ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, September 26, 2009

~Ramp Guys Walking~

I saw the ramp guy come home yesterday from I think,
Therapy, since his friend in the blue truck was with him.
I saw him go up the ramp and couldn't help but notice
how he walked with his new prosthetic.. He did good..but
I noticed how tenderly he walked as though it really hurt
him.. For as long as hes been an amputee, which I don't
think its been very long....he is doing good..

A few days back I saw him go up and down the stairs and
he did quite well.. and I would think the steps would be
harder to do than the ramp.. But then I have NO idea, I
have never tried a prosthetic.. and I don't want to.. Ever
since I became an amputee I have never desired to have
them.. This is me, and I have No Legs, fake legs are ok
for some that are very athletic. Ive talked to many amputees
that DO have prosthetics and many many of them don't use
them and they are sitting in their closets.

I remember one lady that was a amputee, she worked in an
office that was mainly men, this lady felt she HAD to have
the prosthetics to be able to maintain her same status with
her male co-workers, which to me, well I don't see where
it would make a difference, but many feel it does.. Myself
I'm of the opinion that If someone doesn't like the way I
look, don't look at me.. This is me, I like me, no matter what
I look like on the outside.. Its whats on the inside that counts.

I have a very special friend and today is his birthday,
I wish you a very special day to a very special man.. I hope
your birthday is the best you have had and you have MANY
more.. :-) Happy Birthday D... :-)

Well time to get Mark around to fixing lunch for us.. What
I have NO idea.. it will be good I have NO doubt.. So...
That means its Time for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE to
warn ya "I SHALL return!!"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hi Lois
    It's sure has been a nice day here, the weather is awesome.
    I took Mike out for breakfast, had a coupon for buy one and get the other one for .99 at Sirloin Stockade and I love buffet.
    Then we did a little work at the church to touch up thing for Sunday.
    He wanted to go skating, but they didn't open up till evening time...when it get late I just want to stay home...
    Sure was hoping you get your back porch done before winter set in.
    God bless you Lois.
    mary

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous barebuttbob said…

    Hi Gorgeous,
    Certainly enjoyed your comments on pros. I too have talked to amputees who both do, and do not, use them. Opinions do vary a lot - and to some extent it depends on the nature of the amputation and east of use.
    Well, nuff said about that. Wanted to let you know I'm still around, but have been very busy with little puter time - sigh. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary :-)
    I hope so too Mary but if not, oh well at least my front door works :-)

    Hiya Butty~!
    Im glad you did :-) Ive found that out too.. Its a shame that as much as they cost to not use them...

    Good To hear from you :-)
    Hope you have a good week end...

    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker