ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

~Daily Battle With Leaves~


Carl has had a daily battle with the leaves.. I was
really afraid yesterday when I saw him up there on
his roof.. They can be so slippery.. That roof was
just covered in leaves.. bad thing is all he did yesterday
its all back today ! He and Joyce worked in my yard too.
All the leaves were gone last evening.. Today? Well they
are back.. That leaf sucker upper truck has its work cut
out for it.. Just on these streets here I bet will fill that
truck..
I had the best time this morning, well so did Penny and
the boys.. We had so many birds out side it was amazing.
I counted 6 doves and 2 Jays, a cardinal and the wood
pecker not counting dozens of those little guys.. It is
just so nice watching them.. I'm glad I had Penny get
that corn on the cob.. The wood pecker was fighting
with the jay over it for a while.. Penny is still looking
for a pumpkin...I think the squirrels will like that . The
ear of corn that Penny took off Monday and put on the
ground I watched as squirrley hauled it off in his
mouth.. I tried to get a photo but he grabbed that corn
and ran as fast as he could up in to that pine tree, and
I'm just slow with this camera.. Think I would be used
to it by now.. I have to give it back to Penny so she can
take photos of her grands all dressed up for Halloween.
Theyre all excited about it...I sent some candy for Penny
to give to them...
I had a surprise visit yesterday from Sandra with DHS..
my caseworker Laima is out on sick leave, broke her arm
or something.. It was my 6 month check in.. Sandra said
she has over 500 clients she has to take care of .. AND
she said there are NO funds for APS, they usually get
about $10,000 to use to help clients.. They got 0 this time.
This state is seriously broken.. Even our schools have
had their budgets cut .. This gov we have.. well she could
do better.. I bet if she and all the reps we have for the
countys and the congressmen, all took pay cuts and that
money put to help the rest in this state we would not have
ANY cut backs.. She hasnt thought of that. This state is
in BAD shape.. its really sad.. :-(

We are all clean and ready for a few more days. We got,
well no, PENNY got the boys some new treats and theyre
happy, they have been pouty since Mark left. He paid a lot
of attention to them.. These new treats help.. They have
been sticking to me like glue lately, so I have been spoiling
them even more :-) Theyre worth it :-)...

Time to post and DO something today, what, I dunno, but
I'm sure I can find something to do :-) First I need some
lunch and I dunno what that is gonna be either :-) What
I DO know is its post time and for my GORGEOUS
WEEBLE... "I shall return!"


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Luv ya and thanks !
ALways, Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

2 Comments:

  • At 6:14 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Sorry to hear about how bad your hans and arms are feeling - I know how you love to make creative things and to sew.
    Looks like photography can help a lot. Those are some lovely pics of the woodpecker. The colour of those trees is just wonderful, too.
    As I was delivering the Parish Magazine for November, yesterday, I was looking at "our" colours. They are all mixed up on each tree, instead of each tree changing colour all at once. The beeches are all green, gold and brown, the colours very subtle. A different sort of beauty to yours.
    Take care, Honet,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife!!! :-)
    So nice to hear from you.. I love taking photos. Our trees each have their own colors that makes them so pretty... Every season is great.. spring , summer, fall even winter :-)

    Keep well and in touch!! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker