ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

~Dream Catchers~

Ive been busy today straightening out my sewing stuff
in the kitchen. I had made such a mess and I couldn't
find anything.. NOW I can. :-) I want to make some dream
catchers for my grandsons. They are Native American,
and its said that the web inside the circle traps the bad
dreams from the person sleeping under it, allowing only
the good dreams through. The morning light dissolves the
bad ones. Ive made them for years and I take pride in
weaving the details of the web inside the circle. I use
feathers and beads and wrap the ring in leather. The
one up top is not finished yet, but you can see it.. I make
all size rings. This is the smaller one, compare it to my
hand.
I showed them to Penny and she had no idea how to weave
the web. I showed her how to do it and she is going to try
to make a few for her grands. I have 2 very dear friends
in Green Bay, both are Native American.. Nadine is Cherokee
and her husband Ted, is Oneida. They had just bought a
new home but before they could move in, Ted went through
the house in a ceremony that they use to bless it and remove
anything evil or spirits that may be in the house so their family
could live in peace and harmony there. They were special people.
I don't hear from them often but I wish I would :-)

I have a email sent to me daily from White Bison, called Elders
Meditation of the Day. Its a daily blessing to me, it encourages
me and every day it ends with a prayer and its only one sentence
most of the time... They are very good.. I send them to some
friends that enjoy reading them. Of course I put in some music
which I do in all my emails..

I was told I am Native American, Chippewa Tribe. But we have
no proof.. I was told that my birth mother was NA. I wish I
could prove it and I have written to the Tribal Council but I
have not heard back yet. To not really know your heritage is
a something Ive always wanted to find out for sure. I had
hoped with this computer I would be able to, so far I have
run into dead ends. But I havent given up...

What I AM giving is lunch to myself! I woke up hungry, had
2 cups of coffee, made a dozen trips to the bathroom to
get rid of it, seems its always 3 to 1 on a cuppa coffee and
trips to the potty.. for me anyway ! :-) I am hungry though,
but I don't know what I really want. COA lunch should be
here soon and I may see what it is today, might be some
thing good ! They hit it lucky every once in a while :-) but
law of averages they SHOULD~!~ :-) So its post time for
this and my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "g'day, g'day".. :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks!!!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write againl....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    So glad you had a good day straightening out your sewing stuff...mine not together anymore, have done so much moving it around the house. Really not a lot of room for it anymore. But I do have my sewing machine in my bedroom, I like it there for now.
    It been a full day here for me, got to go to a losing weight support meeting tonight, Bob went with me. It's only the second meeting they had, we meet every 4th Tue of every month...I think it going to be real good for Bob and I.
    God bless you Lois and keep you safe my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Hun Bun!
    I have just been reading all your latest news etc. Wow! you really write such interesting stuff Lois.

    Those dream catchers you are making are lovely. Boy are you a clever girl & talented too.
    I do know a bit about dream catchers, because of Glen living & working in one of the "first nation" communities in Northern canada for a few years.
    He bought some Dream catchers from one of their stores & sent me them over.
    They are so pretty, but I never did realize exactly what they were meant to do except look pretty, & I hung mine in the window !
    So it was nice to read all about them on your blog here & find all the information about them, so Thanks Lois, I found it very interesting.
    You keep so busy , no end to your talent is there lol

    Anyway I am happy for you & appreciate all the tags etc that you make & send us.
    Have a nice day sweetheart.

    Huggies Aud

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Theres never an end to cleaning a sewing/craft area :-) Losing weight is not easy, because you cant see the results right away.. be stay firm in it and you will lose.. get foods that eat up OTHER calories, like grapefruit.. Popcorn is good for a diet.. FUDGE isnt !! lol..

    Hiya Aud!
    Glad you like all the stuff.. Ive made alot of them..and they are said to work.. I make all sizes, they are meant for hanging by the bed, but people put them anywhere, I have seen some that are 3 sided.. Donnies ex wife knew how to make those.. not many can..Crafing and sewing is good for ya.. Creating something from nothing is for anyone.. makes you feel usefull..

    So nice to hear from you !!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker