ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

~BIC Lighter Cover~ :-)


Well I am so glad to say that my phone no longer
BEEPS a dozen times before I get the dial tone.
Robert with Charter phoned and everything is
settled and I'm paying less now than what the
first plan was and everything stays the same. I am
most pleased. I do hate the fact of what I had to go
through. That was uncalled for, I don't care what
company it is, they need to train their people better.
I KNOW I cannot be the only one that has gotten
crap service so they need a place that you can go
to complain.. I told him that.. when I asked for the
complaint department they would send my call off
to CharterLand, and it was a guess who would pick
up my call. That's not right. I have to say that I
think they need to revise their training tactics. But
my bill problem is solved and I am happy to say that
is one less stress factor for me that I am glad to
be rid of.. I don't handle stress very well.. in fact
in makes me downright Pissy if you want the truth,
and I don't like that feeling ..

It seems every company or place or where ever; the
service people all say "sir" or "M'am". I have to say,
I get really kinda mad at that.. I have a VERY deep
voice, and I get so tired of having to tell people, "I
am NOT a MAN". Just teach the help NOT to say
that. Down south kids are taught VERY young to say
sir or m'am... but NOT till they KNOW who theyre
saying it to... These companys think it shows respect
theyre very wrong.. I think just don't say anything
at LEAST until you KNOW... But I get that ALOT.
You would think when they see my name, Lois, that its
a womans name.. Like Supermans girlfriend :-) Its
not a common name though.. I think Lois Lane is the
only other one I know ! :-)

Penny isnt feeling well today and didn't come here.
She will be here tomorrow. I sure hope so cuz the
boys are out of canned food. They wont go hungry,
they have dried, but they expect it every day and if
they don't they get really crabby.. Doesn't seem a
cat would really care.. but well.. mine do.. I guess
they really are spoiled.. theyre worth it for all the
smiles and laffs and even the YELLS ive had because
of them. LB seems ok, but he is wheezing too...
a lot, but alergies can bother a cat too. I don't like to
see him doing that, they seem to be lasting longer and
more often.. Ive looked it up online and there is nothing
I can really do about it.. He, well neither of them has
ever done a ugly hairball ick.. and I read that is LB's
way of getting rid of them... where Dutch puts his I have
NO idea, ive not found any uglies anywhere :-)

I made a cover for my bic lighter :-) I think its really
neat.. I saw some like this online.. they sold them for
3 dollars each. Its just scrap material and only takes
a 4 inch square ! :-) sew up 2 sides.. and there ya have
it.. I had thought about making one out of camouflage
material too.. I mentioned to my sis that I would like
some scrap camo as I wanted to make a wallet for Ty.
I made mens wallets when I lived in Upper Michigan.
I sent the pattern to my sister Shirley and she made
one smaller for a little boy. After she made one it was
on her table and her Grandson, Chris came in and she
showed it to him to see his reaction.. He LOVED it.. She
told him she had to fix it so the dollar bill fit, he wanted
that wallet so badly, he said "Gramma, I can fold the
dollar to fit".. he wasn't about to give up that wallet ..
Shirley and I had to laff at that... I want to make one for
Tyler. Its just the right size for a little boys pocket :-)
I told Mark that Tyler, by the time Gran gets done, he
will be the envy of all his little friends :-) All his stuff
will be one of a kind :-) THATS the joys of sewing...:-)

And, that's where I am headed back to.. my kitchen
and sewing AND... FOOD ! :-) I havent eaten at all
yet, just had 2 coffees and a tomato juice so I can be
hungry :-) Now my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "G'day, G'day",
Posting and food time :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    I use a bic - my dad used a zippo - he lost his in a flood, but when we came back after the flood - there it was and it worked fine.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois the cover for the lighter are cute.
    Glad your phone problem is over with, good times ahead now.
    The weather sure has been nice, just a little bit to warm but that ok for now...
    Bob got him some more tomatoes plants, one is a white tomato...he was hoping to get 2 plants of them...
    A real busy day here for me, work at the church just about all day...going back in the morning to help keep the kitchen clean...I saw a few of the window that I need to go over again...missed a few spots.
    When the sun hit it just right, then you can see were I missed getting it clean....it always those side doors that is so hard to reach and get clean...and when you go down the hall in the evening you see it real clear then...
    God bless you Lois and keep you safe.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Zippos are guaranteed.. they will fix and repair them for free too..I like the throw away kind.. :-)

    Hiya Mary!
    Ya, I showed Penny she liked them too, Penny smokes and uses the lighters.. A white tomato.. never knew there was! I hope I can get a
    tomato plant or 2 and keep them in
    pots out back.. I dont think I will be getting a deck.. I hope but.. oh well.. :-)

    Good to hear from you !!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker