ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

~Isn't THIS Just DAKKY~!~ :-)

I keep forgetting that I have a cat that has a bag fetish. I get a box
of free food delivered once a month and there is ALWAYS a bag of
powdered milk. It comes in one of those kinda noisey bags, and of
course is right on top the box. By Now I should know, as many times
that I have had to clean up the mess made by Dutch, like my kitchen
floor totally covered with marshmallows, or elbow macaroni that he
managed to take out of the cupboard, not to mention the fun time
with the 5 pound bag of sugar. I think I must forget what I have to
go thru to clean up his little escapades.

Today was another clean up day. I was of course on the computer
and listening to some Christmas songs that I want to put into my
emails and I do have a tendency to have the sound on a bit loud.
(Thats why my computer is in my bedroom as I guess everyone
in the building could HEAR it according to my neighbor next
door). I heard the door knock and open and the man say "FOOD
BOX" and I leaned back and said hello and asked them to put
the box there on a chair I have sitting next to the door. He did
and left and I went back to listening to music. I heard the lunch
boy deliver my lunch about 3 hrs later, and rolled out there to
see what the "Guess what it is" lunch was today and just sat there
when I rolled into the dining room and was just in AWE! I could
NOT believe what I saw, and my thoughts were, "well isnt this
just DAKKY" and laffed, thinking "well Miss DAK, NOW go clean
AGAIN, and get some more good floor exercises" Powdered milk
was ...yes... all over the dining room floor. My boy had a field day.
I looked at him and he was covered, his feet were covered, and
this was really going to be fun to clean this ! I HAD to do it, Jane
wont be here till friday. ARRGGHHHH..KILL THE CAT ~!~ lolol

I didnt know where to start. Dutch had licked his feet to get the
milk off, yes.. made them WET, he walked thru, milk stuck, and
he must have left sticky wet little kittie foot prints EVERYWHERE
even in the kitchen.. I just couldnt believe he could have done this
in just a few hours? There were milky, sticky, kittie prints all
over the floors.. So now came the fun of which did I clean up first? Him
or the mess? Well he ran, cuz he KNEW he was in big DODO...so I
had to start on the floor, I hauled out the beast, and thought, "well
i'll start with the vacuuming but what if it clog it up, maybe I should
get most of it up by sweeping with a broom and the dust pan, so I
went and got that and proceeded to sweep, and roll, sweep and roll,
which took for ever. In between this I had to stop and try to reach
the floor because remember the wet footprints in the milk? well...
they were STUCK to the carpet, so they had to be scraped off. I think
I bent and sat up so many times that I could easily compete with
the best sit up person in Uncle Sam's Army let me tell you...I bet
I would win! lol.

This clean up detail took me a good 3 hours seemed like, and I keep
saying I dont get any exercise? Hmmm I dont think that is really
true! If this wasnt exercise then WHAT was it? Every time I have to
lean forward, I have to hold on to the back of my chair, usually with
my left hand as I'm right handed and then try to reach the floor, I
just barely reach it. If I am brave enough NOT to hold on when I
reach down like that I can almost put the palm of my hand flat on
the floor, so you can see that I am totally bent right in half. I did
this I have no doubt 100 times today, well maybe not but it sure
felt like it.. not counting all the times I had to lock and unlock my
chair and move it.... And all because of a cat. lol.. maybe he was
making sure Mom got some exercise after laying in bed for a week?

So needless to say, Today was just a really Dakky Day lol...Just call
me the Dakerciser lol. I have learned another valuable lesson. PUT
THE POWDERED MILK AWAY !!!! Every day is such a learning
experience, and who would have thought a CAT would be the teacher?
lol.

My writings the past few days have been kinda sad and I thought
you might get a smile out of reading what kind of things I inflict on
myself here, and it give you a smile.. if you could have seen my
dining room you would have laffed too and saw what a little cat could
do... it WAS Funny.. I wish I could have taken a picture. I was a bit
grumbly about it and by the time I was finally done, I was pooped
and took a nap. But I did laugh really hard when I saw his feet and
the more he licked them, would walk the worse they got lol...was
too funny, was even stuck to his butt as he had to sit to lick his feet!
The look on his face was "MOMMMM, HELLPPP !!! lol.
It was really hard work, super hard, but then whats really easy?
LIfe is hard , period, no matter who you are... I guess even though
you have legs you still gotta roll with the flow, do what you have to
do...I do that easier since Im already on wheels.. hmm, whos got it
harder? :-D

Well, its time to see what kind of goodies are on QVC & HSN, I
might have missed something really good Ive been listening to
the weather channel tell us about the storm coming at us. I'd
rather look at rings n things... so..at least now you know I DID
get some exercise today...lol..

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya.. and thanks for all
the nice things you write and tell me, and the comments you
leave here for me, I really appreciate it. I am so glad you want
to read all my joys and pains as my friend said.... its greatly
appreciated, it lifts me back up when those bends up and down
get a little rough on me... :-)
ALways, Lois***

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May God Bless you today,
    I'm so honored to call you my sweets.
    I pray the Lord to keep you happy and gay,
    even though you miss your feets,
    cause thats one reason i love you in such precious way...

    See Lois, i made violence on your poem, but i hope you see what i mean.
    KAO from your Rob
    ***+*

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    LOL Rob... you are so cute !!! thats wonderful. thank you, yes,sweetie i do ..., you made me smile... :-D
    Luv ya !
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Lois!
    I bet you've got aches on the aches after all that exercise!!
    If its any consolation, my little dog got me out of bed at five this morning to go outside and woke me again at six to tell me she was hungry.
    It's great having pets, isn't it?
    Love and hugs,
    Raife

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Don't ya just love them? My boys have NO idea they are cats..And Dutch? he hasnt got a CLUE!!! lol..
    Kids.. :-)
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker