ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Two Worlds?

I live in 2 worlds..the world where my sister lives.. and the world where
challenged people live. In this challenged world are people, men and
women that have been labeled Devotee/Admirerer, i'll tell you what I
think about this . YOU asked..lol..ready?

I have NO problem with this "Other World"..In either there are good &
bad. The label put on the ones called devotee/admirer I dont think they
should have. They are just people, they happen to be attracted to women
and men with disabilities..they accept us more readily than those that live
in my other world. IF they ONLY see the stumps or whatever the disablility
is that attracts them then THAT is wrong, sadly there are those that only
do see that, but whatever the attraction isnt it good someone accepts YOU?

In the Other world the men or women that are attracted to a woman because
shes a blonde..or has great legs or other attributes that appeal to someone
do they have labels? blonders.. leggers.? or whatever? Not that I know of..
Why do the devotee/admirers have to be labeled.? IF the dev is a good
person and many many are..why do they have to be labeled other than
friend , lover, companion or whatever that person is?

You can be attracted to a challenged person, does THAT make that
person odd or different? no..makes them human I think..if we were all
attracted to the same things well that wouldnt be good now would it?
There are those in both worlds that take advantage or use..or play with
a persons feelings just because thats the KIND of person THEY are...
as a person no matter what world they live in or label put on them..
Ive had run ins with bad people in both worlds. When I got hurt or
felt abused by a man before I lost my legs the only label i gave them
was....ok..ready? ASS...lol..and Ive run into the same thing in this
world...and I give them the same name..not a devotee ass ..lol..
There are some challenged people that hear the word devotee/admirer
and will absolutely refuse to talk to them.. all because they have a
label..i disagree..Id rather we all just be people..because thats what
we are.

I will admit.. that being a amputee does draw attention and I for one
am glad..I am..if it wasnt for some of them I wouldnt have the close
dear friends ive had since that first day I typed that word into my
profile..AMPUTEE. They have helped me thru some bad days,
they have offered support, love. and friendship..I know in the other
world I have the same but not like I do from this world..I dont think
I would get the same attention in the other world as I do this one..
I live in both.I have dear friends in both however and Im glad...

I first got my computer of course the first word i typed into IE was
amputee..when I looked it was more about the physical problems
medical issues. I downloaded Yahoo and got a message from a
sweet man in India..he said "Lois, have you ever heard of a
devotee?" I said "HUH?" he directed me to a few places to go
and see for my self since I almost came right out and called
him a liar. And truthfully? I really am glad he did tell me... I was in
awe..amazed, some that REALLY saw me still as ME? wow
his could be a good thing, but they were people..to me...

Ive had my bad experiences, what I call hit & run. talk, just
to get photos or vids..etc then just vanish no words.no goodby
just gone..THAT hurts and makes me feel like a bit used..There
are some that take our photos and put them where ever they
want..no respect for us as a person..if it was their sis or mom
or their child would THEY like that? When I find out my photos
have been disrespected by those I GIVE them too hurts my
heart..and No ONE deserves that kind of hurt..THOSE are
the bad ones..but they are in BOTH worlds too...

I had kind of avoided this issue as I dont want anyone to think
what i write here is only directed at devotee/admirers..its NOT
this blog of mine is for anyone that has a challenge..that is having
a rough go..no matter what the challenge is. Ive been contacted
by so many challenged people as well as devotee/admirers and
i like to tell just how I feel..I know there are some will disagree.
but hey .this is MY blog and I say how I feel :-)

I was told that the challenged people in Russia are referred to
as invalid..INVALID? that word to me means of no use...what
a horrible word to use to describe someone..The word DISABLED
here I DONT agree with.. I'm VERY able..im just SHORT!!! we
are all able..we are CHALLENGED because we have to fight daily
to get thru these days facing the pain..the abuse, treatment that
we have to endure..could someone that is DIS abled do that? NO
every one has their daily challenge..the way things are now...
just to get up in the morning and face each day no matter who
you are is a challenge some just have it harder than others and
require more care... who knows who's turn it will be to cross over
into THIS world? And isnt it nice to know there are those that will
accept us in either of these 2 worlds?

This world is not that bad.what it amounts to where ever you live
is HOW you handle it..THATS what matters..not the labels that
some feel is necessary to show who or what they are...we all are
the same..we breathe, eat, sleep..and LIVE and we all face our
daily lives in a different way..and thank God there ARE those in
both worlds that DO lend that helping hand or that loving care
that we ALL need no matter what the LABEL that has been
given to them..

We all live here on this ball..cant it just be as HUMANS ? works
for me..how about you? lol..

Look at the time..im early tonite for a reason..Im taking it easy
today,, did some mail..fixed a nice dinner of meat pie..and me
and my boys are gonna go crawl up on my bed..and just finish
checking out the rest of those channels ..well soon as I figure
out how to work that remote lol..in fact they are already over
there waitin..cold rainy day here and they will curl up next to
me and the 3 of us..are gonna get ready for starting another
week..

We are ALL just people ..you , me.. lets just all just get along?
treat everyone the way YOU want to be treated..thats what
I do..treat me bad? well ill treat U bad..love me? and I'll love
you back. its just as simple as that..to me anyway..

This is my 2 cents... hope you are having a great Sunday,
remember..Jesus loves you ..so do I.. :-)

Y'all have a good one now..y'hear? luv ya..thanks :-)
Always, Lois ***

8 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those remotes can be hard at times LOL

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest sweet Lois!
    I am hoplessly DEVOTED to you, and that make me a devotee.....
    Yes you ARE short, but i hope your friendship will be LOOOOOOOOONG.
    You had a good blog yesterday, wich i didnt comment. Should have though, cause u were really sweet in that new pic, and u gave us a good description of your feelings (outer feelings).
    The world and the net would be a sad place without you and your sweetself.
    Kisses all over from
    mebbe dunno?
    Yes u know.....

    your own Rob
    ***+*

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hey I know what u mean..im blind in one eye Harry and cant see out of the other!!! hellofa note lol..
    Dutch sat on it and figured out how to get to the favorites for me LOL :-)
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Rob, i dunno mebbe lol..i do know I love your sweet words...your too kind .but i LOVE them!!! I'm so pleased you come here and spend this time with me.
    Chat soon :-)
    thanks sweetie..
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smart Cat :D

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Sometimes he is too smart Harry, I wish he would learn how to reset his clock to the time change ! gettin me up at 330 for breakfast, I'm not quite
    ready to eat then !~! kids..
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Russian is a difficult language to cope with - I'm still trying to learn their Alphabet. lol
    Invalid, in their language, obviously has conotations that are better than we have here. They don't like "disabled" any more than we do. Hope that sheda a little light!
    Love your words of wisdom - you are very wise - thank you.
    Love
    Raife

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, one word can have many meanings depending on the language.I am sure. I dont think, either word is
    good to use in any language, as we are
    neither, we are all human,thats the
    only label any of us should have.What counts is KIND of human we are-
    Hope your having a good day. thanks for reading, hope all is well over there :-) write soon!
    Always, Lois ***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker