ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, February 21, 2009

~Achey Day~

We are getting our snow. I can tell, my stumps are really
achey today. They've not ached this bad in awhile. Must
be something, I'm achey and just feel like I'm in a
frump kinda, not bad. Its really a good thing I'm in this
chair I go up and down so much, be hell if I had to walk
it, I ride it out now :-) The boys are crabby as all get out
as well.. They have steady fought the past few days...I
found a huge clump of fur on the rug this morning that
came from one of them. Penny tried to pet LB yesterday
like she always does, and he slapped her. Not like him..
I just have no idea why theyre acting up but then I don't
know why I act up half the time either :-)
The boy phoned last nite and he was kinda upset.. I guess
Jerky, his chocolate lab, found a rat trap or something
that was left outside by a bug company. The dog ate it
and collapsed. Donnie made an emergency call to the vet
and he told him to make the dog sick so he would expel
that crap from his stomach. Donnie said he grabbed that
dog, poured that peroxide down his throat and made him
puke at least 4 times.. then he picked him up and drove
him to the vets.. Jerky almost died.

Dawn kept the dog yesterday as Donnie is making a daily
trip to Ohio for his job. which is a 5 hour drive each way.
He had Jerky home last nite and said hes doing ok. But
boy, is Donnie mad.. How could this company I don't
remember the name but its a well known company, I will
ask before I say the wrong company. But this is awful.
They left this trap outside, and when Donnie let Jerky
out, well he paid no attention to him chewing on stuff
cuz he loves to chew on sticks.. but when the dog came
up to Donnie and he saw it in his mouth and made him
spit it out, he realized it was NOT good.. Rat poison is
NOT good.. for any animal.. and to leave this out for
squirrels or rabbits or cats all these could get into that
thing just like the dog.. To me that's careless..

I asked Donnie to let ME call the company for him.. He
said he would do it.. I sure hope he tells them off AND
makes them pay for the vet bills hes got now.. how care
less, that's not right. I wonder how many other places
they've been left out for animals to get into.. I just
have a serious thing about mistreating animals.. Theyre
people too.. :-) But I sure would have loved to tell that
company off for him... Bad business and when I ask him
what company I will put the name here for the whole
world to read at how careless this company was.. Poor
Jerky.. He wanted to play ball last nite with Donnie so
bad, but the vet told him to keep the dog quiet for a
few days.. Well how do you tell your kids "no"? I wish
I could babysit Jerky but hes just too much for me
to handle, he doesn't mind me.. well hes not my dog..
No one can order someone else's dog around.. :-)

I finished my grands pjs. They are so cute.. TAZ.. This
pair is just a sample for her to try on him and then I
can go from there. If they fit, make more, if not, then
I just re adjust, which isnt hard.. I talked to my sis
yesterday, shes better, and told her I couldn't figure
out how to do that V neck. That thing gave me fits.. I
figured out a way, totally NOT the way it says but it
works for me .. That's the joys of sewing,, you can
sew stuff the way that works for you.. I just could NOT
figure it out .. I just figured out a new plan of attack!
and it works.. I know Kelli will like them.. Now I'm making
the slipper sock pattern smaller for him.. so he matches,
cant have our boy not matching :-)

Well I'm gonna go and fix myself some lunch, what.. I
have NO idea.. but I am hungry.. I have some shrimp
and that sounds really good so I might have that.. The
snow is steady coming down, I had hoped it would wait
till later just in case my sis wanted to come back up
and bring me some more goodies :-) So, time to post
then eat but not before my HUNGRY GORGEOUS
WEEBLE "g'day,g'day".. :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Yep you got some snow Lois.
    Thanks for the pictures.
    Those pjs are real cute, I'm sure they will love them.
    Long day here for me. Becky got a sore on her bottom, a little upset over it...Going back tonight to help staff learn how to give Becky and bath and how to care for her body...
    God bless you Lois and keep you safe my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'b gotta code so I am taking cold pills, and chicken soup and rest.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gorgeous,

    Yes - I am back. Had a nice trip to California.
    Sorry to hear about your acheys - I get em sometimes too. Be glad to massage those cute little legs for ya! - Wish I could..........
    Too bad about Donnies dog. We lost a puppy to rat poison. Glad Jerky is going to be OK.
    Cold and rainy here this morning -better than the white stuff.
    Nice little pj's - glad you are enjoying your sewing so much!
    Take care....!
    Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    That was just the start! we have lots more~! Good help is so hard to find. I hope you can find some one to take good care of your girls...

    Awww Momar,
    Honey, lemon, whiskey in a cuppa tea.. drink .. 4, 5 cups.. you wont notice the cold at all LOL.. it does help though.. Get well soon!!!

    Hiya Butty!
    Welcome back ! Yes I think the company was Orkin, not sure, but that was sure bad, poor dog was so sick.. Donnie was and IS furious.

    So nice to hear from y'all !!!! :-)
    Love N'hugs!!!
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker