ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

~Im Home Again!~

I'm home again...very weak and not in the best of
condition, but I made it through the fight of my life
this past month and a half, I am pleased and proud to say,
I don't think I have been through worse than this other
than when I was fighting that horrible infection in my
left stump for a year that time.. This was a shorter
fight but the outcome is not near as good as it was
with the infection..but I'm still here and the fight is ON! :-)

Here is the scoop.. My heart is blocked in 2 places which
are not able to be fixed..Both arms are severly blocked
and cannot be fixed, which I am grateful I have my power
chair.. I cannot operate my manual but a few feet with out
excruciating pain in my arms.. My abdomen is blocked
and cannot be fixed..Ive already had 2 abdominal bypasses,
no chance for a 3rd.....

My Dr. ,Saltile, sat down in my hospital room, on my 66th
birthday and told me this.. He said I "possibly have a year
ahead". I don't need to tell you what I did.. I cried of course.
I had so been planning another 20 years...Some dreams
don't come true...

I know 2 little boys that are happy to have their mom home
and they have not left my side since I got here...LB was a
bit mad at first , Dutch well, my little man cried he was so
happy and showered me with kisses.. LB came around
later and hes not left me either...

I have to have almost daily help now.. If you know of some
one wants to come and live with me let me know.. I still need
lots of care...

So there you have the update on me.. This is a most interesting
subject "what would you do if given only a year to live..." I have
had so many bouts of tears and sadness its amazing..l I hope
you will continue this journey with me...

I read all the comments and I wont name all of you, but your
special words and dear caring thoughts made me cry and ever
so grateful that I have all of you out there praying for me..With
out your prayers I would not have survived... Thank you...
And Bev, my sweet girl...you are a good daughter to me and
your mom.. I love you dearly......

I lost about 25 pounds, but guess what? I'm still a GORGEOUS
WEEBLE.. God love ya and I shall be back... :-)

Always Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

8 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank God you are home. Take each day as it comes Lois. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    With love from your friend in England
    Julie xx

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois, We all are so happy you are home! You are fortunate to have a year, most people with your problems just pass, but you are a fighter and your year might become two or three or even maybe four....take care of yourself,

    God Bless,

    Will

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI LOIS,
    IT WAS GOOD TO TALK TO YOU..EVEN THOUGH I COULDN'T TALK VERY WELL..
    I HAVE HAD 2 SURGERIES ON MY THROAT AND 1 ON MY VOCAL CORDS..THE BIG C.. AND NO MORE THEY CAN DO FOR ME..WE MIGHT JUST GET TO GO SEE GRAN TOGETHER. NOT A LAUGHING MATTER BUT I HAVE TO LAUGH.. I AM IN MY 30'S..GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ARE HOME.
    LOVE RICHARD

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Dear Lois
    So happy you are home, what a blessing from God...Keep your self in the word of God and Jesus will lead you the way you need to go and that goes for the rest of us too...we never know when our time is up and we want heaven our home for ever.
    So glad you are back home Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest!
    Sad and happy news often come in the same package... But about the year the Doc gave you... Doctors have been wrong before, and lets hope it so this time too. He maybe don know he had one of the tuffest woman alive, in front of him... You have been in a fight with life for several years now, and why should that fight stop just because he says so? Hes just an ordinary doctor like you and me, the only difference is that he has paper to proove it!
    Take care my dearest friend...
    K & H from your own
    ROB

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI LOIS Dear,
    we are so sorry to hear such devastating news about you today.
    I had a note from Jo this morning telling me about you.
    we did wonder how you were because we had not heard from you for ages & really missed you.,

    After reading your blog just now we can see how ill you have been & still are.

    It is so awful to hear what you have been going through sweetie.
    But NO i cant accept that you will not get better, because the LOIS we know & love is such a brave little fighter, & i know you will keep on doing so .

    I am happy that you are now back home with your BOYS, & will keep you in our thoughts & prayers.

    Just hang on in there ok honey.
    we will keep looking in on you through your blog.
    Heaps of hugs & love from Audrey & Don

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bonjour ma Belle,
    So nice to hear from you. I was very worried about you. Keep fighting and prove that Dr wrong.
    Hugs,
    Robert

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    HI Julie
    Thanks my friend...one day at a time is the best way to go...I agree

    Hiya Will..
    Hey,, if I have my way I will see my 80th
    birthday :-)

    HI Richard,
    So good to hear from you.. Keep looking up and you got a friend in me sweetie :-)
    remember eat carrots~~!!!!

    Hi Mary~
    you are very right.. Keep looking up..God loves us and will only give us what we can bear.. He is so testing me :-)but I can do this...

    hi Rob~!
    I lost your email addy please write to me.. Im a fighter and this IS the fight of my life..guess whos gonna win??? lol... ME the GORGEOUS WEEBLE~!!! Luv ya hon...

    HI Aud & Don,
    Thanks bunches.. this fight has only JUST begun... keep in touch...

    Hi Robert,
    You betcha.. so nice to hear from you...and please keep in touch!~!!

    So wonderful to read this and I am most grateful..Remember I am not doing this alone..with out your love and TLC
    i would have lost the battle already ..you are all most dear to me..thanks :-)

    LOVE N"HUGS<
    Lois

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker