ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, November 28, 2005

~Clothes Altering~

When I started to alter my pant legs I remember sitting there,
looking at my favorite jeans, and actually getting mad because I
had to alter them... I grabbed them out of the closet, held them
up and then laid them on the bed and proceeded to cut the one
leg off. I cut away turned them inside out and sewed the end
shut so they would look nice, I made sure the end looked neat.

I laid them back down on the bed, and put them on, and they
would NOT pull up...I took them off looked at them and Yup,, I
did the same thing.. I still had NOT learned to mess with stuff
when I was in a bad mood, I had neatly cut off and sewn the
WRONG pant leg. lol.. I was NOT good at this I was finding..
First the wrong shoe.. now the wrong pant leg.. I got even
madder.. I laid them back down, folded them in half and
opened the sewn end of course, cut the other leg off to the same
length and made them into shorts. lol. Needless to say, I did
the others VERY carefully and made sure I did the right leg..
not the left!

I found during the time from being a sak to a dak, I altered all
my pants, once I lost my left leg, to cut the other off I found
made me so sad, and I was having such a hard time just to get
them on I decided no more pants. Plus the fact from the time
in November when I lost my left leg, until almost a year later
I very seldom really got dressed I wore mainly loungers and
more comfy things because of the raging infection in my left
amputation...I was so miserable that the least I had to do I
found didnt aggrevate the stump and then maybe the pain
wouldnt be so awful that day....

I think having to contend with such a horrible infection and
the depression still rampant I didnt notice I was getting used
to doing things, but I found I was finding the fastest and easiest
ways to do things just to get them done so I could just sit and
maybe the pain would lessen... When it was time for the nurse
to come, which was 3 times a week, I was already in such a
state I didnt care if I was dressed or not. It took almost a year
to heal, and then I was the one that got it to finally clear up.
And I did by just using soap and water and keeping it clean.
All the high tech things they used all the different types of
wound healing meds did NOT work, not for me... good old
soap and water did the trick and finally the day came and the
end of my stump was finally healed. The day I felt no pain
in it.. I think I still cried..... I was so happy. . .

We are under the gun here again for a massive snow storm
headed at us predicting possibly a foot of snow.. Jane was
here today and I sent her to the store just in case she
couldnt get here friday... Winter is such fun.. I feel so bad
for those that have to drive in the snow when all I have to
do is sit and watch it out the window, some people just have
ALL the fun lol....

Time for one of my favorite tv shows.. Prison Break and I
am off to watch it.. good show, I get so tired of all the blood
and murder ones... this is totally different and interesting
The boys are already watching it and just waiting for me
to join them.. They have been fighting like cats and dogs lately
I dont know why they are not getting along..and sticking to me
like glue...lol..I guess Im the moderator.. they still dont know
I AM the head Kittie here lol...

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya.. Thanks for all the
nice mails and messages...
Always, Lois***

4 Comments:

  • At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well dearest Lois!
    In your case i gladly make an exception.... Most women need panties, trousers and such...You dont!!!
    YOU ARE SO GORGEOUS YOU DONT NEED ANY CLOTHES AT ALL...
    Hmmm, if you feel cold u can have, but NOT for lookin good... You know, most people cant eat sardines with the can on, can they? And you are definetely better without the can. ; )
    Honey, you and your life, are such nice things to read about.
    Take good care until next time, and the usual KAO from
    your own Rob
    ***+*

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Dear Rob, You just say the nicest things...Im so glad you are reading,
    and like what I write about. I really
    appreciate you taking the time to leave a note to tell me, means alot.
    Thanks sweetie..KAO for you too :-)
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    when are we going to see you nude?

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to disappoint you but I dont do nude...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker