ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, July 25, 2009

~Monocular & Binocular~

Dutch has to be in Mom's Photos :-) I told him to smile :-) he didnt
listen as usual :-)
I am having the best time with these 2 doorways, watching
all the great stuff outside, this having the glass on the bottom,
we're missing the nice breeze right on us, but I can still feel
it and I can get some great photos now. I was sitting in the
front this morning and noticed something in the field across
the street. So, I got out my monocular, which is like a spy
glass like the old ship captains had centuries ago.. mine is
just a newer version that a very special dear friend sent to
me when I mentioned that I had my dads binoculars, which
are very good, but NOW I have a pair at each doorway, so
I don't have to risk dropping them. If I damaged my dads
I sure would be upset. I think I have a photo somewhere
of my dad holding them even, and I'm about 11 I think.. They
are Bell & Howell, and still great.
I saw Jesse black dog being let out by himself, where the
other dog was I have no idea.. Well, as I'm sitting there
watching Jesse, I see this spot moving really FAST headed
this way! I realized was a squirrel after a second or two of
squinting and finally getting out my spyglass to make sure.
It was a squirrel, I quick looked to see where the dog was,
cuz he will chase a squirrel I saw him do that. Jesse did
not see this one, he was too busy chewing on a zuchinni :-)
I sure didn't want to see that squirrel getting caught
by that dog and not be able to do anything. THAT
would be awful... I saw the 2 neighbors dogs escape
yesterday and I worried about them all night ! :-)
I STILL don't know if they got them back.
The squirrel made across the street, luckily no cars.
That one I watched try to get across the street that
time in 3 Rivers almost drove me nuts, he would start
across then stop, run back, till I just couldn't watch
him, there was a lot of traffic, but I never saw a little
body out there in the road so he either gave up or
made it across ! :-) Which this one did too. This one
is quite big.
We, I always say WE, like I do it.. PENNY changed
the water in the Hummer feeder. It says DO NOT
put food coloring in the water. I noticed the past
few days that I had not seen Hummy, that's what
I call the male and HumHer is the female :-) You
can tell the difference because of the red around
the males neck. Well Id mentioned to Penny that
maybe we need to make some juice for them, which
is just boiling water with sugar, 4 parts water to 1
part sugar. This morning they have steady been
out there, they are so fast I have a hard time getting
a picture ! By the time I get my camera on and shut
off the flash theyre gone ! I sit and call them tho :-)
I do.. I call them.. I call the cardinal when I hear his
"purtypurtypurty" he sometimes will come too ! :-)
Ive not seen him in a while tho.. But I sure am glad
not having the RED water the Hummingbirds will
still come by.. :-)
Rained all night with thunder and the whole 9 yards.
Today is gloomy and dark and threatening to rain.
Which I hope it does. I like seeing the grass green
and not all dry. I'm going to call Joe and see if he
may have an extra sprinkler and hose I can use. We
got a new hose last year but I guess was too cheap
and Penny says its not worth a crap.. it leaks.. so I
bet Joe would have a few, hes got lots of propertys.
I hope he does.. I really cant afford to get one. Well
I could if I save, but this being a 5 week month it
sure puts the screechers on doing anything extra. I
HAD to get the birdbath I had money put aside for
that anyway :-)
See Hummy on the left? I should name him Speedy! :-)

Ive been taking an aspirin a day lately and I sure can
feel a difference. The chest pains have ALMOST
stopped. If I get excited or wound up I can feel my
pressure going up and then the chest starts.. So I
am glad my 'plan of attack' on handling this rent
issue is working. It was getting the best of me, I'm
still not back back but I'm lots better, I am at least
REALLY enjoying my blessings of having this place.
I guess it doesn't matter how long I have it as long
as I ENJOY it while I do, and I am trying VERY hard
to do that. :-)


RINGY DINGY!!! The lunch bell is ringing! :-) and I
am kinda hungry, I have NO idea what for though, so,
I'll have to do a search and seizure out in my kitchen.
:-) SatDay today I may wait and make my favorite
things.. :-) I'm sure you know what that is too :-)
This GORGEOUS WEEBLE needs to get busy.. BUT!
"I SHALL RETURN!" I know your glad :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and Thanks!
ALways, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois

    So sorry I didn't get around telling you Bob got your card, thank you so much...I was going to but don't know what happen that I didn't get it done...I told you my brother James broke his right arm the 2nd of July and found out a week later his left arm was crack in 4 places...now he not to drive for a while, I done some shopping for him and he has other that has help him too more then I have been able too...my sister Helen fell in front of the hospital 5th of July and hurt her ribs...having to help her out some too...but my ex daughter in law has put in a lot of time helping her out...when Bob got out of the hospital the 17th, that night he brother John had a heart attack, they said he wouldn't live through the night...now he is in a nursing home doing fair...
    Then I had to old school friend that just about died this month...
    This month has been real stressful for me.
    My son Robert Leon came in this weekend, so good to see him...and my grandson mowed the lawn for me...wow that make my day.they live 4 hours away now, he moved this month..but I do worry about the next time it need it...

    Bob is doing better in some ways, but still having lot of pain at times. I don't like to leave for very long at a time.
    Hoping never to have another month like this one.
    We have been eating few of our tomatoes, the yellow one are doing good...the other tomatoes are not doing any good.
    We had lots of green pepper this year from our two plants...
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 5:41 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Quite the Nature Photographer, aren't we?!! Well done, Honey, those are some great pictures.
    Poor Mary has been having a tough time. You are in my prayers, Mary.
    Hope the weather clears, Honey, it's forgotten how to stop raining here, too!!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    leaky hoses: Irrigation hoses on farms are full of holes so that they dribble the water out in small amounts.
    Squirrels - as I walk the half mile or 1km to work from the subway - I pass through a mini-park that is loaded with squirrels having fun.

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Butty said…

    Hiya Gorgeous,

    Thanks for sharing the pics of the outside activity. The critters are sure fun to watch. We've lots of birds & squirrels here. And we occasionally see a fox, racoon, and rarely deer. Oh - and we have a few garter snakes around too - they don't bother anybody, and we don't bother them.

    Glad the aspirin is helping.

    Take Care - bare hugs as always.

    Butty

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Y'all !!
    This is SUCH a nice treat to read these from you .. THanks bunches..

    I love taking photos.. specially of animals. I was horrible when I had my video camera :-) NO ONE was safe. I bet I have a dozen tapes :-)

    I hope y'all are having a great weekend ! THanks for stopping by! :-)
    Love N"Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker