ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, June 19, 2010

~BAD Storm!~

I'm not used to seeing Carl ride the mower to cut the grass, but
I think they have been busy with grandkids visiting..Joyce and Carl
had the best time playing ball with their GREAT grandkids she said.
Usually she rides the mower while Carl uses the weed eater.. He did
notice the new bird houses he said. I think he called them head knockers.
He got the grass cut just in time... We had a storm!!
The wet spot is back this morning, well it was there last nite when I
was watching this awful storm go thru... We had a BAD storm.. I was
watching TV and saw the warnings with the red so I went out to the
kitchen, was about 8 or so...The floor was wet then too...But when I
got to the kitchen and saw that I could see NOTHING.. I KNEW was
a bad storm.. It rained and blew so hard it stuck that leaf to my door.
I heard a LOUD explosion.. but by then the lights had already been
out for a while......
We lost power about 8 or so..I heard on the radio this morning a few
towns, like Sturgis and Colwater still don't have power.. While I was
surveying the damage and watching Carl pick up branches from his
yard I kept looking at the ramp guys house.. Some thing looked
different..Do you see what???
Yeah, that HUGE weeping willow tree is on top of the house and down
on the ground! I saw the cops with a spot light out there last night..Lots
of city trucks going around as well as the electric company and from
what I heard on the radio this morning its pretty bad..trees down and
some houses damaged and of course the no power..
First thing I do when I see there is a storm like that outside..I look at my
power gauge. I cant take any chances that the power in my chair runs
out and I have no way to charge it if the power is out here ! THEN I
took notice if the boys and I should head to the closet.. It was really
scarey and the boys were right next to me, following me everywhere.
I'm glad that they do.. Then I know if we have to run they will follow me
to the closet . that's the only safe place in here I think.. The power was
back in a few hours..I'm so glad I have my battery radio... and I keep
candles and flashlights handy too..

All the kitties were out there this morning I was glad to see..I was
worried that they were safe and dry.. I wish I knew where they went
when they left here , if they do have someone else that looks out for
them.. I feed them every day. and they eat till they are full..Yet every
morning they are out there like theyre starving they eat so fast...and
they fight..Only 2, I worry get enough and that's Eary and Fluff as I call
them... They are so skinny, but I think maybe they all need wormed..
Fluff is so pretty but so sad looking and Eary..His poor ear looks
a little better but both are skinny ,,too skinny.. Anyhoway...


We made it thru the storm and all is ok.. I feel pretty good today
which I am most grateful..:-) I have no plans which is ok too.. Ive
been resting my arms and it seems to help. I gonna make a nice
leftover meatloaf sandwich.. Sounds so good.. I hope you have
a good weekend.. This GORGEOUS WEEBLE is closing down
for the day..Remember..... I shall Return!! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker