ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, May 25, 2006

~Sleeping Sickness Maybe?~


Boy, today was a super lazy one, I did not one thing but doze off
and on all day, I cant seem to stay awake.. I wonder if I have
sleeping sickness? :-) no.. I think I have lazy sickness maybe-
I just keep going and going to get stuff done so that Raelynn
doesnt have to do more than her share, and with all the moving
this monitor etc.and cleaning I just overdo and then it catches up
and sure lets me know real fast, STOP IT lol...Raelynn said next
week she will help me get my sewing room straight and I may
put this desk and computer in there.. It may mean calling Donnie
to help, but I think I would like it better in there. I have thought of
just dividing the room half sewing half computer.. I am just not
good at hooking all this stuff up...

A friend told me there is a cart type thingie I can get that my cpu
(big box) can go into and then sit under my desk..when I need to
get to the back I just pull it out since its on wheels.. That would
make it so much better then I can get it off the top of my desk. I
had it down under there once and was awful..I had to keep it on
one of my transfer boards so I could slide it easier and even then
it was NOT easy..Soon I will have this all set up and runnin so good.
At least I hope so... Only a new keyboard and mouse is all I really
need yet, a keyboard is a must , I wore my nubbies off of the J and
F keys and most of the letters are wore off. I can type with out seeing
the letters on the keys, I dont look anyway at them but I cant place
my fingers right the first time with no nubbies, I looked at some on
line and they are very reasonably priced, l would like some better
earphones too..this small headset makes my ears itch..Someone
said they have ones that go over your ears..that would be good..

I have been using that Skype..now is that a deal or what? Free long
distance..even to Canada? wonderful.. I have called a couple of my
family to say hello.. NO I did NOT abuse this wonderful privilege- my
cousin had not heard from me in ages and he doesn't have a computer
(unbelievable) and hes not been real well..so I called to say hi...he
was very pleased.. I was so glad to talk to him... This Skype is just
great..the quality is wonderful.. so clear like talking on a phone..which
is what it is..I talk on my headset into my computer and call YOUR
telephone number ! I did call my friend Gail..She & I were chatting on
Yahoo..and I told her "Gail...your phone is gonna ring" she said "huh?
oh , now HOW do you know?" and laughed.. She then says "just a
minute the phone is ringing brb" She answers the phone "hello", I
said " hi Gail..its Lois" she said "WHAT? your online..you have dial
up you cant be on the phone" I told her about Skype too.. I asked a
friend how its possible that they can do this..I guess my voice is
sent out as text is why..not a voice.. What ever way it does it.. I am
SO glad..Soon they will have free international and that would be
really great.. but I am just pleased as can be with this.. Lord, I LOVE
this FREE stuff... If it doesn't say FREE I cant have it... Thats one of
my MAJOR rules...

My hand is slowly getting better if I dont quit banging the bark off of
it running into the door frames..lol..well ..I get in a hurry sometimes
and I don't pay attention and misjudge and BAM! i hit that facing,
my knuckles always stay banged up. Since I have to kind of use my
hand a little lopsided so as not to hit my thumb, I hit the back of it
more.. I know ,, I know..go ahead..say it.. "Start out sooner Lois...
dont wait till the last minute and RUSH to the potty" Well sometimes
I could start out the day before and still have to RUSH you know
what I mean? lol...

Lunch today? well..let me just say it has NOT improved.. I am NOW
taking applications for a back massager, fixer upper, and cooks
helper..wanna apply? lol.. be nice if I could hire someone to do
that..but..well would have to be on a volunteer basis right now lol...
I have no idea what I will fix for my supper..I guess Seek and I
shall find lol..So my nightly routine is..OFF to the Kitchen..ha! look
at Dutch go! He CAN read..he was sitting right here watching me
type this..just jumped down and is sitting in the doorway with a
look on his face of..'COME ON'...hope your day was as nice and
lazy and relaxing as mine was...I will be all set and primed ready
to get started with tomorrow lol..ok..hitting publish I am hungry,
hungry, all sleep and no food is not good :-) .. Nitey nite!

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Luv ya, & thanks...
Always, Lois ****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    I hope that your nubbie problem is solved soon. I did wonder why you need to get to the back of your CPU? I hardly ever have to do that unless one of the cats disconnects a cable or if I have to do surgery inside my CPU. When I made my main computer I was able to find a case that had a removable dist filter, similar to the lint trap in a dryer. It's really easy to clean the dust out, and the inside of hte CPU stays really clean.

    Have a great day!

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Gray,
    Ya I got all kinds of nubbie problems.. you know I think about that with 2 cats that shed like crazy about keeping it out of mine.. I steady clean those holes on the sides.. Now if I can get this moved, and figure out why I cant burn a cd when I have a cd/rw..ill be good to go.. BUTT.. I could use a good "installer" lol.. :-) ok ok..HELPPPP lol...
    hope your having a good day :-)
    ALways, Lois ****
    coffee's makin :-) lol...

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Friday and Mondays are collapse days for me. Friday nights I usually go to bed about 9pm or 21h. I think the body is really sensitive to its circadian cycle. Barometric pressure also affects amputees. If they are going to get phantom pain it is just as the barometric pressure is going down.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar, yes I can tell about the weather thru my stumps and my hands. I think I just keep going too long and then my battery just needs recharged lol...R and R is good for ya...you steady go Momar. Gotta take time to smell them flowers hon...:-)
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker