ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, February 11, 2011

I slept last night, but a restless sleep.. I woke at 6 am to
the beep beep of the smoke detector..Needless to say
I got up... Sadly however when I rolled out into the kitchen
I was SEVERELY nauseated..so after throwing up nothing
for about 15 minutes the feeling passed..One of my major
problems during all this was the nausea, no matter if I eat,
drink or taking pills is the worst, I throw up..Well then I got
that -C-Diff or whatever that made my body fluids toxic
waste and no one could come into my room unless they
had a gown and gloves on.. I was miserable..
THEN~! it gets better ! I got a UTI..urinary tract infection!
I was having a hard way to go.. That picture up there is one
Penny took at Fairview..With that c-diff I had to be in a
private room......I HATED that.. HAHA ! I was glad.. I dont
do good with room mates...:-)

When I was wheeled on a stretcher into Fairview I had a
most horrible vision of a repeat of a bad movie..Sure
reminded me of the Hell home.. I wasn't happy.. at the hell
home I never had a room to myself they always gave me
the room mates from hell...That was a major issue there.
The personnel at Fairview were exceptional..and it was
like at the hell home, someone was steady coming by..

The night before I left there was a steady stream of aides
and nurses coming by to give me a hug and to wish me
well.. One nurse Alita was a doll.. she and I hit it off right
from the start. Her husband has cancer and told 4 years
ago he was on limited time...I pray for him every day..
Across the hall from me was a young black kid..well he
was 23 or so.. He had been in and out of rehabs since
he was 8, when he dove into a lake and broke his neck
he is a vegetable.. Every day I looked at him..they faithfully
got him up and made him a part of the daily living.. I looked
at him and thanked God I was me.. I may have problems,
but at least I KNOW it.. I can appreciate every day..this
poor guy, knows nothing and is kept alive with a feeding
tube as he stares vacantly into space.. God has a special
place for him and I think hes to remind the rest of us just
how lucky we are....


Well so much for todays post.. Graybelle had to come visit,
her poor mouth still is not completely healed.. Penny has
gone to the store and my boy just called to say he is on the
way..Hes bringing my humidifer ..the boys and I spark each
other so bad, its amazing we don't catch on fire.. Hes gonna
fix the smoke detector and replace the lightbulb in the bath
room. Penny is such a tiny thing she cant reach it.. :-)
So anyhoway, I'm done for today.. I'm still a GORGEOUS
WEEBLE and I will be back ! :-)


Always,
Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois.
    We got snow everywhere too, I'm ready for Spring time...Big Hills of snow everywhere and most of it in the way of seeing other cars at the corner...Make me feel pin in and so much white everywhere...sunglasses is needed... I Love the Sun shining bright, the snow will melt faster.
    Love the pictures Lois...
    I'v been sleeping the last two days till 9 A.M.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous AUDREY said…

    HELLO SWEETIE,
    SO NICE TO SEE YOUR SMILING FACE ON THE NEW PHOTO THIS MORNING,BUT I KNOW YOU WILL BE SO TIRED AFTER SUCH A RESTLESS NIGHT HONEY.

    YOU ARE DOING GREAT IN SPITE OF BEING SO POORLY.
    WE ARE THINKING OF YOU HUN BUN, SO HANG ON IN THERE & WE HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE DAY.

    WE ARE HAVING A WET WEEKEND OVER HERE, SO ROLL ON SPRING !!

    BE GOOD NOW !! BE BACK SOON.

    LOVE & HUGS AUD & DON

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary & Aud & Don,
    So nice to hear from you..tired day today but tomorrow will be better...

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker