ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, November 11, 2005

~Friends Make A Difference ! ~

Thanks for all the guesses on how tall I am..Tomorrow I will post the
right height..lol..Jane measured me today... I'll give you until then in
case anyone else wants to guess...I just want to say how much I really
appreciate all the kind and sweet things that I've been getting.. Means
alot to me, to know that you enjoy reading about my life and sharing
it with me. Makes me KNOW I am not alone in this. What would I
do without you.?. Not NEARLY as well as I am..trust me, if anyone
can say they don't need friends? Welllllllllllll NOT TRUE !!!

Before My amputations, while I was married, I had lots of friends, well
WE did. Once my ex and I went our separate ways, our friends seemed
to divide as well, he kept his and I kept mine. As the time went by and
I spent more and more time in hospital, then rehab and finally the hell
home as I call it. 3 yrs. I had 1 left, that I had known for 15 years. He has
stuck by me through it all..he's like my son to me...To this day I can
call Donnie and he's here, no if's and's or butts *, HE is what I call a
Dear Friend...

When I finally escaped and got my own apartment, as the time slowly
went by, thru that first year here, fighting that raging infection, the
only people I saw were my nurse of course 3 times a week, my doctor
once a month, and my dear sister every saturday as she had been
doing for over a year and Donnie at least once a month but phone
calls every few days... I was by myself really, well LittleBoy was here,
and HE was my buddy, still is...He stuck to me then, & hasnt changed.
What happened to all my other friends that promised to still come and
see me and their "don't worry, Lois, I'll be over to see you"?...I've not
seen them...

Sometimes, I try to figure out what happened? Why are they not in
touch, even though I've invited them, phoned..all of it to try to stay
in touch..? I think perhaps, it was because I was like I was, a amputee,
and suddenly I wasn't the get up and run, lets go person anymore..Now
to take me shopping with them ment lugging a wheelchair, loading it,
unloading, making sure I could get in and out and all that..I think I had
become ALOT to contend with to just go out with for a few hours. I
dont think they INTENTIONALLY stayed away, but would hesitate
to invite or include me in things,when those times came that I was able
to venture from here, and eventually during those 3 yrs they are gone.

Once I got my computer and away from staring out the window, joined
Yahoo and found that word DEVOTEE/ADMIRER, I had friends that were
actually LOOKING for me that I hadnt even MET yet. Some were jerks,
real buttheads, BUTT*, the MAJORITY care. They WANT to KNOW how I
am doing..are there daily to say "how are you today?" IF it wasn't for
this, do you think I would KNOW that I am really still me even tho they
saw and even LIKED the fact I was an amputee? No, I honestly dont think
so. Sure, the attraction may be my physical appearance, but they DO
care, I can tell by the sweet words I read daily, or that I hear on the phone,
and if it WASN'T for them, lol well would I still really KNOW I DO HAVE
friends again..all I have to do is turn on this computer, and log on, and my
friends are there to encourage, lift me up, and are willing to go thru this
with me to offer advice and Tender Loving Care. .Ya GOTTA have FRIENDS.
Mine now, just live inside this computer, I am never alone, with out you..
I could NOT do this, my only friends, are not ALL Devotee/Admirers..trust
me, I have MANY MANY friends, amputees as well as friends that are fine,
one DEAR one, is seriously Ill I only just found out in the middle of writing
this... I hope she knows..I'm there with her in these days she has ahead....
But the name of ALL of you .. is FRIEND.. and hey.. THANKS, I LOVE YA..

I'm off to log onto MSN, I'm pretty sure she's still there, I sent a mail..but
I gotta run... She needs ALOT of TLC right now, and as much of it that I
get..well .. I'm gonna share it with her .. Keep her in your thoughts, say
a little prayer, those help too...WHAT would I do without you? I would
surely cry......

Y'all have a good one Y'hear? I DO luv ya...all of you... THANKS. :-)
Always, Lois***

4 Comments:

  • At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My guess is 4 foot 3 inches :)

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Friends:
    I have one friend where his dad and my dad were friends since the 1930s. he now lives in Calif and we keep in touch by e-mail and phone. He owns property in the calif. desert and would like to develop it. Water/sewage/electricity are all problems.

    momar

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good guess Harry, tonite I will let you know...

    Yes developing property for all those out in the desert I bet would be hard to get. Kinda be out of the way, but
    they did manage to build Lost Wages.
    (las vegas), so anything is possible..
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well now, let me take only one single guess as the instruction last time was one per bloke!
    my answer is 0,91 metres!
    Colin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker