ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

~Kinda Sad Day Today :-(~

Today was sort of a sad day..kinda..made me do some serious
thinking anyway.. Penny came over and had a cat in her arms..well
her son did, that was with her.. asked if it was one of mine..well both
of mine were sitting there looking at her..The cat he held looked just
like LB tho .. I mean they could have passed for brothers.. he just
hung there in Mike's hands..nice as could be..looked like a sweet
cat.. Penny said he was right outside my door..I told her was probly
Kathys down the hall, I didnt know anyone else here that had cats..
It turned out, I went down to Kathy's later, cuz i was worried about
that kitty..well was a huge cat, but they are all kitties..lol..and it was
hers..she didnt even KNOW he had gotten OUT!!! I know where my
boys are all the time, and if anyone has been here or my door is open
for any reason I make sure they are both here when its closed again..
Well theyre my responsibility and I'm the Mom here..So you look
after your kids..lol.. you are sposta KNOW where your kids are ALL
the time, human, animal , vegetable or whatever !!! lol...

To the kinda sad part.. A guy that lived here down in the center hall,
named Ron, I would say in his 60's I dont know for sure.. but he was
a diabetic..they found him monday, I guess he got meals on wheels..
and they last delivered..on friday..or was monday a holiday? i think it
was..so tuesday then..the lunch guy found him...he had been dead for
days.. Well he had a cat..and I dont know how..but the cats leg was
broken and Becky sent me a letter wanting to know If I would foster
this cat that belonged to him.. The poor kittie had to have his front left
leg amputated.. I Feel SO SORRY for this poor animal.. Can you
imagine? He lost his dad, his home and HIS leg too? He may only
be a cat...but they still FEEL things.. It has just DROVE me nuts
all day..all I have been thinking about..

Becky asked me If I could foster him..and boy I sure would LOVE
to ...wouldnt we be a pair? me and the cat AMPUTEES?? how
cute...But I just didnt DARE take him.. If Chris, the manager here,
found out they could evict me.. I am only JUST barely allowed to
have 2..only by special dispensation do I have my boys.. I just
couldnt jeopardize them for this poor kittie.. But I feel so bad for
it.. I really do.. I can almost KNOW, if he was human, what he
would be feeling.. This poor little animal., Becky is going to take
him home and put him out on her porch..he will be warm and
well fed..but she cant risk her cats being around him being just
out from the amputation.. so this little guy, since Becky works,
will be home alone , sick..and just so horribly sad and alone...
I could just cry for this kittie...

Well it made me do some SERIOUS thinking about my boys..I
would roll over in my grave and do my best to come back and
haunt someone that abused my boys if something happened
to me.. I would lol.. I asked Becky If I can put her name down
to be notified to come and get them if something did happen to
me. which is just being a responsible parent.. lol..I know some of
you think I am totally NUTZ lol no no .. They are MY responsibility
they deserve the best care they can have just like they do now
with me.. Becky LOVES my boys.. she always comments as to
how friendly they are with people...She would make sure they
would be provided for... THey have a organization here called
ARF..and they take in these animals and they will neuter and
spade? no spay..lol.. for almost nothing.. They even provide
food to people..Becky has brought food here for my boys. Its
a great organization... I wish I had a house so I could do foster
care for these poor kids left behind.. I love animals..and I sure
wish I could do more..What they do for people like me is just
amazing..any kind.. but specially cats & dogs.. I miss not
having a dog..I really do..Ive always had one..I just cant here.

Well all this got me really thinking..once Rae leaves here on
friday , unless someone calls I dont see anyone until Monday
when the lunch guy comes..myself..so It could easily happen
to me or anyone that doesnt have alot of contact with anyone..
I Think more people on here would notice me gone for just
ONE Day than anyone HERE HERE lol.. Isnt that amazing?
But this kinda stuff gives you pause to think you know? IF I
hadnt expected my friend..how long would HE have sat there
before anyone found him? Thats kinda sad I think...but what
do you do when you live alone? My friend had to have died
instantly as he was in the doorway going into his bathroom..
I dont know...but sure made me have a THOUGHT filled day...
Sheesh.. lol.. just what I needed too,, like I dont have ENUFF
stuff I worry about LOL .. *sigh*

Well now that I have totally depressed everyone with SAD
stuff :-) I'm gonna go find some food.. Dutch did NOT approve
of todays daily offering from COA..before I even got out there
I heard him scratch at it , then it hit the floor LOL..so nope..if
he's gonna bury it..you think I AM GONNA EAT It? nooooo..
be NO days like that naaa nope.. So..yup.. I AM HUNGRY ..
ahhh y'all knew I was gonna write that anyways LOL.. ok I am
off to raid my kitchen.. and I only have 3 letters to write so If
I hurry I can get it all done before 8 and can log off early and
watch tv.. lol ya ok..I know ..I should say FALL ASLEEP lol
soon as I snuggled down last nite I was down for the count
and out like a light lol.. I was pooped.. so ok.. nitey nite..

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? LUV YA!!! & Thanks ...
Always, Lois ****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Dear Lois,
    Does no one come round and check over the week-ends to see if you-all are O.K.? Isn't it part of Chris's job to make sure all the residents are going on all right? It amazes me, too, that residents are not supposed to get hungry at the week-end!!! Perhaps this here Limey has had it too good over the years with our welfare state!!
    It does'nt do to dwell on the "What if - - - -" too much, except to take sensible precautions, like you have.
    All the more reason to take care of my favourite Weeble!!! lol ;-)
    Lots of love and hugs,
    Raife

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Raife.No Chris is only allowed to be here 8 hrs a week.. No one really is supposed to check on us..they dont think of that.. Even if its a phone call..But no.. if you have no family or friends..no one checks on you at all...THe COA has the food delivery people talk to you to check but many dont have that..so its up to us...kinda sad hey?

    I just do one day at a time..that works for me.. If my eyes open in the morning..then I'll do that day..lol, the what if's may turn out to be shi* happens lol...sorry :-) devil made me say that LOL... :-)
    Luv ya...
    Always, Lois****

    Ps..yes a phone call a day will do nicely thank you :-)

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there Lois, am trying this again. You should be honored, this is the first blog I have ever posted to. Makes me wonder if I can get disability for being stupid :). Hope you have a good weekend.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Well see? you did good..didn't hurt a bit did it? And YES.. I most certainly am honored.. Lord if you could get disability for that EVERYONE would be eligible at one time or another LOL..:-) have a good week end.. and thanks..
    ALways, Lois****

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello,

    When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here butterflylois.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Research indicates that closely 90% of all United States grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

    About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker