ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

~Travis Visit~


I woke to the sound of my phone ringing at 8:45 or so.. It was
Travis calling to tell me he would be by in 45 minutes. He knows
how I am about calling first.. He just left, so he stays and we talk
maybe for an hour half or so.. Hes a really nice guy.. Hes not very
old..mid twentys.. married and has a dog.. :-) We just talk and he
makes sure all is ok here for me.. We talked about being depressed
today and I mentioned to him that no one really can SEE that in
someone.. Most, I'd say 99% of the people that know me have NO
idea that Depression IS my major problem.. And its not really that
easy to control.. I try very hard EVERY day NOT to show it.. And
most that know me even say that they had NO idea I suffered from
it so severely.. that I ALWAYS seem happy...I have to.. If I didn't,
it would be too easy to slip into those dark unhappy places that
only a person suffering from this could know or really understand..

If I let my guard down, if I let even the smallest thing get to me.. If
I dwell on unhappy for too Long..It takes me even longer to get back
to that spot or place, I guess, that I am even half way happy again..
So the smiling, happy isnt really fake.. its my way I guess of dealing
with the unhappy.. And to be truthful.. I am NOT happy that my life
has turned out this way..that I am doomed for the remainder of my
days to never walk again.. and to suffer every day, since my mind
refuses to let go..being reminded that THIS is my life..And I have
NO choice but to make the best of it...I could let go.. but I wont.. I'll
hang on till I think the saying is "its not over till the fat lady sings"
Well with my voice the way it is.. THIS GORGEOUS WEEBLE
FAT LADY aint sung and may NEVER :-)

All joking aside.. Depression is a very serious thing and that is what
I think most disabled peoples major problem is...Of course crap, ick
weather don't help! I saw the weekly forecast.. it said by Saturday
our temperatures will be in the high 80's to possible 90!! That is
why so many get sick.. Today is cold and rainy and wet and damp
and a crap day.. Very dark gloomy one..These drastic ups and
downs in the weather are the major causes of the sickies now..

I do feel a tad better today, not the greatest but I'm rollin again.. I
have no other appointments now till Friday.. when Penny comes
back..I will just relax these next couple days and watch TV.. I did
watch the BCC channel last night.. news.. Scared me .. I aint
watchin the news anymore.. :-( Even the local is not good.. There
is a young 23 year old woman missing from around here, in the
township.. Went to get her mail.. and disappeared.. What is this
world coming to.. Our planet is falling apart..Worries me a lot..
Specially all the killings... scarey..

Soup time for this scaredy cat GORGEOUS WEEBLE though..
Tomato I think.. I do have some good Progresso chicken soup..
They make the best soup..Just like homemade.. I love all their
products..specially their Italian bread crumbs.. :-) I need to lay
it down for a few.. I hope its sunny where you are.. Send some
to me please :-) Time to go.. but remember.. I shall return!


Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:15 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Please, take the "News" with a large pinch of salt! Don't forget, good news is NO "NEWS". It's like a character in one of our old comedy shows. She was a soothsayer and her lines were "Woe, Woe and thrice, Woe!!!" That is what our news is all about. But, like Corporal Jones used to say in "Dads Army", "Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring, don't panic!!" (That's pronounced Mannering, by the way! - these crazy English!!!) Dads Army was about the L.D.V. (Local Defence Voluteers), later called the Home Guard. These were guys either too young or too old to fight in the war, who were used to defend airfields etc. during the war.
    So, keep your chin up, Honey, it really is not as bad as the news programs are trying to tell you. And don't take any notice of this Global Warming Crap, it's all lies to extract more taxes and make politicians look good.
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    God bless you,
    Raife

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    Sorry for the fast "bye" had to "GO!"
    I dont think they really tell us ALL that is happening just to keep the peace..I think if we REALLY knew we all would be scared !! Not alot I can
    do about it.. just keep rollin !! :-)
    Good to hear from you.. :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker