ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

~An Old Cookie Jar~


We got alot done today and I am really beat.. I dont know
how many boxes we went through and sorted out.. I have
a set of my mothers china..Noritake, just beautiful.. I will
never use it again..Its quite expensive..I may put an ad on
ebay or somewhere..to replace even just a small plate
costs quite alot..Many people need perhaps just a few
pieces to complete their sets again.. I cant see in the near
or distant future that I will use it.. I cant put it in the micro
as it has silver around the edge..i have another set, its
all white..I dont expect a ton of company. I may as well go
through all this and what I am not going to put out or in its
own place can go back down the basement and sold at a
yard sale ... I would like to find someone that would really
appreciate my cookie jar..was my mothers..and its so cute.
I saw it on Antiques Roadshow..Shes called Winnie The Pig,
I have the matching salt and pepper shakers that look like 2
little pigs.. but they are still packed up down the basement.
I would like to sell mine..I have no one to leave her to that
would appreciate the fact that it was my mothers, then mine,
so a collector would appreciate her.

My mother and Aunt Ethel..back when I was very young, I
dont ever remember any other cookie jar, they each got
one..my Aunt got the boy pig, no s & p set tho..and my
mother got Winnie..All these years these pigs have made
it.. My Aunt has since passed away and her grandson, well
my cousin Bobby, said he has her pig cookie jar, he sure
likes it.. Mine is prettier tho. lol No..the boy is cute. :-)

They hold alot you can see by the side view of her..It was
kind of fun, AND hard work, to go through and see all these
things again..They all were up on top my cabinets at the
apartment and I could only see them from a distance..All
my tea pots n old milk bottles from home..The Iron River
Dairy .. I had a friend in school named Susie.. she lived
on a farm out in the country and every morning before she left
for school she had to help her dad and sisters deliver milk to
everyone.. That was when it was delivered to your door at
daybreak and there were cardboard covers and the tops of
the milk had cream on them.. I never did like milk..I still dont..
I had to drink a glass at every meal..RULES.. I hated milk tho..
It has to be ICE cold or it sticks right in my throat..If I eat dry
cereal like corn flakes or rice krispies..then I put a dribble of
milk on it..but cold cold.. My stomach I found out in later years
is not very good with dairy products..

My arms are sore.. from unwrapping all this newspaper and
reaching.. I am glad to say that my scorch is not too bad..Its
doing ok..its tender a little but I have to sit ..so its the under
part thats giving me fits..well not fits..but aggravation ..lol..I
PROMISE I will NEVER put another cup of coffee directly
in front of me..I had just even said to myself that that coffee
could be hotter than what it was, only a few sips before that.
so it was quite warm..but not HOT HOT...

The lady that filled in to deliver the lunch..oh I do have the guess
what it is lunches back.. came in and I knew her from before..she
raises german shepherd puppies that are just beautiful ..she
sells them as fast as they are born almost they are so wonderful..
huge animals..I love that kind of dog.. She commented on how
cute this place is..so cozy and inviting. I mentioned to her that
I would like to have a shepherd.. this small place I dont think it
would be big enough..she offered to train one for me..they do
that as well.. I saw 3 of her 5 week old puppies over at the apt.
she brought them for me to see.. I think I wrote about it..well..
they are just darling..and she is expecting more lol..she has a
kittie with 7 toes.. on its 2 front feet..dont see that very often..
She asked if I wanted a new baby..and I dont think I should.I
think 2 little boys here would be highly upset..They are both
fighting for attention..and each other.so a new baby I think
would really cause the 'fur to fly' so to speak..

Ive gotten some nice emails lately too..lol..thought I better say
that ..instead of whining about the ones I dont get.. I love email
to look every morning to see who's written or who has commented
here.. well I really appreciate that you let me know..If you dont
write and tell me how will I know? Gee.. I need to KNOW these
things !! lol..Anyway..thanks for the mail..and of course the phone
calls yes..from Australia lol..My dear friend Blue. I enjoy a nice
phone conversation ... I spend my days here usually in email..or
lately I have been listening to some great songs..I love music..
keeps these invisible feet tappin..Well - these invisible tappin
GORGEOUS weebles feet are headed to lay it down and see
how much tv I can watch before my eyes slam shut..lol..Not
long trust me.. I snuggle down in those pillows..get my blanket
pulled up..my pillows up under my arms along my sides..( holds
my arms up) and Im down for the count lol.. Nitey Nite..

Y'all have a good one Y'hear? luv ya..and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

7 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois that a nice looking cookie jar. great pictures again you took.
    I love reading all you write my friend. How is your weather doing? WE GOT THE WINTER MIX HERE......
    So happy you are getting a ramp too, anyway you can get one for your back door, that would be nice.
    Stay warm and dry,the weather is getting bad....Mary

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Ive been hearing about this storm headed right at us too..if it hits the lake (michigan) and picks up it will be bad..Its awful here but only rain and horrible howling wind..

    Im so glad you enjoy my blog Mary and its so nice to read your comments I am pleased that you take the time to do that..I love knowing its being read..thanks ..sweet dreams..Im off to bed.. nite my friend.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    China: I found quite a bit of china on the street (6 place settings) I bought 6 more place settings at a stoop sale in Park Slope brooklyn. $10.00

    I will hope to have a really nice kitchen at the new house.

    I am still harvesting spinach in brooklyn. (flash boil - and freeze.)

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Oh! What a beautiful Morning. The whole sky was aflame! 'Fraid it means rain later. I'll e-mail you a pic later, if they come out OK.
    Management is out deer hunting on horse-back to-day. Hope she stays on top and that it doesn't rain.
    Hope that storm across the lake doesen't materialise and that you stay cozy.
    Take care, Hon. Lots of love and great big hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar,
    Pretty soon it will all be in your freezer..lol..Freezers are great I hope I can get one..

    I just dont plan or expect to have a ton of company where I would need 12 place settings of china.. I may keep it..up in the cupboard in the kitchen just in case..Its so pretty..

    Never know that prince may come riding up any day ..I keep hoping.lol...so I may need them hey?

    Morning Raife,
    Bad storms all across the states last nite..today is going to be bad from what they say..cold and rain now at 6 am..sposta get worse and colder all day..joys of winter..good snuggler or cookin day..

    still hangin? lol...

    Y'all have a good day now :-) good to hear from you ...
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Here is is astonishingly warm, with occasional showers. Snow and sleet are expected in a few days.

    When saw the first cookie jar photograph I didn't look carefully and thought for an instant that it was about five feet high and standing on the floor. Not THAT would have been an unusual object.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    Miserable day here, cold and rain..Its a great cookie jar and she looks so cute on my dining room table. Shes been in the family for so long, shame to get rid of her. and not that first chip, nothing..On the bottom says USA which is the old Hull? i think pottery? i dunno but its old..Im looking for her kids lol..

    Hope your having a good day :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker