ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, July 31, 2009

~HumHer Visit~ :-)

HumHer came by for a visit with me this morning!
Usually Hummy does first.. He did come by later. I
thought this was neat how shes really drinking. I
have the best time taking these photos, and I don't
know why I do.. no one really wants them.. I bet I
go thru 2 batteries every other day, If not every
day.. I take LOTS of photos, I pick and choose the
ones I put here, If I put them all- that's all that
would be here, no room for my 2 cents :-) THAT
would NOT be good :-)
I was telling a friend that I am curious to see if there
is a camera I could plug into the electric, then I could
leave it on all the time and I bet I wouldn't miss ANY
thing out there :-) There is an outlet outside too :-)
But if I could plug a camera in that would be better, I
know with my old video camera, I wish that thing worked,
I had fun with that. I was even more deadly with that
camera than a snapshot :-) I have some good videos of
the "Good Old Days". I bet I have at least 20 or so
tapes I don't have the adaptor to watch them on a VCR
I should have them put on cd but I don't know how to
do that either. But that worked on battery or plug in.
I still have it.. I wish it did work :-) It takes those small
tapes about the size of a pack of ciggies to view them
I need an adaptor that the tapes go into then they go
into a VCR... which I think are becoming obsolete from
what I hear..
I have some old 8 mm tapes I would LOVE to have put
onto cd before they get ruined. They are from when
I was very young, my dads videos, he liked to take
pictures too.. :-) I have them on VCR tapes but I still
would like them put on cd. I havent looked at those
tapes I have in years, I'm glad they havent gotten
ruined with all the storing and moving.. I had some
great tapes of Kelli and Kimmie, her mother. I
guarded for over 20 years to be able to give them
to Kelli. She has had them put onto CD. These are
the only movies she has of her mom.. Kimmie was
killed in a car accident when Kelli was 4, so she
didn't remember a lot about her, now with the marvels
of these great cameras she could hear and see her
mom, and I'm glad I had them to give to her..

Penny came today and worked hard inside and out.
The dirty bird was back and took his daily birdbath.
Penny cleaned it out and put fresh water in it.. That
could be so pretty out there if all the grass was
dug out from between the cracked cement, all edged
and at each corner put a little piece of picket fence.
Then a really cute bird HOUSE.. They would have a
nice little place out there :-) And I would have THE
best fun watching them... :-) And taking pictures:-)
The sunflower is doing good and there are blooms
on the honeysuckle again ! :-)

Oh, the Magic Week starts the 5th to the 8th. I was
wrong, I thought it started the 1st.. Go to the Colon, MI
website the daily list of stuff is there, from what it
says there will be something going on over here at the
high school twice a day.. :-) Be busy around here :-)
I am SO GLAD I have my CAMERA :-)

Time for lunch, Penny is making meat pie.. She does
very good at it. She likes my recipes for stuff, it
gives her ideas of things to fix for the people she
cooks for at home, they like my recipes too :-) Post
time and for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE warning.. :-)
"I shall return! " :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Good evening Lois

    I was able to get 5 more wasps today, sure hope that was the end to that wasps problem we had...
    Lois sure glad you like taking photos, cause I sure love looking at them...
    I use to take lot of pictures, but got so many now...and can't afford then now...
    Well Saturday is the 1st of Aug and I will have Medicare...will see the doctor when I need it now...

    My grandson coming over Saturday afternoon to look and see what wrong with my car...sure hope to get it fixed.
    Awesome to have a grandson that know how to work on car, since Bob is not able to check it our right now...
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    My daughter and her husband do 8mm to dvd conversion. I will ask them how much they charge.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    The pictures are GREAT. I love that one of HumHer!! and the finch with his beak open from yesterday. Well done.
    There may be a little round hole on your camera to plug in a mains converter. That could solve the battery problem. Unfortunately, rechargeable cells are not the answer. The voltage on them is too low.
    I find the snag with a camera with a dedicated rechargeable is that it runs out just when you are 100 miles from home. A second battery is very expensive. So I use a camera that takes ordinary "AA" cells. In your situation, though, a camera with its own rechargeable might be the answer. Hope that helps!
    We are just clearing the decks for the arrival of the SIX grands and their Mom to-morrow!!!
    Take care, Honey
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I hope you get rid of them :-) Just be careful! I use a memory card in my camera and then put them into my computer, and If I want to print one off I can.. Its really free and they dont take up alot of room on your puter.. Photos are a good thing.. Many good memories :-)

    Hi Momar,
    Ive heard some places do it, but I need to be most careful if something happened to my film I would be most upset. I wish I could get some photos off the film..

    Raife, you are such a smarty.. I knew YOU know about Photos.. The ones you take are amazingly beautiful.. :-)

    So nice to hear from you! Have a great SATDAY:-)

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker