ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, July 30, 2009

~Kittie Treats~ :-)

Almost the 1st. I'm glad, these 5 week months get to
me sometimes.. I run so close to the red. Seems when
I run out of one thing, like laundry soap or some cleaning
supplies, they all run out at once. Same with the boys cat
food or litter. And they HAVE to have their treats! Well,
I have cookies or candy or whatever, they should too! :-)
These new ones we tried they really like them.. theyre
by Whiskas, Temptations, theyre called and if I even
touch the bag I can get these 2 cats to come to me faster
than if I had a bird or a fish for them, which is probly
what they taste like :-) Theyre crunchy on the outside
and soft on the inside. How do I know? It says so on the
package! :-) NO, I did NOT try them :-)
Had to share this birdy one, kinda neat with his mouth open :-)

Would you believe, I was sitting in the back doorway and
I see one of those wasps right in front of me? I wasn't
sure he was on the outside OR inside. I didn't take any
chances and smacked it with a catalog I had on the blue
bench by the door.. That's the 3rd one in about as many
days, I don't like that.. Makes me nervous, specially if
I'm sleeping, I don't want to get stung or worse ! I have,
well, I probly shouldn't admit this, well put it this way,
I have a tendency to "breathe heavily".. in other words,
sometimes I SNORE :-) which means mouth open! What
if one of those things flew in my mouth? ICKKKAAAA !!!

When I was younger, we all would go up to the Ontonagon,
The old fish hatchery. All the family was there of course,
and it was supper time, all the men had come back from
fishing and the fish were cooked. My mom told me to
go and call my cousins to come and eat. :-) I did. As soon
as I opened my mouth to call them, this HUGE horsefly
flew into my mouth! I didn't know what to do.. It buzzed
in there but I couldn't spit it out, so I swallowed it :-)
I did! I went back by my mom and told her what happened,
she just smiled and said "well, I hope your still hungry!" :-)
Which I was, fresh caught brook trout? Who wouldn't be?
That's never happened again, maybe cuz I learned to keep
my mouth shut? :-) We know THAT hasnt happened! :-)

My thumbs are getting really bad, the more I use them. My
left ached so bad when I was putting the elastic in Alex's
shorts I had to quit and one pair I couldn't even put it in
and sent them to Kelli for her to do it. THATS not good.
The left is worse than the right, but theyre both bad. I
know its carpal tunnel, but I think the left hurts more cuz
its the one I damaged when I worked for EDS, I fell and
tried to stop my fall by putting my hand out, and hit the
base of my left thumb.. I had to go to the ER and every
thing, wasn't broke but bruised really bad. Its not worked
right since.

Well sore thumb or not I have a baby quilt to make and I
may make some receiving blankets for Chris. Shes such a
sweet kid. She has 2 daughters, the youngest is 6, so she
may not have a lot of baby things. The quilt is Winnie the
Pooh with Tigger. It will be cute, and I will take a photo
when its all done. I sure would like to get to know the twin
lady, Joyce said shes a quilter. She may need some fabric
sometime and I could save her a trip to the store, even
though I know she drives, I see her go in her car a lot.
Her garden is doing so good, but it should with all the
TLC she gives it every day... :-)

Lunch time and time to post this for today. This was
a nice quiet day, or has been so far.. :-) I hope it
continues this way. Plus this GORGEOUS WEEBLE
needs to do something constructive to prove I did
deserve to have this day.. :-) BUT, fair warning!
"I SHALL RETURN!" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honeydear!
    Take a rest and let the thumbs also rest.... Tomorrow i arrive home for some hour, before i go to summerhouse again. Take good care of what i longing for, hon! ; )
    Your ownest
    ROB

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Was a wonderful day, the weather is real nice here...we missed that rain we needed...if you get to much rain send it my way OK.
    I took Michael out to eat for his birthday today, his birth mom picking him up Friday for a week. Michael will be 20 the 3rd of Aug...We had a wonderful time together, Patsy took us and I paid for her lunch too.

    Yes it hard when you run out of a lot of things all at once...I try to keep extra on hard, but it don't always work.
    We kill over 12 wasps today, they were under out last step by the front porch...Twice I had Patsy to take me to get that spray to kill them....one can didn't do the job...what a mess it was, had to keep the mail lady from using the front steps, we also have a side steps we had to use for a while today. hoping that wasps problem is all clear up...
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    Brooklyn has a flock of wild parrots - Wantagh on LI has a flock of wild turkeys. - anyhow life is ok right now shhhh!~ I can say thinks are ok and the next thing you know the foeces will hit the wind occillator.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob!
    Nice to hear from you :-) Please keep me updated ..

    Hi Mary,
    Been HOT here, but ok.. I am staying cool as I can :-)

    Hi Momar,
    I saw a show on tv about some falcons had nested on some high buildings in NYC. Y"all got pidgeons too :-)

    Good to hear from you !
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker