ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, February 20, 2006

~The Transition~

I get asked alot about the transition from being a person with
legs to being an amputee.. I don't think I was really aware of the
fact that I was adapting, I was in such a state of depression ..
I was more upset because the dust bunnies wouldn't play
with me.. than anything else..so I dont think I was really paying
attention ! I was in a chair before I lost my legs.. They
were so weak.. I couldnt trust them at all .. By the time I was
put into the first rehab I didnt walk at all..... I could but was not
safe. I couldnt stand for very long either. So I was steady
learning how to live in a chair...but didnt realize it ...

Once I did lose my right leg.. is when the depression got even
worse, and I dont remember alot.. but I do remember some
of it..and it was most certainly NOT funny at the time.. I felt I
was losing my mind .. and then snap out of it only to keep going
back and forth.. but the point is .. during all this time I am really
adjusting to handling my self with one leg and living in a chair
with out really knowing I was adjusting.. I had fun trying to run
over those bunnies LOL.. little buggars were fast tho let me
tell you..:-)

I guess we all have to adjust and adapt to changes in our lives
in our own way.. Its ok for me to say what I did and how I did
but what works for me may not for someone else because we
are not the same person...we each are affected in our own way.
But I think if we see ourselves just as what we are.. and like what
we see.. and accept ourselves ..THAT is the way I get thru it any
way.. I tell myself,, knowing it IS NOT true..i do on here .. i say
every day.. I AM GORGEOUS... and I have adapted.. I liked my
self before..I was just as picky a dresser too.. I loved to sew..mainly
because I knew NO ONE else would BE like me..lol.. well thats how
it is tho.. NO one is me.. cuz I AM, and I like who I am... :-) You
won't find another weeble like me any where LOL.. :-) well not
one as GORGEOUS anyway :-D

I am kinda glad I lived in Goofy Land during that transition time tho..
Knowing how I am , such little patience.. I would probly get so
frustrated at myself who knows how hard a time I would have had
to really LEARN all of it...Being in Goofy Land and not eating almost
did get me in serious trouble because of the extreme weight loss so
I am glad when they told me that they were going to tube feed me I
was in my right mind.! I probly would have laffed it off and who knows
where I really would be now ..So everything worked out the way it was
ment to I guess.. Goofy Land had its ups and downs.. it was funny tho
some of the things now I can laff, but at the time- wow-I mean, it was
scarey.. People hiding in my closet..yellow ants all over my bed.. my
stuffed animals STARING at me LOL.. its funny now specially when I
accused them of hiding my room cuz I couldnt find my way back lol..
Well that is how I made the transition.. I did, but didnt know i did lol..

Well, there was no lunch today, some holiday i think..so I am really
hungry.. Rae came today..she cant come tomorrow she took 2 of
her kitties to be neutered and has to pick them up and she doesnt
want them to be home alone just getting home from hospital like
any good mummy would be lol...welll they're her kids lol..So I'm
off to get some dinner.. Dutch is waiting looking at me ,, I can
see what hes thinking " OK OK COME ONNNNNN" Kids :-)


Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? LUV YA!!! & THANKS :-) !!!
Always, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

7 Comments:

  • At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    quote Lois:
    because I knew NO ONE else would BE like me....
    End quote

    Dearest Lois as i said before we are a lot like eachother... I use to say: I dont have to excuse because i am the best...NO ONE is better in being me than myself...
    And love, i could not think of no one being more Lois than Lois herself, and thats lucky for the world... Lois our sweet little weeble is there for us, and we are here for you..... Isnt this world a beautiful place? And the net that bring us together, is even a better place than the real world (until we meet).
    Hmm i went a little to philosofical this day, but how would i else express my feelings for you?
    Have a good day now you hear, dear!
    KAO
    Your Rob

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ps.
    I slept over last night tooooooo.
    beginning to catch up with my age..
    ds.
    Rob

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Just wanted to say "thank you, Bob. You said what I would have liked to say, but couldn't find the words" Our Weeble is gorgeous, isn't she??
    Take care, my dear, lots of love and big hugs,
    Raife

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I talked recently to a male friend who has had progressive amputations due to poor circulation. He said that he always tried to find out the new parameters he would have to work with so he could keep on functioning with his newly revised body.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning~!~ Rob, you just have such a way with words. You KNOW how to lift me up. Raife, Momar, all of you that take the time to write to me.. Well It means alot. I cant do this ALONE. :-)

    BUTT--I am just SO pleased you AGREE !!! I AM GORGEOUS, truly UNIQUE, 1 of a kind, I bet I know some that are REALLY glad there's only 1 too !!!

    1 too? Buckle your shoe.. lol. RATZ got no shoe!!! :-D I think thats part of a old nursery rhyme. lol. I'm not awake yet ignore me LOL...

    But hey...Y'all are pretty great putting up with ME!!!!! LOL Luv Ya!
    Always, Lois****

    Ps.. Revised..thats a good word, means upgraded right? *smile* I kinda LIKE that word..lol...

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its very very very true-you are GORGEOUS!

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    why Joe.. how wonderful you agree :-)
    thanks hon...
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker