ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, February 25, 2006

~A Shorty Tonite~


I got up early early this morning and I am really tired tonite
so this wont be a long post.. I woke up early, 3 am, because
I have been having trouble with my right hand lately and
this morning it was just throbbing I dont know why... I worry
if it is the PVD or the carpal tunnel, which its hard to tell as
both I would think are the same kind of symptoms...My hand
has been extremely cold at times...and aches..and my thumb
has refused to work right..it is really sore..but I think myself
it is from the carpal tunnel, I think i could handle that better
than facing the thought of losing fingers or even my arms.
What ever happens it would just be another revision I guess
that I would adjust to like the loss of my legs....


My sister has had both her hands fixed and she was laid up
quite awhile from it.. she could not use her hand at all for a
long time.. I worry what if I had no choice but to have it fixed
if I lost the use of my thumb etc? I would be bed bound..How
would I transfer? That would be most hard to do.. I would
probably have to have someone come here and stay or go
somewhere else to recuperate. I do have a power chair I
could use..but to transfer in and out of it..that would be the
biggest problem..and I dont know..how I would do that.. I
know I would more than likely figure something out..but i
bet would probly take a few tries of falling over and doing
a few weeble rolls LOL.. I bet I would look like a weeble
then for sure.. I have friends that are amputees ....but they have
been since birth.. I think that is the biggest difference..as they
know no other way..and have made their own way over the
years to do things ..where for me would be another major
adaption if suddenly I cant use one or both of my hands.. The
rate that my thumb has been hurting and my wrist locking up. I
guess its time to have it checked before it is really too late...

I have been waiting for the price of monitors to do down which I had
hoped after the first of the year they would. I know you remember Im
blind in my left eye and lately that is not even opening anymore lol..
I am hoping a bigger monitor will help to see better.. and it would
give me more room on my desk..I keep my keyboard in front of my
monitor now and its the big one..takes up alot of room, with the slim
monitor i would have lots more room and could type so much easier..
not counting the fact the boys would have more room to lay here too..
I have been debating to make a eye patch but thought I would see
what the eye doctor said as I do have go , I need new glasses..I
know this year I can get my lower plate replaced too but I
am not sure if they will need to know a specific date before they
will..I guess I will have to phone the hellhome and find out when I
had them done.. I hate having to call there but I may have no choice..
These things have to be done If I am seriously going to take a
holiday which I desperately need.. :-)

Well saturdays are fend for thyself days and i have some left over
sketti waiting for me..so you know what comes next yes? lol. oh
by the way..tomorrow is new picture day..:-) I KNOW you will
hate that lol... well this is my 2 ¢ today.. :-) thanks for taking the
time to read this.. I like knowing you do and I hope the little
explanation last nite from my friend Butty helped.. I post different
than y'all do so I asked him to write and tell me lol..i know -what
can I say ..I'm lucky I can do this..let alone other stuff LOL... so
kitchen here I come..and now for my final answer......

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? LUV YA !!!! & thanks :-)
Always, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    I just wanted to thank you for your many interesting posts. I love the recent photo too.

    -Gray

     
  • At 4:11 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Well thank you Gray, so nice to hear..I hope you will keep reading..
    ALways, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker