ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, November 07, 2005

I CAN Do This- - *New Contest*

I watched the Extreme makeover show about new homes for people
last nite, showing those young sweet kids, so many with ailments that
made me say.."and I complain?" I saw that young man without arms and
legs how he has adjusted his way of living to the easiest way he can live it,
and he is such a inspiration. No matter who we are or our physical condition
we all have to face such difficulties, no matter what our bodies look like -
every day when our eyes open and our day starts, I would venture to guess
we ALL say..."another day...I can do this.." and whether we start it by only
opening our eyes..or walking, or rolling..we all move forward-time still
moves, just like us...ALL of us....we can do this, just we do it differently is all..

I told Jane today, I am going to have another contest ! ! I have been asked
a dozen times if not once... "How tall are you NOW?" So what I am going to
do is have Jane, when she comes on friday, is measure me ! It will have to
be laying down as I dont put weight on the ends of my stumps. I've tried
but I dont like the feeling and I dont have that kind of arm strength to
hold my self up by my arms for any length of time, I can for a few seconds
but thats all. Friday she will measure me, she just phoned and I asked her
if she would, she said sure. I used to be 5 foot 4 inches tall...standing. . My
answer to that question has been well.."just minus 2 feet.!.!.." lol....
which thats TRUE! :-D friday I will know exactly HOW tall.... On
Saturday..if you guess, I will say who guessed it or came closest, and of
course the prize is photos like the last time. Saturday nite I'll say-So-
you can start to guess if you like..Thru here tho..so everyone will see
what the guesses are.I have no idea. I used to have long legs..you saw
the photo a few days ago...so..if you want to guess. come on, I dont
know my self LOL.. so we will ALL know at the same time...

I wanted to say Thanks for all the lovely comments on my photo, just
so nice to read, y'all are just too kind... I have decided to post a new
photo about every 3 weeks or so..no definite schedule for it.. When I
get my hands on my cam I have no self control, and I take pictures.
and I will take some new ones for the winner for saturday..My boys
see the light come on my cam and run!!! :-) Ive been having some serious
problems with it lately and its giving me fits..I saw there is a new one
thats cordless and they have a zoom feature that is really great ! I
dont have a digital to take photos with would be nice but a cam works
good too, I might consider a small video clip for another contest :-) I bet
THAT gets some to wanting to guess now hey? hmmm thats possible
I just might.. Perhaps even a live visit by me via my cam on yahoo..
would be a good prize for another contest? Hmm this could be great fun !!!!
Got any ideas for more contests let me know? By the time I think of the
next contest perhaps I'll have a new cam and a clip will be the prize.. :-)
I have a list and a new monitor, then printer, THEN cam have to be the
order on the list...No monitor and well geez I would miss terribly not
coming here with my daily 2 cents!!! But..again..I CAN do this :-)

We got some cleaning done today, I folded and Jane put things back
up on the shelf in the closet, I used my grabber to get a lap afghan off
the shelf..YES..I did it this time..not Dutch..well the one I HAD to
have was on the bottom..well? it was the one matched my skirt !..I
HAVE to match~!~so I thought well if I use the broom handle to
lift up the ones on top..and the grabber to get the one I want? well
hmm that should work...ya ok..sure,,it worked..to get them ALLLL
on the floor..made a nice empty spot for Dutch!!! I did quite a few
bend in half's picking them up off the floor and refolding let me tell
you, was NOT that easy, believe Me !! but I guess it was good exercise...
They are all back up on the shelf AGAIN, I know, I KNOW....y'all
are saying "she's so picky" welllll hey, I like me..and I like
to look nice even if I AM the only one lookin at me y'know? lol
thats just how I am.. :-) Picky picky..lol..

Almost 9, I am headed to email to send a few letters..and then a
good movie is on later on HBO..I have 6 as in -SIX- HBO's !!!! I'm
living good here..First time my phone rang while Im here on my
computer scared the patootie otta me ! I jumped checked out my
task bar ready to cuss out Earthlink lol...I still get a start when it
rings and Im online lol..but this cable? wow..talk about livin large?
Hey I can do this too !!! :- D. . . Yeahhhh buddy !!!!

Well Miss Picky is signin' off, the boys are fighting tonite, Dutch
is tryin' to be boss and LB is just not having any of it, when Dboy
starts..LB just gives him a good bite and Dutch quits for awhile,
he is smart..he knows LB is the Head Cat here well so he thinks..
hehe I AM the head Cat here ...*MEOWWW* lol..nite :-)

Y'all come back now y'hear? luv ya..and thanks for the sweeeeet
words, just makes me feel GOOD all over..
so start guessin If'n ya wanna..let the contest BEGIN!!!! :-D
Always, Lois***

10 Comments:

  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so excited about a new contest :D You really are so cool!

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    matrix_game_kid said...
    :D You really are so cool!

    Yes she is cool but you are all too hot!
    Give this nice lady some air, dont comment everything and so often. Collect until you really have something to say. There could be more comments from others if you did.
    But i understand your feelings. This lady IS charming indeed, but as i mentioned before, she might have other things to do than to give answers to every little thing you say.
    DAKADMIEV
    Russia

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thanks Harry !

    DAKADMIEV..,I have alot of time, thats why I'm doing this my friend.
    there's a limit on how many can be here? I hope everyone comments thats the fun, I'll find out tho if theres a limit, thats a good point.I'm new at this so bare with me :-)
    Y'all post.I know when you do, and I 'll be right here to answer unless i'm asleep. I can do this too
    Thanks for the compliments :-)
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Lois sweetie!
    I shall participate in your contest and have thought about it for awhile. Firstly i wish i could measure you myself, but that wouldnt be much of a competition...Would it?
    So i have to guess instead. Well first i thought you must be between 3.9 and 3.10 inches....BUT you said you had been longlegged so i have to adjust my guess to 3.5 inches.
    Your length does not count tho... Its your BIG HEART... But thats unmeasureable.
    KAO 4 U
    Rob

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Rob,you just say the nicest things, what a treat to read so early in the morning..Good guess..saturday, we will
    all know...
    Always,Lois***

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    anonymous said...

    Give this nice lady some air, dont comment everything and so often.

    I comment on her so Lois knows that it is being read!

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I grew up in Kansas and Missouri where we had lots of tornados. One even passed over the KC stadium while the NY Yankees were playing the KC team baseball with over 30,000 people in the grandstands. Note that I said skipped over. (Luck - people) I always have the radio on at night in case there is a tornado in the middle of the night. (I wonder if I would wake up.)

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    I LOVE to read comments..

    TRust me Momar you would know.lol...

    Thanks Harry :-)..you 2 momar.. Anyone can comment .. I like to know what you would like to read about.. what questions you have.. Ill give you a honest reply..trust me..lol
    Always Lois ***

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi lois ;-)

    i would say 3 feet 7 inches now....

    hugs
    chris

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    good guess Chris..Saturday we will know. :-)
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker