ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, January 23, 2012

~Pasty Day~ yummy

I'm late today and its Pennys fault.. She only just
left and I hadta eat the pasty she made for me.
I had NO choice!! It was so good, I only ate half
later on I will eat the other half when its cooled,
a pasty is even better then...

My mom and gramma were the best pasty makers
in the county... Gramma and my mom came over on
a boat from Cambourne in the UK... Grandpa was a
miner in the UK and he and 2 of his brothers all
decided to come to the USA to work the mines.
The wives and children came over after the men
got settled...

Grandpa and my uncles were skilled miners so they
got to work right away in the iron mines in the upper
Penninsula of Michigan as soon as they got here.. One
of the staples of the miners in the UK was pastys...
Its a individual meat pie sorta kinda... Its good.. :-)
And my gramma made THE very best... All what's in
them is meat, potatoes and onion... I put rutabaga
in, it makes them even tastier, not every time but if
I have one I will use it... There are pasty shops all
over the UP, AND, there is a place up there that
will mail them to you!! Are they good.. Its called
Pasty Central.. http://www.pasty.com/ Ive gotten
them many times... :-)


Well I need to finish my lunch. I stopped to come
and write this so y'all don't worry.. I'm still a
most GORGEOUS WEEBLE, keep well and God
Bless...

Always, Lois ****

 "God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love pasties! They have them in the freezer section of some stores but it's not the same as a good U.P. pasty.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I love all the thing us send my way, keep it up ok.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    The pasty site will mail pastys to you!! and they are GOOD~~!!!

    Im so glad you like the goodies I send Mary.. Keep well..

    Love n'hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker