ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, February 27, 2006

~The Same But Different~



I think the biggest difference is not What I do...but how I
do what I used to do.The same, but different..make sense?
lol.... I just about do the same things.only go about it a new way
I was always a home body, unless it came to going for a
drive, or fishing.. I pretty much stayed at home...well unless
was a special invite to family or a friends house.. I never
did have a problem with keeping myself entertained..and
that was BEFORE i got a computer..lol...I'm doing what I did
before.. entertain myself..like myself..but I had to change
the WAY I do things, which some have gotten harder..sewing
for one of them, cleaning, cooking. but still doable...

I was always a seamstress, I've been sewing since I was 12
years old if not younger. I can do any kind of crafty stuff, and
there is such a variety of things I liked to do.. I always had my
sewing/craft room, and could spend days in there and be
content..never bored. I am pretty much the same way, even now,
if I didnt have this computer I would be in there, doing some
thing, making something or designing. but staying busy. I was
in there before I got this computer but I was still so sick from
that infection..all I did was stare out the window and watch all
that went on outside, but way before I loved my sewing room,
it was like a play room and when I had a project going I treated
it like a job...I always had something to do in there..still do lol...

I really didnt have an interest in making anything. I did before I
lost my left leg..when I was in the hell home, they gave me the
sewing machine I have now..and It DID help me get out of that
depression, when I started making lap and baby quilts and sold
them..then the home put the stop to that said employees were
NOT allowed to give the residents money for any reason..whether
they bought some thing or not..I dont understand the logic but that
was the rules. So I stopped making quilts and shortly after I lost my
left leg..in November.but they got me the machine, and stopped
me from having a way to sell them..they made that rule because
of me, very few sold anything in there unless it was for their kids at
school or something, it got everyone pretty upset, including me. I
designed and made the quilts and made good money.. plus I enjoyed
it.. I made maybe 2 quilts or more a week depending on the size..
I had a good time.. even a couple of the Doctors bought baby quilts
from me.. and they were very pretty..machine quilted..not hand lol..
no no take too long.. I like short fast easy projects.I SHOULD find a way
to make this sewing machine easier to use. , :-)

I really dont remember alot of 2000, 2001 or 2002, I SHOULD get
copies of my medical records I bet they would fill in alot of the
gaps for me.. I get asked alot of different questions about when
whatever happened and I am NOT real sure date wise..but I
would like to know.. I know when I had my heart bypass, but I
dont know when I had the second abdominal or leg bypasses
I had in 2000..too many. i KNOW , but I am curious as to dates
etc.. I SHOULD gather my records..I have SO many SHOULDS
to do!!!! :-)

I should log off this computer for this day, and I SHOULD head
to the kitchen for a snack...thats what I SHOULD do lol...and
guess what? I AM!! Say, I am very glad y'all liked the picture I
put here last nite.. I kinda liked it too lol...I only took 5, and it
was SUCH a hard decision which one to put here LOL...I am
just so GORGEOUS :-) lol.. nitey nite :-)

Ps...I know what your thinkin.. I SHOULD put all 5 photos here LOL
ha ha I KNOW :-þ

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? LUV YA!!! & THANKS~!~!
Always, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...



9 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Always enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work.
    Merci
    Robert

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Ahh Merci Robert :-)...so glad you are reading... :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you know there are two or more Roberts, dearest Lois.. The one above was another Robert than me, but i presume he does the same as i do...
    Love you for being the wonderful gorgeous female you are!
    Kisses all over dearest Loishoney,
    Your one and only Rob

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    hi Rob, i do know that.. I have ways to tell...everyone has their own signature that tells me who is who..:-) you forgot part of yours tho I think KAO ***+* ??? lol..see ? I notice these things.. lol..
    ALways, Lois****

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Loved Sunday's pic. You look gorgeous, as usual. Tell Dutch "Hi" for me!!
    Have you been able to get that sewing machine control modified yet? I guess you need to get RaeLynn to help you "muck out" the sewing room, too!! lol Don't go and get stuck in there again!! Take care, my dear, lots of love and hugs from,
    Raife

     
  • At 3:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    KAO
    ***+*
    Your Rob

    ps. Was in a hurry, had too much W around. ds.

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Morning Gorgeous, Yep - same ol same ol but different - lol. Well put as always. Butt we all do things a bit different as we age I think - just some more than others. Thanks for the new pic (yesterday)... You always look so good!
    See you soon.
    Butty

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah sewing and cooking for a man - when I was in 7th grade - about 12 years old - the school I attended gave us one semester of sewing and cooking in the home ec dept. and the girl students got to take woodworking and drafting. When I got to be 19 and it was cook or starve, I found cooking both enjoyable and it was easy to spice the food. I was also introduced to New York's excellent Italian coffee.

    momar

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning, and welcome back Raife.

    I am so glad y'all liked the picture. I try lol :-)

    No, not gotten the machine fixed yet. Men do make wonderful cooks, I taught my ex how to cook..he ALMOSt got better than me HA! that will be the day :-)

    Italian Coffee? sounds interesting..
    I LOVE Hawaiian...such a good taste.. Its the ONLY way to start my day lol, of course after face taps from Dutch lol.

    Thanks Raife, Butty & Momar...have a good day thanks for the correction too Rob lol..:-)
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker