ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, July 14, 2012

~Free Kitties~

I was sitting and having coffee this morning
and there was a knock at my back door, I
looked and standing there was a little girl,
about 10 id say, she smiled when I opened
the door and said "Would you like a kittie?"
I so wanted to take one, but I told her that
I have lots already inside and out.. she smiled
again and thanked me said 'have a good day'
and walked next door...

Its already 85 out there and this little girl is
walking the neighborhood trying to find homes
for her kitties.. that made me sad.. poor thing,
every little girl wants to keep their kitties,
and to not find a home for them, there is no
telling what they will do, probly take them to
the animal shelter where they put cats to
sleep rather than adopt them out.. mainly cuz
they have so many.. Pennys cat just had 6 babies
sadly 4 died.. if I was gonna take a kittie I
would take one of Pennys, but I sure wanted
to take one for that little girl... bless her heart.

I had cats every summer growing up.. My mom would
go over to Sadino's grocery store and get a baby
and bring it home but it had to stay outside.. I
wasn't allowed to have them in the house.. I made
them a nice bed under the porch.. Every fall tho,
and I never really knew what really happened to
my kitties.. but they disappeared.. moms reply to
my cries about my kittie was "he probly wandered
off and fell in love, next summer you can have
another one, maybe he will stay"...

Years later I had gone home for a holiday and I
told my mom I had cats of course and a dog.. I
brought up the summer kitties I always had, and
I mentioned how I wish they hadnt left me.. I
wanted to keep them.. Well my mom, bless HER
heart, said "Lois, honey, you know kitties werent
allowed in the house, they wouldn't survive the
winter outside, so we gave the kitties back to
Sadinos store! We only borrowed them for you"...
I was so shocked! My kitties were only on loan?
my mom said it was to shut me up and to stop me
from constantly begging to have a kittie!  :-)
I had to laff... I never knew the truth till I was
over 20 years old..:-)

Seeing this little girl made me think of that.. I
should have maybe taken one just so she could
come over here and see it.. I think she just
lives down the street..I hope she can find homes
for them.. I hope Penny does too...!! I know my
boys would get hysterical if I kept a baby kittie.
They get SO MAD when Penny brings one of
them here for the morning.. LB growled and hissed
so bad last time he coughed for 10 minutes after...
No, no baby kitties for me.. id love to have one tho.

What I really honestly want? Id LOVE to have a dog.
I want a German shepherd so bad.. I love those dogs.
They are so smart.. I know a guy in Elkhart, in fact he
gave me my Greta... she was a full blooded, papers a
mile long, shepherd.. I wish I had her now, or my twins,
Jesse and Jake... Id love to have one.. but oh well I
will settle with my 2 spoiled rotten kids... they love me
Dutch sticks to me like glue and LB isnt too far away..

Well I hope you have a great weekend.. The hummers
love my new feeder, specially having a perch.. Ive seen
2 out there at the same time sitting and having a drink.
I still have babies in both birdhouses too! I had to quit
watching the other day, the baby almost fell out trying
to fly.. I kept watch for the cats, but they were gone..
I don't know what Id do if one of my outsiders got
a bird.. I don't think Id like that.. but I have to say I
have NEVER seen the cats go after a bird, squirrel,
yes, but not the birds.. which I'm glad.. That squirrel
out there is  a thief! every time Penny puts a corncob
out there its gone within hours or at least by the
next morning :-) Feeding babies or stock piling if shes
storing for the winter as much as shes taken she will
make it thru the next 2 ! or this is gonna be a bad
one this year.. You know its only 5 months to Christmas?
On that note, this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is signing off..
Today is treat day.. fries n'gravy.. I'm droolin just thinking
about them :-) Have a great day, keep well and God Bless

Always, Lois ****

   "God Bless You", is my prayer today,
  I'm so honored to call you "friend"
  I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
      until I write again.....

1 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh Lois what a good read that was! I feel for the little girl too and hope the kitties find a good home. Makes me think of when I was a little girl and my mom brought home a kitten for me. We knew nothing about how to care for cats and put it in a box by my bed that night. Well in the morning the stink was OUTSTANDING! Poor baby had to "go" and no litter or anything but a towel in that box! Learned pretty quick about how to care for a cat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker