ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

~Still Fluey~



RaeLynn called in sick today. I hope she is ok..This flu is
still going around. Lots I know have it. Seems its every
where. I know I sure dont want it back.. so I hope Rae is
really over it. Many say that it lets you think its gone then
the next thing you know your're right back to square one..
some have had it go into some severe bronchial stuff. I
was lucky usually that happens to me..My sis usually, she
ends up in hospital, she gets it so bad.. She is SO ready
to get that "DAMN CAST" (direct quote) OFF !!! She is
so tired of it.. I KNOW what she is going thru ..trust me and
it sure isnt fun at all..I've been there done the breaks and
sprains ..all of it...and none of it is fun...

I may have done another no no.. I saved the rose petals
from the roses I got at Christmas and had put some in a
pretty dish that has a cover on my dining room table.. For
a reason I forgot.. I left that lid off last nite and I noticed this
morning VERY few of the petals are left in the bowl.. I hope
Dutch didnt eat them..If he did I have not seen any signs hes
gotten sick..so maybe they are on the floor behind the table
and I cant get the table to move.. So when Rae comes I will
have her look.. I hope he didnt eat them..but Dutch seems to
be just fine.. He is in his normal place,, next to my monitor.
and is ok..so maybe rose petals are ok for cats..lol I dont
know..hes eaten them before too..lol.. they have 3 kinds of
food out there and he eats Rose petals? This kid is goofy..

I want to thank you for all the nice compliments on my picture
I posted here Sunday..was so nice to read all the nice things
that you said.. Means alot to me..I dont mind sharing photos
of myself..I am not ashamed of who I am.. Im just me..short...
yes..in a wheelchair..yes...but I only have shortened legs is all.
I was asked if I was ashamed of my stumps.do I look like I am?
lol..no.. I most definitely am not...Its just me... And like I've said,
if someone doesnt LIKE that view of me..well..don't look is all
I can say...I think its a cute picture of me and my boy..I guess
it amounts to WHAT you see when you look at it.. what you
notice first which parts or all of ME...
.
Me? I see my boy behind me..then I look to see how FAT I look
and say "HMMMM maybe I need another view..and snap , snap
take 4 more LOL...But it is true..what ever the photo is of..we
all look at a different part of that same photo..which is a good
thing...I think so anyway... Some would notice first I am wearing
a light blue silk skirt..with a lovely beige sweater...with blue flowers
on it... some would notice my hair is up..and think..hmmm which do
they like it better..up or down.. SOME.. would see the lovely little
legs peeking out from under that light blue silk skirt first, before they
saw the smile..or the clothes..or the cat.. which is what its all about
I think , we all see everything differently and that is a good thing as
long as we see its a person first before anything else...THAT is
the MAIN thing to see.

I still look in the mirror and sit and wonder.."hmmm WHO is that?"
I look up and down and really criticize myself..what I can do to look
better or what perhaps looks bad. When I was in the hell home, I
put make up on, got all dressed up, earrings.. had my hair done
once a week...but I saw a lot of people in that place.. At least once
a week they had a group of people that came in for one reason or
another to entertain or to teach us.. It was a fairly active place..I
did get sick of Bingo but sometimes when they had some neat
prizes I would play.. Some of the entertainment was really great,
so I wanted to look nice.. I dont see anyone now but I still like to
look nice for me.. It makes me feel better. It really does.. I Think
if we see ourselves in a way that looks good to us..that is the
main battle I think.. And like Ive said all along..I''m GORGEOUS...

Well, you know what's coming next I bet..lol, yup..lunch was really
a good "guess what it is" day..It just did NOT look good at all..I
don't really know what I want tonite.. I may just snack...then again
some of that good pea soup sounds good too..who wants to
come fix dinner??? lol :-) I AINT doin dishes either.. lol..I do.I
really hate doing dishes, paper plates are such a blessing arent
they? :-) Ok..kitchen here I come..as usual :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? LUV YA!!! & Thanks :-)
Always, Lois****




May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well dear, when I look at your photos, the first thing I see is my good friend Lois.........and she is gorgeous....

    And of course - I do look at the lovely details. Your clothes, your lovely little legs - your pretty smile. And yes - that fellow behind you.

    Behind...hmmmm......

    Bare Hugs,

    Buttty

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo,
    It appears tht you have removed your rings in the picture.Am I right?
    Robert

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    why Butty you say the sweetest things, you have always seen all of me for ALL these years..been a Long time my friend.. :-) I know you ...:-)

    Hi Robert..Yes, I took all my rings off about a week ago to see if it helps my hands, so far no difference, I feel naked without all 17 of them, My fingers dont look near what they did.. I miss them, but they'll be back. how observant you are :-)

    Y'all have a good day now Y'hear?
    Always, Lois****

    4 am, i'm up...eyelid kisses from a cat WILL wake you up..trust me..lol..

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Roses: The most fun part of the rose is the hip or that part left over after the petals are gone. The europeans make a rosehip-hybiscus blossom tea which is a strong diuretic. I loved the taste so much that I once drank 3 cups of it and got what is called the dry pisses - not a comfortable feeling. Never again. Some of those teas are strong. Do not drink rose hips tea if you are tataking a diuretic.

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Momar LOL>.. dry pisses??? LMAO..too funny... well after 3 cups? sheesh lucky you didnt start to BLOOM lol...
    No, I dont take any kind of medications lol..I'll remember that tho...lol..too funny...thanks for the smile Momar lol... luv ya :-)
    ALways, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker