ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, October 27, 2005

I Have to say.....

I just was amazed today at all the great comments I got from last
nights post..I have to admit i was a little worried that some might
get offended by reading my description of what my stumps feel
like actually..No one was offended at all..even my girl friends
laughed and I am NOT gonna tell exactly what some of the
comments were about having 4 ! lolol But y'all ask..so hey..i told.
I am really so pleased to hear all the great things you are all
telling me..it just makes me really really glad I am doing this
I was having a rough go and my friend said GET A BLOG
i think he was tired of me whineing to him ya think? lolol
hmmm... y'all are glad he talked me into this tho aint ya? :D

Well i did a stupid today tho..yup..i did ..AGAIN.. rollin too
fast..ran right up close toooo close to the side of the door
.i was in a hurry..no specifics..and I hit and really scraped
the back of my knuckes and part of the back of my hand
between the grabber wheel ,,,what i call it..the gas pedal
so to speak..and the door facing ..knocked the bark off of
a couple spots..on the door too!!..THAT hurts..I have
done that a few times. There are some scrapes and dings
all over in here..one i missed judged a turn to the potty
ran into the wall and theres a kinda dent in the wall.. :D.
My potty is working great by the way..every time I
scoot up to it i think "geez i got a real toilet seat.."
when i slide back into my chair..and reach out and the
HANDLE doesnt fall off in my hand..I am so glad...and
it works great...i'm livin large here...lol...

I got some call backs for some new lower dentures..and
i may be able to even get some new glasses in case I do
ever go out i dont have to wear these magnifiers and
look like suzy frumpy..they work good tho..But some
new nice looking ones would sure be great.!..

And COLD in here today???? ..wow..i mean colder than a
witches butt on a brass broomstick let me TELL you.!
I called my neighbor and she came and turned it on the heat
for me..i wasnt to keen on having to climb all over my
recliner i cant use to do it.. I got a electric one they said be good
for me..no , no, still have to have to have weight on the
foot thingie , yes..even tho its electric..for that to go
ALL the way down..that was a fun escape thing too. I
had to pull chair up to the side..and climb over the arm
rest to get into my chair..if i would have scooted across
the foot thingie still up..well ya i would have hit the
floor ..THEN the buggar would have went down! So that
chair sits in there..I refuse to be climbing over the arm rest
every time i get out of it..so I watch tv on my bed ,
and get i even more comfy anyway..I lay and do leg exercises
it helps sometimes too when they ache..sitting for
hours they do get stiff..and the massaging does feel
good then...this cold tho sure makes them ache..I
should move to where its warm..hmm ..Florida
maybe..NOT on the hurricane side tho..is there one?

I have friends down there in Miami..i hope Sharon
is ok..My sister's sister lives down there too said
she had some damage..and had to some repair
work...yes ..i have my sister, she has her sister,and
we had OUR sisters..If you read my stories over on
bravenet site,, you know I was adopted. this sister
here with me is my blood sister. I was raised with
a sister as well...we talk the same about ours mine
and her mother's lol..strange..

Well im in my sewing/puter room and its not too
bad in here..I am thinking of moving tho ..this
puter back into the bedroom and closing this room
off for the winter..HARD moving a puter with a tray
table and a power chair but i did it..all by myself too.
TOOK for ever..but it was doable. I'll find a way to
get it done..lol

Im off in search of food again as usual..no not pringles
this time..I have some of those good little snacky crackers
with p'nut butter n jelly in them ..not to bad..and my
cream soda..love that stuff..
thanks again..y'all just make my day with your great
comments and I am glad you come here to spend this
time with me.
Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya...
ALways, Lois***

5 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Witches Butt??? Well whatever you say LOL

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    brass broomsticks are mighty cold i hear ..so ya i bet the witches butt
    would be kinda cold Harry!!
    Nice to know your readin sweetie..
    KOTC for you too..(kiss on the cheek)
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks :D

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love that remark about a witches butt!! Much better than talking about brass monkeys and parts of their anatomy!! :-)

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,I was going to use that and since it is Halloween weekend I thought the witchbutt fit in better LOL...
    thanks for readin ~!~
    Always,Lois ***

    * I call them padoobies :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker