ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, October 28, 2005

Why when things are good......

I'm here and I had a really massive headache today, I woke up with it . I
havent slept well now in the past few days. Only getting 4 to 5 hours
at night. I think I get too many things on my mind and then my brain
overloads and I cant sleep..Its POSSIBLE~!~ even for blondes ! :D

This week was a good one with getting cable set up for next week and
not too much falling apart, a clean apartment, and today CLEAN clothes.
I can go into my closet and not sit there naked for a half hour trying to
decide what I can find to wear..of course that FITS me..lol. Its warm in
here thanks to my neighbor Penny, shes a good woman, cares for her
daughter that is in a wheelchair. Penny kind of looks out for me if there
is a alarm or something going on in the building and she thinks I am not
aware of it she lets me know..A few days back there was someone lurking
in the hall and trying peoples doors, Penny called and warned me to make
sure mine were locked. Once she came over said we had a prowler out
side the building and she took the time to come and help me to make sure
my windows and other door was locked as I cant reach the window ones.
She is good to have next door..These little acts of kindness mean alot and
I never hesitate to tell her how much I appreciate she looks out for me.

Even though things go well and run smoothly I get surprised, why when
things ARE going ok, I wake up with a headache and what I call one of
my DARK moods, where I can easily cry. I hear a song, or see a mail
that someone has told me how much they enjoy reading my little tidbits
i write, and even that I am sexy and beautiful, I still feel sad. I think
because of the depression that just seems to associate with any person
that has any kind of lingering health problems is the reason, and it is
something that is just unavoidable..Funny how my boys seem to sense
when mom is having a bit of a rough go, they seem to know and stay
even closer to me. Neither of them are the kind you can hold and pet
or lay in your lap, by you , yes. but not to hold. Dutch is here, laying
in my lap as I type this as if to say, "hey Mom, i'm here" LB is laying
next to my monitor. I think when we lose someone, or something
we love even years after they have left us, we still mourn them
being gone. I can only compare the feeling of losing my legs to the
feeling I felt when I heard the words, "Daddy is gone", and "we
found your mother,,,,," or "your sister, died, today, so sorry it
was on your 59th birthday"..These are the loses I can only compare
to the feelings when I heard,"Lois, the leg HAS to come off".....

My remedy that helps for these Dark days, I find my favorite
songs, "Into the Mystic", or "Time In a Bottle" or "Moon Shadow"
Then I find my happy songs that I know will make me smile like
a good foot tappin polka, or a good old rock & roll oldie. Music is
such a wonderful thing...what it can do for a person.. I highly
recommend it.

Halloween week end.!.! boy do i remember some excellent partys
I have been to..the fun, and trying to think of a really unique
costume. once I was going to glue M & M's allllll over my naked
body,, put a raisen in my belly button and go as a COOKIE..:D ..
i decided I could possibly get into trubble with that one..so no I
didnt do that...lol...*bet i woulda won best costume * ~~~ :D

I had a late lunch so I am not on a food search after I close this
out tonite, but I thought I would head back to Yahoo and find a
chat friend there to spend a little time with until I head to my
bed..The headache has eased, and I finally heard from a dear
friend I hadnt heard from in awhile , got a mail just a bit ago,
and THAT did make me smile, so I will send my reply soon.
I LOVE to get email..*HINT HINT*...I hope everyone reading
this has a great week end, be careful..dont eat too much candy
but have a GREAT one. HMMM..my writing this has helped
that little dark that still is lingering..I guess cause I know you
will be coming to share some time with me when you read this
and I hope will let me know...:-)
Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Luv ya...:D
Always, Lois ***

3 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger DazzlinDino said…

    First time visitor...

    You are truley an amazing person, your unique look at things is almost infectious, and your outlook on life is outstanding, I wish you all the best.

    By the way, my mom's name is Lois, and from what I have read you and her are alot alike, spunky and uplifting. she went through a bad bout of cancer 30 years ago and was given a 30% chance of living. She told the doctor he was nuts, and is living proof of just how nuts he was. It takes the right attitude to beat anything, and girl, you've got the perfect attitude...........

     
  • At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to hear more about you. Stay beautiful babe ;) lol

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thank you Dazzlin,what a nice thing to say..your very kind.. I apologize for not responding last nite..but seems my comments are going to my bulk on yahoo and I dont get notices. I will try to fix that.

    This was so nice to read while I had my coffee this morning. and just started this sunny day off so nicely..I will pay a visit to your blog. Please visit again I post every nite about 7 or 8.see you tomorrow..well ill be visiting u today :D...

    * Harry u sweet thing ..what would I do with out your sweet comments? your such a love. *
    thanks so much to both of you ..great start on this new day..im off and rollin :D
    Always, Lois ***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker