ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, December 25, 2008

~Merry Christmas~ :-)

I was sitting looking out the window this morning about 9.
The snow was falling so slow and it was one of those lazy
snowfalls where the flakes just dance and float in the air,
like they don't know where to land. I was thinking back to
when I was younger and woke to the Christmas smells of
turkey and pie and rushing downstairs to open gifts. After
breakfast of course. Then the clean up to prepare the
dining room for dinner and to finish up everything so that
we could eat as soon as the Gramma's got there.

Later on when both my grandfathers had passed Dad always
went and got my gramma's. First Gramma Wales, Mom's mom,
as she liked to ride so Dad would pick her up first so she could
ride the extra to pick up Dads mom, Grandma Woodworth. Once
they got to the house, dinner was put on the table and we would
eat. Sometimes Dads brother, my Uncle Lawrence and Aunt
Dorothy would come down from Iron Wood to spend Christmas
with us. But it was a special day and of course the dinner was
perfect and delicious.. After while 'us women', would have to
do the dishes my dad and uncle and the grammas would talk
and most times dad always took a nap.. As much as we all ate
no one was too very energetic as I remember :-)

But they are great memories, and I remember them, its nice
how more of the good memories stay with you than the bad.
There are times when I think of all the good memories I could
have made, but didn't, but I cant fix past ones, but hopefully
looking ahead I can make even more good ones... This year
went by so fast, I remember writing back last January, just
like I do every year, where did this year go? Already a new
one is going to be here. Time flies so fast and things can
change in just the blink of an eye, and I for one plan to make
the most of those blinks! :-) As fast as this year went I sure
must have blinked a lot! :-)

This GORGEOUS WEEBLE wishes you a very Merry Christmas.
I hope y'all had a great day, Thanks for all the greetings and
calls and special things, mean a lot to me.

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today...
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

2 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salmon patties sound great! I think they would go well with potato pancakes and beets. Yummy!!! I had to work Christmas day and will work new years day

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Dont they though? and were VERY Good, I have an excellent recipe for them. my mothers of course :-)
    I hope Santa was good to you!!
    Love N'Hugs N' Merry Christmas!
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker