ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

~Revised, I Like That Word~

The first thing I do every day is come here and read all these
sweet things.. You have NO idea what it means to me. You
keep me lifted up and make me feel worthwhile.. For me to
tell my self and all of you that I am GORGEOUS is not near the
same as reading it from all of you. No matter what mood I am
in when these eyes open everyday, I know I am going to find a
smile here, or in my inbox every morning waiting for me. Do you
know how nice that is? It sure makes my days go alot better...
I would hate to think of a day ahead that I would not be able to
read these sweet things that you all take the time to write to me.
Is this great or what? Well Y'all just make MY day I know !!!

Momar left a comment this morning and said about his friend
adjusting to his revised body.. I had NOT thought about that
word at all.. Isnt that odd? But, thats really true.. My body WAS
revised..and depending how I look at it myself, tells whether it
was really "new & improved" like most revised things are...Well,
Its new. yes .and Improved.? .well - depends WHICH way you look
at how it could have been "improved" yet parts of your body be
removed. Think of all the people I would NEVER have met had
I not been made into a amputee....so is that NOT an improvement?
I think so. I truly do NOT believe I would have as many good, dear
friends like I do now, were I NOT an amputee.

I try to tell people, like my sister, or even Rae, Donnie, that I live
in two worlds.. Theirs.. and mine. I have more friends and people
I KNOW here,, in this world, the Amputee world...And I am so
grateful..this world IS here....I've gotten hurt, stepped on and I
guess used, disrespected, but all in all...I dont really think I could
go thru these days with out this world that lives here in my computer.
I know its a real world too. but the main way I have to reach you is
thru this wonderful machine... I think EVERYONE should have one,
well those that are going to use it for GOOD things.. It makes me
so sad when I hear about all these hackers that are just out to hurt
and take the enjoyment that is in these things.. I can go anywhere
in the world and talk and see for free..How great is that???

Plus the fact I dont have to work anymore, I have a caregiver to help
do all the chores here... I have many benefits..I would consider them
an improvement as well...And who knows..my Knight in Shining
Armor may come riding along and sweep me off my chair and just
carry me away, and if he is NOT like my ex..well .. isnt THAT an
improvement ??? LOL...so... I am Revised,, and new,, AND I
would have to say..IMPROVED...To some I'm more GORGEOUSER
now than I was before.. I KNOW - thats NOT a word..but hey, I can
say that- this is my 2 ¢ worth here LOL.... :-)

Well I got up early, and I didnt eat alot lunch was its usual awful stuff
and yup.. CARROTS! ! I am SO sick of looking at those orange
thingies... I wonder if its the color? cuz I dont like oranges either...
hmmm, and the smell of oranges makes me sneeze LOL...I know
Im an ODD weeble too..lol.. * sigh* well time for a food search
I'm starved, thats one thing hasn't changed about me.. I still LOVE
to eat lol...:-) I think its IMPROVED too by the size of me LOLOL..
.
Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Luv ya!!!! & THANKS BUNCHES
Always, Lois ****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...


8 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    carrots are good for one thing and one thing only-rabbit food.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you look better with stumps than legs

     
  • At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes my dearest Lois, im practicing to be your "Knight in Shining
    Armor", and who knows? Some day i might come riding along and sweep you off your chair and just
    carry you away.... Atleast thats what i hope to do, but you know as well as i do, that there are some stones to roll away until that lucky day... But as i sid, who knows?
    Lets hope for the best, and honey i pray that this day will be a good one for you.... That wish wouldnt be so hard to fullfill!
    Kisses all over dear Lois.
    Until we meet again in some form
    Your own
    Rob

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Yup!! You are right. To think what I might have missed, had you not been "Revised". We should never have met, and that thought is a great sadness. It is wonderful to know someone like you, who is so open and above board and happy, despite all that the years have brought you. Take care, my dear, lots of love and hugs,
    Raife

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning!
    Yes, I agree Joe, rabbits can have them..lol...

    I think many agree with you too Chad. and thank you :-)

    Every day is a good day Rob, you and all my friends make them that way...

    Perish the thought Raife~!~ that I would not have met all my new friends...that would be like a day without sunshine wouldnt it? :-)

    Ahhh tis so nice to read from all of you.. you just KNOW how to make my day !!!! :-) Life is good.Luv Ya!

    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sweets....
    Well...carrots hmm. One horny lady friend told me they were good for something - lolol.....
    Liked your take on "revised" hmm - guess we all get a little revision as time goes on - but yours is more dramatic than most. But you still stay GORGEOUS.....(smile).....
    See you soon.
    Butty

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    I hadnt heard that Butty lol.. I think they help you see better..and I have to be honest.. I did hear carrots are good against cancer.

    Yes, I like that word, it really fits I think... :-) hope you have a good day :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    I like the "revised" concept! And you certainly are gorgeous! Thanks for your posts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker