ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

~Hot Day~

Suncatchers over the kitchen sink...

Talk about HOT! WOW.. 93 yesterday. I woke this
morning at 6:30 and was already over 80. I opened
the doors for awhile, till Penny, thank GOD!, got here
at 9:30.. late, but better late than NEVER! We all
were very glad to see her.. She does have a very bad
cough that she just cant seem to get rid of. With her
working for the state, she has no health insurance,
so she cant run to the doctor or ER at the drop of a
hat, which makes it hard for her, even though home
aides do have a union. But it does nothing to help them,
only charges them dues, and they have NO choice but
to join it.. Not right but the way things are now, so many
looking for work, those that have jobs are gonna try to
keep them, Penny is one, and if she keeps getting sick
and missing days, it sure doesn't help her paycheck..
We were glad to see her anyway. I had already done
a lot so she really didn't have a lot to do but dust, shop
and do the litter box, I do it but I cant wash it out
etc, which she does at least ONCE a week. But we are
clean again and the boys are happy they have their
treats... :-)

Rebecca didn't come today, she will next week. She
will have more information for me by then. She phoned
and said if I needed anything, in case Penny didn't show
up, she would come and do what I needed done, trash
out etc, not a lot.. which was nice of her.. She again told
me "LOIS, DONT WORRY".. so, I'm gonna try to do just
that. I have to. I cant afford any problems, I want to
enjoy being here, this place is so great and will be even
better once I get a deck, well even if I don't, this is a
great place and I AM GOING TO ENJOY IT.. PERIOD!
DOT. End of that ! :-)

I made the cutest shirt and shorts for Alex, Penny took
them to the post office to mail to Kelli. Its easier and
really cheaper to mail them for him than for her to run
up here and get them. Even though I would love the time
with our boy. :-) She said they will come up and spend a
after noon with me which would be great. Be nice to have
a little party, have Donnie and my other 2 grand daughters
Nikki and Amber, and the 3 they have, Nikki's Cameron
and Caden, and Ambers little girl Kirsten... Be a nice day!
I havent seen them for ages.. But to have my 3 grands
and my 4 great grands here all at one time.. don't you
KNOW my camera would be busy !! .. :-)

My boy got called back to work! Donnie went back Monday.
Monaco is back open, they merged with NAVSTAR and I
guess most of the employees have been called back.. Donnie
is pleased.. Although knowing him I think he liked this spare
job hes created, building decks and working outside. But
who wouldn't rather be outside than in.. specially when these
companys don't have air conditioning and rely on AIR COOLED.
which means Open Window ! IF you are lucky to have them!
Lots of places I worked no AC, I think that's where they got
the name of manufacturing places as Sweat Shops.. cuz no
air.. you sweated your patooty off :-) But I'm glad one of my
boys has gone back to work. Now, we just need to find a job
for Mark.. hes in the UK though- so anyone knows of some
jobs there around London, let me know !! :-)

I love animals, y'all know that.. go to the animal rescue site.
and click on the one for Kalamazoo, they don't have one, and
need one there, you can vote from any country, so we need this
shelter for the animals.. I go there daily and click.. Its at least
ONE way I can help the animals.. If I had a bigger place I sure
would take in orphan dogs and cats. Specially if they are from
a home where their owner has died. They go thru grief just
like we do and these poor cats and dogs are hauled off to the
shelters, which do treat them well.. but not like they would
get from a private halfway house till someone took them. I
feel for these animals.. They show them on TV and I about
cry when I see the sad eyes and such sad dogs and cats.
Breaks my heart. So Help if you can PLEASE :-)

I'm gonna go help myself to some lunch.. what, I have NO
idea.. I don't really have a big appetite when its hot. Its
not really cool in here and I don't know which will be cheaper
to run, the fans or the AC.. I will have to do a test.. Finish
off this month with fans, then next month try the central
air.. I have a feeling my electric bill will go through the roof.
Just like the gas does in the winter. The ceiling fans are
great though feeling the breeze from them. Its tolerably
cool in here.. This HOT GORGEOUS WEEBLE will "BE
BACK !" :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

"God BLess You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the ord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Yes it is so hot here, and Bob and the Pastor is putting up a roof on the church...and not much help from the young men of the church...so worried about them...I wanting them to start at 6 A.M. and not 7. then stop before 11 A.M.
    So I'm been working on extra cleaning of the church while there on the roof...then when they come down to rest, I try to wait on them...they are just too tried to get up and get anything...making sure they have plenty of water...trying to get them to eat a little cold fruit...
    The Lillys picture is so pretty.
    You do a wonderful job of putting in very nice pictures on the bog.
    The pkg has not come yet.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I cant take the heat at all.. I cant breathe..
    Penny came yesterday and we were so busy she didnt have time to do the box to you.. We will do it friday and mail it then.. :-)
    Im glad you like my photos I love taking them ! :-)
    Keep Cool !!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker