ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, March 26, 2009

~Nice Visit~ :-)

My company arrived safely and we had a lovely dinner.
I made a luscious meat pie that turned out even better
than I had hoped ! :-) Of course desert was the mini
cheesecake bites. Delicious things.. THOSE you cannot
eat just one.. :-) We had a great evening of talking and
laughing it was so nice I really enjoyed the company.
They spent the night at a motel in Coldwater as I don't
know of any place here and that's the closest. Its, I
think 13 miles there.. Not being used to the roads and
deer usually ALWAYS sighted, they wanted to get back
there before dark.. And dark thirty is about 8 or shortly
after now.. It will be later next month, when it seems to
still be light at 10 PM..

They left this morning about 10 after coffee and another
nice visit.. They asked if I could make and design a bag
for to carry binoculars and bird books etc. They are
bird watchers and a bag specifically for that, with pockets
for books and the nocs, where they are easier to get
to.. A sturdy material.. like canvas or denim. I even made
the suggestion of a longer strap so it could be hung on
the seat next so if they were alone, they could easily
get to the things they needed. Enough for a water bottle,
maybe a snack.. I think it will be kinda fun to design again.

I will put one together and mail it to them so they can try
it and see if it works.. Today I plan to do nothing but write
this and relax.. I have done a lot the last two days, cuz I
wanted this place to be just perfect, which it is almost :-)
The deck, and it will be.. I just need to find some cheap
lumber to build it.. I had thought of contacting some of
the Amish builders here to see what it would cost.. Joe I
know wont mind as it will greatly increase this place's value.
But to have a deck? well of course I would call it my Lanai..
and I KNOW my cats will get SO jealous seein me out there.
Who knows Later on perhaps I could have it screened then
they could go out.. I watch that poor cat across the street,
I see it every day and feel so sorry for it.. I have yet to see
even ONE person pet it.. I did see that lady almost THROW
it to the side while she was weeding.. Poor thing.. Wait.. let
me get outside.. I will try to lure it over here and at least
PET the poor thing.. I sure would like to know the story on
that cat.. Carl says it isnt theirs.. just hangs out there.. NO,
that cat lives there, it NEVER leaves..

I did get a call from Deborah and we are so amazed at R&R.
She called them talked to Twanda, she said I had wanted
some new tires.. Deborah and I both said "HUH?" They
give us some of the most amazing crap! One person there
has NO idea what the other is doing OR saying.. Sue telling
me my chair's warranty was not valid cuz it was paid by
insurance... How stupid is that? I cant talk to her, she just
makes me so mad.. But anyhoway, Deborah phoned this
morning said she got it all straight with them and they
are ... R & R .. supposta call me and set up a time to come
and fix it.. How much do ya wanna bet I have to call them
and remind them? I bet I will. I just love all this CRAP..
no other word for it. CRAPOLA... :-)

I'm gonna post this for today and watch TV the rest of
it.. just relax and wait for a call that my friends have
gotten home safely. Wait for lunch, I told Chris yesterday
that the suppers are almost better than the lunches.. She
said I wasn't the only one saying that.. But it is SO true,
I really like the suppers. Since we do they will probly stop
them.. :-) Well.... now its time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"g'day, g'day".. :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again .....

4 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    So glad you enjoyed your visitors. Sorry I've not been posting lately, but I'm just plum tuckered out (as I believe you say over there!!) after working helping to get my Sis's place straight after her move to Dulverton.
    I've finished laying the floors and putting in the skirtings (base-boards, I think you call them) Still lots of little finishing touches to do.
    I'll try and post a bit more often, now the pressure is off a bit!!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    So glad your company arrived safely, always good to have good company.
    My grandson been here all day today, will get him 6 to noon on Friday.

    We all went out to eat after Brenda pick up Jonathon, he wanted to go to Subway to eat and it been a while since I've been there...Very nice to just visit.
    God bless you Lois and keep you safe my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    re chairs: George's warranty ran out. If something needs to be fixed on his chair. He calls his neurologist Dr who sends a Dr's order. Then the repair gets done - then the insurance co gets billed. George only needs repairs about once a year.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife !!!!
    WELCOME BACK!!! You have been missed! Moving into a new place takes alot of work,, Im not done yet and been here since Oct. But Im slow and YOU aint here to help !! Lucky Sis !! :-)

    Hiya Mary,
    Yes, they made it here and back home. Im glad.. Its always good to go out and eat.. Been awhile since I have..

    Hiya Momar...
    Anything we need to have done we have to get a drs order.. I guess its like that everywhere..

    So nice to hear from you !!!
    Happy Weekend!!
    Love N'Hugs, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker