ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

~Polka's~ :-)

Y'all know I love music, yesterday after I posted I
went in search of new music sites.. I came across one
that had polkas, which are a fav of mine. I had the
best time sitting here listening to them all.. It sure
brought back some great memories. Being from the
Upper Penninsula of Michigan, polkas were part of
us.. There was such a mixture of nationalitys that went
up there years ago that the music variety is amazing.
Polkas were one.. My Aunt Tillie Shoquist, now..that lady
could swing to the music.. She loved it..

I remember going with my parents to my Aunt GLadys,
and Uncle Ernies for dinner, Aunt Tillie was Aunt Glads
mom and lived there too; while dinner was having the
final touches put on it.. I happened to be out in the kitchen
trying to help carry food out to the table.. The radio was
on of course and a polka came on.. Aunt Tillie had the best
time steppin to that song.. She stood at the kitchen sink
and swayed in time to the song.. Then she would step to the
music around the kitchen.. :-) I looked at my mom and
Aunt Glad and they were smiling and pretty soon all of us
were doing the same thing!! It was such fun... :-)

I can only remember my parents dancing once, and of course
it was to a polka.. We had gone to a wedding and I can still
see them smiling and dancing around the room.. Another song
came on.. and the next thing I knew Daddy was grabbing my
hand, says "step on my feet, honey and we are gonna dance!"
I looked up at him and grabbed on and off we went, we had
a great time.. He never complained about his feet either..:-)
Memories are such great things and I like that music can
bring them back to me.. :-)

Penny came today and we are all clean.. We were steady on
the go getting the house straight. Wasn't bad but just stuff
we had put off doing.. And she needed to vacuum off the
couch.. kitty hair you know :-) Well when you have 2 white
almost cats you have seeable kitty hair.. We are all clean tho.
I have a meat pie to make yet and decide what to wear..
THATS the hardest part, I don't wanna look like Susie
Frump! This GORGEOUS WEEBLE accepts nothing less than
looking perfect :-) Time to post, cook and wait for company.
"G'day, G'day"... :-)


Y'all have a good one now, y'hear? love ya and Thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "Friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....
I pray the L

3 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Music is real good for us, make us laugh,cry and all between.
    It's been a long day here, went with my daughter today out of town trip...found a place where they make all kinds of fudge...yep I got 6 kinds of fudge here now. I slit it between Bob and me...he will eat his in a few days...then he can have part of mine, my fudge will last quiet a while if he stay out of it.
    But I really don't want to eat much of it either...I might but it in the freezer to keep it longer too.
    God bless you Lois and keep you safe my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree that most people love music. I can travel by listening to music from all over the world.I really like music from Bali, Indonesia. When I was a kid I listened to classical music and played in both the grade school and high school orchestras - I played the violin. The school system got us free tickets to the kansas city philharmonic.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes it is.. the right KIND of music is.. some thats out there now is almost obscene..

    FUDGE?? ohhh I LOVE THAT STUFFF!!! Penny makes great fudge..

    Hiya Momar...
    Yes, its a universal topic and bring together like food.. those 2 things and you ALWAYS have something to talk about :-) I played Clairinette for 5 years..8th thru 12th.. I wasnt very good though..:-( I tried..

    So nice to hear from you..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker