ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

~Its HOT!!!!~

This will be a short post as Its so hot in here I cant
stand it.. Its 11:30 as I write this and the temp out
side is 98, what it is in here I have NO idea. I have
my ceiling fans on in the kitchen and living room. I
HAVE central air and heat, yes, but I forgot yester
day to have Penny show me how to turn it on before
she left at 12:30.. As yesterday went on it got up to
98 outside and with only fans, I was HOT and I was
having a hard time to breathe, so I opened my freezer
door and I sat there for a while with that cold air
blowing on me and it helped reduce my body heat. I
felt like I was ready to boil over..

As of right now I have made 3 calls, one to Carl, no
answer, one to Joe, a recording, and one to Steve &
Lisa next door, their car is there, but they are not
answering their phone. I was going to ask Steve to
come over and show me how to turn this on. The
MAIN problem is... This GORGEOUS WEEBLE is
TOO SHORT ! I cant see the thermostat. So I
don't want to reach up there blind and turn on the
wrong thing !... If I don't hear from anyone When
Chris comes with my lunch, she came yesterday at
1:30.. I will have her show me or turn it on or some
thing. Its too hot for me..

This heat is amazing that we are having this soon.
Tell me again all this stuff isnt changing.. Up north
in the UP summers never got this hot, every year
the temperature gets higher.. That's why I didn't
like Texas or El Centro, CA.. Lordy talk about HEAT!
No one had cars, trucks or any kind of vehicle with
out air conditioning. And its getting just as bad here.
I opened the door last evening just to get some fresh
air, and it was so muggy I started wheezing I had to
close it there was NO air to breathe for me out
there..

Was strange this morning, I sat in the doorway having
a coffee, well Dutch and I did, and there were NO
BIRDS. not a sound even of any. Was so strange not
to see even 1 , I was getting worried as there wasn't
even a breeze! I halfway expected the sky to turn
black and have a storm ! But after a while the robins
came, then the black birds.. Was an eerie feeling to
not see or hear any, guess they were enjoying the
cool.. They probly stay flying around just to keep cool!
Well with all the lakes here if I was a bird Id be in
that lake ! :-)

I have to get in front of the fan, and post this. I am
today I can HONESTLY say I'm a HOT GORGEOUS
WEEBLE :-) But I will be Back !! :-)

Y'all have a COOL one, Y'hear? love ya and thanks..
Oh, Rebecca is coming next week :-) Update then :-)


Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

4 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous barebutbob said…

    Hi HOT gorgeous one,

    It's hot here too. Of course I dress for it :)
    Hope someone comes to help you with the thermostat. Haven't turned the air on here yet - but may before the end of the day. Have workmen here replacing the gutters - I had the covers on them, but they still get all clogged up - had baby trees growing in them.
    Anyway the new ones have a new guard system - so should work better.

    Keep cool Sweets - Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois

    Yes it hot a lot of places now...hoping to get that rain on Sunday and hope it will cool thing down a bit....the men quick at 10 A.M. this morning... starting at 6 has help a lot.Our pastor is just not up to it, it is so hard on him...but he is so busy in the evening he can't get the rest he needs I think...but that the life of a pastor...
    I worked 4 1/2 hours inside, so much that needs to be done. But Friday only going to put in 3 hours, got a lunches to go to at 11....and praying the men will stop at 10 A.M. again.
    It sound like Bob and I will be working on Saturday morning too...hoping some of the young men of the church will show up.
    God bless you Lois, and keep you cool.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    When it goes up over 90F (32C)I fill the bathtub with water that is about that temperature and just soak. I have no air conditioning, but I live in the basement and it rarely goes over 23C or 72F.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Butty,
    This is gonna be a long hot summer me thunks :-) No, being a naturalist I wouldnt think you would need it on yet :-)

    Hi Mary,
    Your box is mailed today, (Fri) look for it..:-)

    Hiya Momar,
    A good way to cool the air is put a bowl of ice in front of a fan..Works for a small area really well.. Learned that in Texas !! :-)

    Good to hear from ya ! Stay Cool :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker