ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, December 23, 2005

~Visiting~


Was such a nice day today.. I had a most wonderful surprise
yesterday of some of the most gorgeous roses.. How wonderful
The smell from them just makes my apartment smell so sweet..
I love roses..and 2 dozen? I almost cried..how good to be
thought of ..Just because...I was happy..the boys were just
delighted..Dutch thought the rubber bands were sent just for
him..and the box? well LB thought that was for him..All 3 of us
got a wonderful treat yesterday.

Today..my honeygirl came to see me..Kelli..we had the most
wonderful visit..talking about all sorts of things.. shes so lovely
and so bright and happy..The boys just took to her like crazy
of course Dutch was all over her and LB..well he has a shoe
fetish..lol he does..he rubs all over feet...he drives my sis
nuts in the summer when she wore sandals he was fascinated
by her toes..kept sticking his wet nose between them..lol..
drove her NUTZ ..so of course he was laying all over her feet
Was so good to spend time with her .. She loved her cookies
and banana bread..Im glad..

While she was here Donnie, her dad phoned and he and Dawn
will be coming by sometime tonite..i imagine pretty soon. so
i will give them their goodies tonite...plus i have a cute little tea
bag dispenser for dawn..and a box of chocolates for Donnie
hes a chocoholic lol..They will be going to Wisconsin leaving
in the morning to spend Christmas with Donnies parents and
family. Dawns family celebrated Christmas already as they
were going out of town as well.. Everyone is so busy..the
holidays are so hetic but it just seems only yesterday I said
I was gonna be ready this year..and that was in Oct..lol and
I wait till last minute, and I KNOW I am the ONLY one does
THAT :-)

I think would be so nice to travel..but there are so many things
you have to consider before you even start to make plans..
If the place you are going is accessible..and what kind of
places are close that you can get to..shops etc. Some hotels
say accessible but go in the bathrooms. are they? some you
cant get right up to the toilet..they say accessible and that
sometimes only means to get INTO the rooms..not that every
thing is easily available..if that was so would they put bathtubs
in there? Not everyone can get INTO a bathtub to take a
shower..I cant if there is no bench in there..If I was by myself?
who would help me in and out of it? Well I guess could call
the bellhop..ask to get lifted out of tub LOL..ya right..thats a
little above and beyond his job description id say.


The rooms themselves are possibly ok but the bathroom is
a major issue.. If you venture to go to someones home..and
you dont know it..how do you know what you can get to?
Do they have a ramp? would I have to be carried in? what
about the rooms themselves..are they big enough to handle
the size of a chair? and most times during the holidays there
are more than just 4 or 5 people..and the same question..
is the potty ok to get to..I have a thing about ASKING anyway
do you think I can ask a stranger to help and carry me to the
bathroom? lol..Or even a family member..this is a private
kind of thing..at least to me...


Even to sit in the livingroom..on the back of my chair are
thingies called tippers..so we dont go over backwards and
they have a tendency to get hooked on stuff and you pull it
along with you if it doesnt get knocked over..Ive gotten bags
hooked on them.. ok .Picture this:..I have a grocery plastic bag
stuck on one of my tippers.. I cant turn around and reach all
the way down there..well maybe if I didnt have SHORT arms lol
but I cant reach..I try leaning over..and its not safe to lean over
back of chair..and I cant reach that way anyway..so to try from
the side? nope..not if its on the end where the 2 little roller
thingies of the tippers where that is most likely what the
bag got hooked on in the first place.. So the only way..is to get
OUT ..transfer to couch , bed, floor what ever..and then you have
to reach and get it off..well I am NOT getting on the floor..so that
means couch or chair, and you have to hold on..or you reach too
far and you can fall..but I have the best plastic bag remover there
could be..yup..my cats..I just drag that bag a bit..and they think
play time is on..and sit on the bag..and if its not wound on there
the bag comes off lolol..so we all need cats. unless you dont put
your plastic grocery bags on the floor and roll over them.. I know..
dont say it.. Watch where your rollin Lois..lolol...

Well Donnie & Dawn are here I bid you all good nite.

.
Y'all come back now y'hear? luv ya..and Thanks, Merry Christmas.
Always, Lois***



May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    It is very difficult for us "Normies" to put ourselves in your place. I did my best when my friend visited, and I think she found most of the house accessible. At least I ran a wheelchair around to check and made ramps, four of them , before she arrived. Mind, it was only the fact that she has lost her legs that allowed her to get into the downstairs john. Her chair does not have anti-tip rollers, but I appreciate the problem.
    Love and Hugs,
    Raife.

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, Yes, unless you HAVE to know these things you dont think about them. I didnt, but then I had NO idea this is the path my life was on.

    Tippers can be put on quite easily and are a good safeguard. I have them on all my chairs, they came with them. They are a good thing.

    Your a good a very good friend Raife.
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So good to read you....
    So good to need you....
    With or without your feets....
    You give my heart hard beats....
    If theres a heaven, its you....
    Thats a truth, that is true....
    I wish i had you near....
    But as i fear....
    You aint here....
    My dear....

    KAO ***+*
    Your own ROB

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thank You Rob, how sweet..You just know how to make me smile :-D
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker