ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, October 30, 2005

How Do You Sleep?

I get asked alot "how'd you sleep last nite?" Some nites pretty good
I dont get up at all..but it depends what time I finally pull up to
my bed which determines when I have to get up again- what REALLY
decides is if I drink too many soda's while I'm watching tv to be honest.

If I'm tired, I'll fall asleep pretty fast depending how far I am propped
on my pillows. I lay opposite on my bed. I use the long side for the
headboard which gives me a kings size, I can only lay on my back or
right side. I have a abdominal (2nd) bypass that goes down my left
side, so I cant lay on that side. When I lay on my right side my left
stump being not really that much, but enuff longer puts extra weight
on my hip which makes my stump at an angle..I usually use a pillow
between them to even out the weight and straighten my stump out
to ease the hips. My hips will ache, even on my back. If i lay at the
wrong slouch, or angle, my hips get pressure on them, so I pull a
pillow up under my stumps to kind of prop them up like how you
would if you had your knees up which you know is comfortable
when you lay on your back sometimes...

After my triple heart bypass in 2000 I could only lay on my back.
for 10 weeks. My ribs, chest was opened so they had to be like
clamped back together till they reattached. When I saw the x-rays
of my heart catherization in mar of 03, i freaked as I had not
seen any of my chest after the heart bypass . There are about 6
of these long key like rods with the rectangle at the end ..like you
would open a sardine can in there.!!! I said "ummm HEY !! whats
this???" thats what they used to keep them together ..I was so
amazed..I had no idea thats what they did ~!~ was interesting...

So anyway, when I want to turn to my right side, y'all just turn.
I cant if i dont have any thing to grab onto..Well a little furry
cat aint gonna do it y'know? and Im in the middle of a king size
bed..So, I have to do a sit up..Try to sit up..no feet on the floor,
and its like military situps with your feet up..I use my tray
table, now - Im sleepy here, i grab the end, of course my hand
slips, i fall back..ok 1 more time, I sit up, scoot sideways, and
then lay back down, then move pillow between my legs, cover
back up..OK, NOW I can go back to sleep..LOL.. This aint easy
I'm telling you..

I was on so many pain killers in the Health care that I slept
sometimes sitting up, I got used to having lots of pillows , I
have 7 on my bed now, 2 are body ones... I had trouble
breathing sometimes, and would sit up. (sak then) and pile
my pillows in front of me , lean forward and sleep. I guess
sleeping on my stomach sort of.. I cant sleep that way either
Laying on my chest isnt comfortable..HA! NOW i know WHY,
well just thought of that ! Those key lookin thingies in there.
Hmm , took me long enuff to figure THAT out..DUH..lol...

Some nites are smooth sleep..just on my back. Some nites
are up, turn, down, up turn down, just the ups and downs
are enuff lol..I dont sleep for long periods of time, depending
how long I have been up for. I think I sometimes get
insomnia,, I KNOW its NOT my computer :-) Also Dutch
will give me his little furry tappy face hits sometimes at
4 am.. He loves me.. :-) I better not tell TOO much more or
no one will EVER wanna sleep with me ! ! :-)

Ok so NOW you know how a dak sleeps lolol. Lord, I just
tell everything,, and I wear a niteshirt, kinda long,, i might
as well tell it all..and yes, SILK..easier to move in ! So I guess
since Im all ready for bed here, so to speak, I was taking a
nap y'know and I woke up special to come and tell you how
i'm sleeping so..HEY ! I'm going back to bed, pretty good tv
on sunday, tomorrow is Prison Break I like that show..
that guy on there has the greatest eyes lol. . :-)
Tuesday..120 channels? MMM i CANNOT WAIT ! ! !
I'll be back...fair warning lol...
Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya... :-)
Always, Lois***

7 Comments:

  • At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I never knew about your heart before. Anyways enjoy your TV time :)

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thank You.:-) Always nice to read such nice comments, I'm glad you like what you read, I post every nite about 7pm.
    See you tonite.!.

    hi Harry, yes the ticker's been fixed.
    she's runnin' good...Always enjoy my tv time..1 more day to go and 120
    channels and CABLE INTERNET, will be
    mine..Im excited here ;-)
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i am glad to read about ur post of how u sleep at night. i would have like to see ur stumps dear friend. the sight of them the other day makes me delighted

    bye...bye...bye

    from Yashvin

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Yashvin, all the contest guessers got the same picture, Im glad you enjoyed
    it. Maybe the next contest everyone
    will enter knowing the prize was a great Photo lol.
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HELLO LOIS,

    I DID NOT SAY THAT U HAVE SENT DIFFERENT PICTURES TO DIFFERENT GUESSER OF THE CONTEST.

    I HOPE THAT U WILL SOON POST SOME NEW AND NICE PICTURE OF U.

    THE WAITING FOR THE NEXT CONTEXT SEEMS TO BE TOO LONG.

    EVERY TIME I SEE U ONLINE ON YAHOO MESSENGER, I SEND U SOME MESSAGES BUT U NEVER REPLY TO ME.

    I HOPE THAT IN THE FUTURE U WILL FIND SOME FREE TIME FOR ME TO TALK.

    BYE...BYE...BYE...BYE

    YASHVIN

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Yashvin, I am not on Yahoo all the time I do stay busy. I try to spend time with all my friends I have there
    as much as I can.

    Patience, as far as photos and contests. please..thank you :-)
    ALways, Lois***

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Crystal, I'm glad you do, nice
    comments are always good to see.
    thank you and ill perhaps see you there soon.. :-)
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker