ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Pets are a good thing....


My 3 kids

Dutch and LB (LittleBoy)

Meow Meow...











Was lazy day today, I woke up super early 4am, but I did take a nap after
I watched the Packers lose in the last few minutes of a tied game. Was
sad to see them lose. I lived in the Packer Backer Town of Green Bay
and I have to say one of the best citys in Wisconsin. Great town. Game
day? well thats just what is was all roads led to the stadium before and
away from it after, dont plan to go to many other places if you got in the
wrong lane let me tell ya, ask me how I know THAT!!!. I lived there
yet still watched the game on tv. Wonderful place to live though specially
if you loved the outdoors, lots to do. I lived there before I moved back to
IN, some of my leg problems were diagnosed while I lived there.

The picture up top is of my 3 kids..lol..well the front one with the dirty
face is of course adopted and a female, I named her meow meow, as
thats all LB does when he cant find her or is dragging her around. She
is LittleBoys lover, girlfriend & never far away. I laid him by her and curled
her around him when he was tiny as he was so small and to keep him
warm when I wasnt holding him. I dont remember alot
of his growing as I got him when I was at my worst, Aug, 3 yrs ago. Hes
never left my side since he was handed to me at 4 weeks old. He is on
the right up there.

The one on the left with the white face is Dutch. The one I mainly talk about
as he is constantly at my side. He is the most animated animal i have ever
had. To him everything is play, eat or sleep, I guess I should add seeing
what he can get into. Every roll my chair makes he & LB follow, doesnt
matter where I go, they go as well..yes they follow me to the bathroom, and
wait till I am finished and then they leave when I do. I dont mind they do,
but it is hard to explain to company they are not allowed to go to the bath
room alone, they have to go along specially Dutch.
The joy these two have brought me, no one could buy.

I think pets are a way to help people that are disabled. The helper dogs, I
could get one but feel I would have problems as far as letting it out side to
do its business, in the winter would be impossible for me to let a dog out. I
have always had a dog b4 and I do miss having one. I think for security
reasons I may re-consider getting one, especially since they built 150 new
apartments next door. If they kept the side walk clearer in the winter here
letting a dog out would be easier. I dont know if the boys would like that too
well, but I am seriously thinking about it. Pets ARE a good thing. ! .

I think the main thing is the companionship they bring to someone like me.
Dutch climbs all over my chair, he rides on the back between my back and
the chair. We are a sight. Sometimes they have scratched my stumps which
at times has not been good, LB slipped once and his claws went thru the
scar on my left leg which is VERY sensitive and always is a source of
constant surveillance to watch for any other sign of infection, I dont know
if I could handle another time like before when I spent most of my days
in constant pain, wanting the nurse to come and give me the numbie to
stop the pain for a few hours but crying getting so upset knowing that
it was going to wear off and the pain meds i had were not going to work,
but was what my doctor felt was BEST for me. And he didnt know at all.

I watched the game today, laying on my bed, and of course fell asleep.
I woke to all 3 of them up on the bed with me, the boys on each side
of me. When I stir and start to wake they know to get out of moms way
as it is getting to the point to sit up from laying is NOT easy to do. With
out the legs there I have no leverage, I have a tray table that goes over
part of the bed, the kind in hospitals, and I use that to grab onto to help
me to sit up. My hand has slipped many times trying to sit up, it is NOT
easy. I have gained weight since all this and I think from constantly
sitting, my middle area has expanded , :-) my way of putting it lol..at
times when i fall back i have to laff at myself and see me looking some
what like one of those weeble toys, those kind with the rounded bottoms
that kinda like go back and forth? I KNOW,, that has GOT to be what I
look like sometimes trying to sit up on the bed. And let me tell you when
there have been times i needed to be "extremely" fast to slide into my
chair and rush to another room I did NOT need that weeble effect to be
happening ! ! ! Those potty calls can be an emergency one at times !

Another week starting, and tomorrow i will tell you what one leg weighs
from just above the knee, it was really amazing, as I didnt think of it
as having a weight just the loss of a loved one. tomorrow you will know
and I do have a great photo that I took especailly for the winner. But
perhaps like i said all who guess may get a photo as well..maybe lol...
I love all the great comments I have gotten since I started this blog.
I dont mind sharing my daily challenges with anyone. This is my life
now, and Im living it the best I can, with what is available to me but
I think 3 of the things that have helped me the most thru this of course
are my family and friends and my pets. What will be happening this
week? well Jane will be here tomorrow for 2 hours and while she is
getting the laundry done I hope we can tackle my closets. If my
mother could see the disarray she would turn over in her grave to
think I have become so messy. Its just HELL being so short.

I am heading back to tv land, getting my favorite snack, pringles
chips and a cream soda, the boys LOVE pringles. and we 3 sit on
my bed and have chips. I hope everyone had a nice relaxing week
end like mine. . . but perhaps a tad easier getting about..

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? Nite all..oh...thanks hey? love it..
Always, I am...Lois***

7 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your cats are so cute

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thanks sweetie! I think so too..They are bad sometimes but my very loyal
    companions.
    Thanks for being here :-)
    Always, Lois

     
  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like cats but at heart love a huge slobbery dog (or dogs for that matter!)who is always willing to show how much he loves you! Of course has an impact in the laundry department - but then there is always a price I guess?
    Colin

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Colin, dogs are great, ive always had them, Brandy a shitzu i had for 15 years wonderful animal, german shephards are my favorite, but I love them all really, I just love animals, If I could I would have lots more, when I get my own hearts desire place on a lake ? I'll have a dog or 2.:-)
    Thanks for reading sweetie ..
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois we must be twins, I have always had a dog,she was 10 & at my side contantly. It broke my heart to give her up, but with no legs, I could not let her out either. That was 3 yrs ago, just recently zI got a white blue eyed kitten, She was 3 weeks old now 3 months old. She is the love of my life.He sleeps with me & goes to the toliet with me, just like yrs.
    the lonliness was like death before
    but know there is a little life in my house.She holds my face when I cry& I even think he is trying to kiss me.It's the best thing I did for myself. I"m glad we both share the same experience. Marlene

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Pets are great Marlene..Cats or dogs.. My boys are very spoiled. But worth it. I cant do anything with out them right there. LB is totally different than Dutch..They are so good for each other..LB is lazy fat cat..Dutch gets him motivated to play which is good for LB. I love my boys. You wont regret getting a kittie.
    Always,Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker