ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Been a PRETTY good week..

This has been a good week.. I have to say the good has outnumbered
the bad.. I did have a bit of a go round later last nite but i think cuz i
ate some swiss cheese..and did NOT sit well.. I woke up a few times
during the nite and was nauseated this morning a bit from it i guess.
I think was the cheese was just funky tasted ok..but Dutch , you know
HAS to taste everything I eat ...so he even threw up this morning..
we both are doing ok, hes running around here now thinkin' its play
time..mom is too busy to notice what i get into.. I do believe he was
attacking my mouse last nite tho cuz its being a real buggar today.
sticks , wont move.. i bet he did, .i would NOT be surprised, I
wonder if THAT is what made him pukey? hmm i didnt see any
parts of it missing...lol...

I am debating whether to move my puter back into my bedroom.
I left the desk in there and just have it in here in my sewing room
on a table. I thought if i move it back..and close this room off for
the winter may prove to be helpful with my electric bill. And there
is a huge window i am facing which is drafty..I can feel it come
from like underneath the window sill on my stumps.

I have a lovely mink cape was given to me years ago by my ex mother
in laws boyfriend..(she didnt want it! go figure that out!!!) so the way
it is shaped , to go around shoulders is perfect for over my stumps.
the part that would cross in front i put on the sides of me and tuck
it in so i dont feel any draft at all..and I HAVE to say i do feel quite
elegant when i have that mink over me..its very soft and VERY
warm. Lovely thing im so glad he gave it to me. The boys do too when
i put it over on the other chair they get on it right away and keep
it warm for me lol...

I got some great messages today on yahoo and I want to tell you every
time i read that my little corner here is being read makes me feel so
good..and that you like what i write. I just try to let you know what
it really is LIKE to have this happen to you.. It was a bad thing ,, yes,
a totally new life opened for me. At first i thought . my life is over..I
have NO reason to do this anymore, but thats NOT true at all. I have
met some of the nicest people because of these amputations..So they
cannot be that bad now can they? I get told more now that I am sexy,
*blush* and beautiful ( i knew that :D jk) and wonderful than I EVER
have even from my ex husbands..so HEY thats not TOO shabby in
my book. i kinda like it lol, sure makes my day kinda shiney :D

I thought was only up to me to make this bad thing into a good thing
.and i have to say,, i didnt do it all..no, ive had help, that i appreciate..
its everyone that HAS accepted me in this new shortened state. Dont
see just the stumps but all of me..that hey, Lois the sexy gorgeous
wonderful woman is me! I know my stumps do attract some people
which is fine with me. we all are attracted to something. so this is as
good as anything else as long as its kept in prospective.. Now Ill be
honest..i have had SOME prettttty ..hmmm. . . RAW? remarks
about them and sometimes i get told stuff i really
dont want to read, or things happen that show no respect.. But I
think the majority have been honest sincere and really do respect
me for who and what i am..see ALL of me, let me know that they
see how hard this really is and admire me for being so open about
this and telling EVERYTHING i know lol..but THATS a good thing to.
There is NO WAY i can do this alone, and I am grateful for the
encouragement i get..means so much to me..AND does keep me going.

Well its 7 pm..do you know where your children are? lolol mine are
right here both sitting next to my monitor ( which is on its last legs)
gonna be worse than me tho cuz it gets pitched in the trash ALL of it.
Not just the legs LOL..I think i will go and try to eat something, I
may just do some soup. I love Mrs. Grass Noodle Soup. I will leave
the spaghetti sauce for some angel hair pasta for my sunday dinner
i think. hmm does sound good tho..be kinda tasty while i watch
COPS. I like that show.

Thanks for helping me accept me, and making my days brighter ..
I honestly do appreciate it..and when i sit in my silk skirt and have
a gorgeous sweater on and this mink over my stumps..i FEEL LIKE
A QUEEN. :D..and thats A GOOD thing..ask Martha ...
oh..Happy Halloween...!

y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya.. a kotc for all of u ..
Always, Lois ***

8 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice to know that things are going good :)

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Harry, sweetie..its people like you and your nice comments that keep me going and making things good for me..
    thanks, i appreciate you alot...
    Always,Lois***

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No worrys :) as long as you are writing I will be reading :D

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois!
    It has allways been the whole of you....But without the stumps we might never have met...So be thankful for those missing parts, they are not all in focus no longer. Its you AND this little wonderful extras that make you more uniqe than all the others. Be proud of what you NOT GOT, and most of all be proud of what you are...The most sweet and lovely, and caring little cutie on the net..
    Rob

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Dear Rob. you just know what to say to make my day brighter, you are so kind.
    I know more people since becoming a amputee that I am so very
    grateful for that would be lost to me had not this happened, it is NOT all that bad, You and everyone lift me up so many times when I cannot stand..and I deeply appreciate that so very much.
    thank you honey. KOTC & a hug ! :-D
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Life is full of modules. To have a meal is one module. We do not usually think consciously of these modules. Most of us just glide from module to module without consciously thimking about them. When you have a blog, you are much more sensitive to what is going on in life.
    You might try to have your SW get you one of those triangle thingys for over your bed so you could pull yourself with more ease. Today, I am going to stay home and in bed most of the day to nurse a cold.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lois - just catching up on your blog. Well - you are a sexy woman - and I've known you for a good long time now. But it's not just your lovely little legs that make you sexy my dear - nope - it's you. Your mind, and your personality and your wonderful attitude - that's what does it. For my money - your legs are a plus!! Keep up the good work...
    Hugs,
    Bob

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar, hope your cold gets better!
    But i agree, modules is a good word.
    I can get a trapeze with a hospital
    bed. the electric kind, but Im not ready for one of those, plus I sleep
    cockeyed you know...sideways..I like
    the big bed I have now. I have a cord I tied to the frame and seems to be workng great..Get plenty of rest now and get rid of that cold, glad you felt well enough to come and spend some time with me.Thanks :-) *

    *Bob, Me thinks..close to 3 years now buddy, long time and you are still the same sweet talkin' guy..
    luv ya..KOTC...
    Always Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker