ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, February 19, 2009

~ALLLLL Finished!~ :-)

Carl showed up bright and early, he just knocked on the
door. I was kinda halfway expecting him but wasn't sure.
He usually calls first, he said he tried, but my line was busy,
which it was, I was talking to Blue in Australia.. :-) But Carl
got the carpet put into the bare spot and he did his usual
good job.. Didn't take him very long.. and of course, the
first one to inspect it was the kid. Dutch watched him the
whole time.. Dutch is like a supervisor here, he follows
Penny all over and watches every thing she does.. Usually
when I have company I sit here by my desk, Dutch perches
on it and wont budge till whomever is here leaves.. like hes
my guard cat :-) I'm so pleased with this door being fixed
Its wonderful. Amazing how just a small, well it wasn't THAT
small a job, but just something like that can make things
so much easier for me... Let me tell ya, I sure appreciate it
too.. Its a treat.. Now If I can figure out a way to cover this
glaring light on the joystick at night, Ive got it made ! :-)
Well we are predicted for the next 3 days to get snow, snow,
and MORE snow.. total each day they predict 3 inches to 8...
Best way to tell living here in Michigan is to just look out the
window.. In just a matter of 5 minutes this morning I watched
it go from partial sun, to light snow, to a total white out where
I could see nothing at all... Plus the fact its freezing cold out
only 18 degrees..I watch that poor kittie over there huddled
by the door.. I'm gonna go get that cat , I cant stand seeing
this.. I'll let him in here... I don't think the boys would like it,
but I'm the head kittie in this place and what I say goes !! I
wont go get it, but Id sure like to... I should have asked Carl
who they are and call them.. just so I know the details of that
cat.. He may Not want to go in.. but I see it jumping up on the
door.. Its too cold for it to be out there anyway... I will just
have to quit looking over there that's all... :-) Ya, you KNOW
I'm gonna stop .... NOT :-) just bothers me...
I had Penny go to the store yesterday, just in case it gets
really bad and she cant make it Friday. She agreed if she
cant on Friday she will try her best to be here on Saturday.
Shes so happy she can get her new tires now and fix the
brakes on her car.. She got her income tax check :-) She
bought herself a sewing machine and I promised to help
her make some things.. I told her to bring it with her on
the days shes to come here and we can do it then, and I
don't mind helping her at all.. She has a grand baby 1 day
older than my Alex...but a girl... so she wants to make some
things for her and her other ones.. Penny has 4 or 5 grands.
For only 48 shes done good :-) well her kids have, of which
she has 4 kids too :-)
I heard about the woman that was attacked by a chimpanzee.
How awful. I don't know why people don't understand that
a wild animal will NEVER be tame.. Now her poor friend has
to have a FACE transplant I heard on TV last nite.. AND I
also heard, even though it says hand repaired.. I was told
this monkey bit both her hands off.. How awful for this
poor lady.. And just as bad for the owner of this chimp...
On MSN it said the owner may be charged, as we are
all responsible for our pets, like our kids, if they do some
damage it costs the owner.. Its so sad though.. I just
cant imagine.. When the medics went there they couldn't
tell if it was a man or a woman her face was so bad.. Poor
lady, she is on my prayer list...

Well I'm prayin too that lunch will be pretty good today. Chris
doesn't get here till after 1. On the days that Penny isnt here
she will go out and get the mail for me, which is really great..
I look forward to the mail... well not when its bills.. but when
its good stuff :-) The egg salad made yesterday is GONE!
It was so good I ate one sandwich at lunch, one after I logged
off and then one about 6.. I sliced some fresh tomato very
very thin and put that on it.. M M M.. VERY good.. I really enjoyed
it, had been ages since Ive had egg salad.. cant say that any
more !! :-)

Time to post this and do something today, make myself useful :-)
or at least FEEL that way :-) Post Time ! :-) This GORGEOUS
WEEBLE bids you "G'day, G'day" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today.
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey the new digs look so great! And the bathroom ... My mother-in-law used to say the two most important days in her life were 1) the day she married Howard (her husband ... my father-in-law) and 2) the day they got a bathroom in the farm house.

    I wonder what my kids will say.

    Bestest

    d

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    WOW your bathroom is done,so wonderful for you.
    I sure love the pictures you took Lois...Thank you for taking them...love seeing your snow...hoping none come here or very little.
    I going to help train staff Saturday for Becky, hoping I will have time for the computer. And they said it might snow Friday night, sure don't need that to wake up to. Bob will be in bed so he won't be helping me clean off that snow or ice on the car. Well he does surprise me at times.
    Enjoy your snow while you have it, sure make everything clean and white.
    god bless you Lois and keep you safe my friend,
    Mary

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi d,
    Probly theirs are the day they got tv or puters lol

    Hi Mary,
    Im very pleased..this place is perfect...we have storm warnings of 4 to 6 inches of snow late tonite.. I hope not I have friends coming for a visit..Keep well Mary..

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker