ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Just Call Me MessyMargaret

Talk about a mess. Shheeesh... I was in the kitchen, and dropped one of
those little pint containers of milk.. Well I rolled over the very tip of it
and yup...hit it just right, the milk inside shot out of it faster than if it had
been shot out with a gun. Milk was everywhere! tires, floor, cats, what a
mess. To reach anything to wipe it up..well, I had to roll thru it, which
ment tracking it even more.

I finally reached the milk container which, the milk is pouring out and get
it into the sink, then I had to work to clean the floor so I could at least get
a space to roll close enuff to get to the floor. I cant reach the floor from the
side of my chair, only from leaning forward, then I have to lock down, hold
on with one hand and hope I can reach what I need to do.

I wipe a little, unlock..move, lock..bend back,, wipe, and continue this until
all the milk is up, thats NOT the end.. If I dont rewipe with something wet
and clean.. its gonna get sticky and yukky... So that ment I had to do it
twice. Now you are pictureing this yes?. lol...There were so many move
ments involved in this procedure of bending, stretching, wiping, of just
the Floor.. this didnt involve wipeing off the wheels of my chair... By the
time this little mess that I stupidly inflicted on myself took close to 45
minutes or so .. I didnt time myself.. I know by the time I was done I
was saying "I sure need to be THIS stupid again, look before I roll!"

I could have gotten the mop out of the bathroom which would have ment
even really harder as I cant get that up under the faucet in the kitchen..
The faucet in there I have asked, hmmm lets see , I think the past 3
months I have repeatedly told the apt mgr to please fix it is so stiff that
I am afraid one of these times I will go to move the faucet that its going
to break off...now can you see THAT mess? Would take me 3 days to
clean that up lol. Next time I will NOT move until what ever it is I drop
I know where it is, IF I can see it tho, and if its in the right spot I have
NO choice to roll and look for it.

There are times I say "I hate this chair" and I dont really hate the chair,
I hate being IN it.. I ve heard others say the same thing.. and I know
we dont hate the chair itself.. we, well I am, glad I have it.. if I didnt ,
well where would I be? stuck with no getting around at all, and THAT
would not be a good thing. Every day is a learning experience.

My sis came today loaded with goodies for me.. some candy of course,
which she knows how I love Mints and she ALWAYS manages to find
some kind that were on sale and she just HAD to pick up for me. AND
I just have NO choice but to eat.. lol.. She has been shopping for her
family for Christmas. She stays so busy, yet still finds time for me...
shes a good sister. I got a phone call from my brother, this was a great
Thanksgiving, so many happy turkey day wishes, ment alot to me...

Well I have learned another valuable lesson in the joys of chair life
Im really NOT that messy, honestly. lol . Cable has been acting
up today quite a bit, and I dont think its too good for my puter to keep
getting shut off like that. I guess its because its so cold here, at least
its stopped snowing.

Time for some food... Im still eating light and if I can get rid of this tired
I know would make me feel alot better..
Again, thanks for all the get well wishes and happy turkey day ones
Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya.. thanks... :-)
Always, Lois ***

5 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    I just hope you got all that milk up!! If there is any left about the place, it will Smell!! If you can summom up the energy, it might be a good idea to wipe the floor with a solution of bleach - but don't spill any on your pretty dress!!
    Love and hugs,
    Raife.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, I did just that as that was my thought as well, since Jane wont be here till tuesday. Only one had fun with that was of course Dutch, he thought that was great a whole puddle of milk to run thru and splash in lol
    I was very careful, AFTER the fact lol
    Sometimes we just have to learn the hard way :-)
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Shorty, I am a dakamputee 65re old widow. I've lost both my legs within the last couple years, & I am devasted. Ur letters sound like my life, the stump pain, the horrible fathom pain, the 17 operations the last 7 yrs to try to save my legs. The 2 open heart surgeries, the bone disease. Will I ever like myself again? Will I ever get over peoples stares like I"m a carnival freak?I look at the world from my windows, & hate everything that got taken away from me. Will the suffering ever stop? I am lomely {no support} no friends anymore. I was hospitalized for 2 yrs & everyone forgot me. I am about to freak out from not going out that much. nothing is acessable especiable the mom & pop places. I got stuck in the bathroom & it took 5 people to get me out. next time I"m going to take a measuring tape with me. u can't believe the signs. I'm in a motor chair now. It makes it easier for me to get around,although I have damanaged all my woodwork. If u have time please answer me. A good friend told me about u & that maybe u could help me like myself & the world again. Thanks Marlene

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Dear Marlene,
    This is such a hard thing to do. I dont know if it really gets easier as we get older, if it was reversed and we got younger perhaps it would.

    For me I found I had to start myself and work on liking me again. I get up every morning find the prettiest outfit I can find, do my hair, and sit in front of my computer and join the world I have there. All my friends live in this machine.

    The support, love and caring I have gotten here has made a big difference in how I feel about myself and being told daily that I am beautiful and desired, I dont think any woman tires of hearing that.

    I dont go out at all..and I really dont miss it. The ordeal of going is just to hard and then you cannot be sure that you can maneuver where you would be going.

    Please feel free to email me at any time. I am always here, and this is not that bad a place to be. We just have to be strong my friend.we can do this...trust me, 2 can do it easier than one. I'm here.. :-)
    ALways, Lois ***

     
  • At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi lois, I was so happy to hear ur comment to me.so many I talk to have only lost one leg, u & I lost both above the knee.It's a horrible world without legs, but I"ve got to get strong & except this kind of life or I"ll drive myself crazy.I'm so tired of being unhappy& the phatom pain never goes away.It makes u miserable if if u aren't.I will close & thanku

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker