilst backing, but with advancing years (and girth!!), it's not so easy to turn round, so I have come to rely more and more on my driving mirrors. Believe me, I do quite a lot of backing in these narrow lanes around here. They are only wide enough for one vehicle at a time, and one car has to go back to the nearest passing place.
    It might help you to centre on the doorway as you go backwards. It works for me, and remember, I, too, have only one eye!!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Gorgeous,
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
    Yep - holidays will mess you up!
    That ice looks like a real mess - fortunately mostly we've had rain lately - a little ice last sunday morning - but it melted quickly. I'm sure we'll get our share.

    Always thinking of you.

    Bare Hugs as always

    Butty

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    So sorry about the ice, great weather here like a spring day...69 F right now.
    Your Christmas day pictures was real good of you and your new place.
    We have a great time here, only five extra here for Christmas day...more time to visit with them...Thanksgiving is our biggest meal.
    So blessed to have family and friends around.
    We got the church all ready for Sunday today, we do that every Friday morning....
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya,
    I could really deck out this chair hey? wouldnt I be a sight LOL...

    So nice to hear from y'all thanks !!!
    Love N'Hugs,
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker