ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

~Callin Again

Well I made my round of phone calls..To Chris.."leave a
message, ill get back to you" about the doors and windows,
to my casworker.."im on the phone or away from my desk,
I will return your call as soon as possible".. to the insurance,
"I am not in the office today , leave a message" to Que, well
shes never there not for me anyway.. To the CMH, I called
them to ask them about the no paper work on this grant thing,
"someone will get back to you" so NOW I have to go through
all this again tomorrow..its a daily thing I bet..and I honestly?
I am SO sick of it.. I almost DREAD when I have to make
these calls cuz I know I will hear nothing but one excuse after
the other.. IT is getting VERY old..and I don't know what I
really have to do to get these people motivated..I think they
are stalling me, like they do everyone else, hoping then we
will quit.. I know I feel that way ..I cant stand this.. It just eats
my lunch, they can do people like this?..Is this not abuse?

We got more snow last nite. I went to bed with the chickens.
I went in there as soon as I posted..and only got up 2 times..
Once cuz Dutch was chasing shadows.. this cat..I mean. I
have mini blinds..and the place across the street is so lit up
and the headlights of the cars..he goes nuts chasing shadows
I had to turn the light on and sleep with it on all night..well the
lamp not the overhead one..with it on he cant see them..he
jumps from one thing to the next trying to get them.. I heard
the plows out there 2 side by side..one just a tad behind the
other clearing the streets..These 2 roads out here are the snow
routes through town.. If there is a snow emergency and we get
snowed in no one is allowed to park on those streets. as
they are first plowed.. this one out front is directly to the
hospital I can see it from my window..So we get plowed here
before most do..

I called the COA and asked them about someone to shovel..
they have a man named Robert that will come out and do it for
you.. They said he does it on a donation basis..that if I can
afford to give him something I can but he doesn't expect it..
Now..isnt that just great.? that he thought of doing this for some
one like me.. I was so worried about this.. The mailman wont
deliver the mail if its not clear out there..and I think I am sposta
keep the sidewalk clear too. I dunno I would think so its city
but in front of my house.. I wonder if they will cut grass too? I
have a big yard out there that will need maintained..I could do
it if I had a rider mower..boy would that be fun lol..

Valentines Day is very soon.. * HINT* lol.. well that's a special
day for special people in your life yes? well..then? lol your
sposta let them know! I may make a clippie for you. .I cant
promise but I might :-) If you want it you will have to let me know
though and then I'll put you on the list.. oki doki? Y'all are very
special to me and just my way of sayin I luv ya..and appreciate
you for being my friends..What would I do with out you.. Well..
hmm I bet Id feel pretttttttttty alone .. :-) Im sure glad y'all
are there..and...AND..letting me know! I love the comments..
that is so great.. . . I enjoy that so much ..I sit here with my coffee
and go and read all those nice nice things that's written.. I
appreciate it and am very grateful.. thank you for taking the
time to let me know your reading..

Heres another goodie of my daily reminder I am SHORT..lol..
There is a window kinda small in the door..I don't know if its
shown up in any of the photos I havent looked..well I said how
DUTCH chases shadows on the wall..well the sun out there
hits that window..there is a piece of paper covering it but its
not all the way to the sides.. Well this cat starts jumping over
there by my desk trying to get up the wall..hes scratching at
it and trying to meow.. he only squeaks. no meows from him..
well.. I look and there is a line on the wall that is sneaking
through on that window where the paper hasnt covered.. SO.
I get a piece of paper..bigger of course than whats on it..
and put 2 pieces of tape on the edge and go to put it up..well
I could reach it right? NOT.!! I had to get my grabber and
hold the paper and try to push these pieces of tape to the door..
ok.. I use scotch tape..it didn't work..the door is cold I had
uncovered it earlier for the lunch lady - So I had to get that
other heavier kind.. I try that.. well..ya.. it STUCK - to the grabber.
I sat there and stared at it for a minute..and reached up again
held the paper with the left hand..and had the grabber in the
right. I try to push that tape down AGAIN.. I did say a few special
stick to the door words, I will be honest..and taDA! it stuck..
there are no more shadows ..in THIS room, now I have to fix
the bedroom or sleep with the lights on in there all night.. :-)
Anyone want a cat? lol..naa got to keep him..no one else would
put up with him..hes a lot of fun..really and the contrast of attitude
between my two is great.. Now, LB is a player ,, he is..he loves
to.he and Dutch really have some fun running .but they do get
serious too- I have to yell at them to break it up..but that's how
all kids are..they get along for awhile then they fight..lol....

Time for me to get out of this chair..my butts numb..and I think
its really flat lol..been sitting all this time..and know I wont get out
of it for a while yet..so its about 15..16 hours a day I sit in this
chair..someone said to me once.."well at least you get to sit
all the time" lol. it aint fun believe me..it sure aint..and it makes
for sore arms..when I have to keep reaching like that my arms
ache so bad for a long time.. I cant keep them held up for very
long either..and then with the strength I have to use to push this
chair on this carpet.. I was so mad the other day I was gonna rip
it out myself.. I could roll so easy with out it.the kitchen and bath
room I roll like a dream..in here like a night mare. :-D lol..
Im gonna get out this chair..Nitey Nite..:-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya..and Thanks!!
Always. Lois.****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

14 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon soir ma Belle,
    Always enjoy reading you blog. Very interesting. You are a fantastic lady
    Regards,
    Robert

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Bon Soir Robert.. :-)
    Im so glad you do hon.. I appreciate you letting me know too..means alot to me.. Thanks so much for your sweet words..I really try to keep it interesting there is just so much going on here that It has to be to someone else LOL..we are such a bunch here..lol..

    Hope all is well by you..thanks again honey :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois We got a little over 3 inches of snow here today, everything nice and white again...Wishing I could stay in out of the weather, that life.

    Micheal has lab first thing in the morning,then take him to school. The rest of the day I think I can stay home.
    I would love to bake some rolls, will see if that happen or not. My mom made the best yeast roll ever. I sure love them, wow I wish I had some right now.
    I hate to make phone call, it is so upsetting. I wish thing was better for you my friend.

    If people would do there job right, it sure would help. I know some are so over worked, they are doing 2 or 3 people job, because they are so short handed. Just like the nursing home and so many other company run it that way to make more money.
    You have a great night and stay warm.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    yes we got more today too..its super cold out though. Yes, I remember those days of having to go out freezing cold, scraping windows and trying to warm the car. I used my old credit card..was the best window scraper around..works great..

    My mom could make anything with yeast and some of the very best breads.. I have to use the bread machine lol.it works thats the main thing.. I love to bake..but just wasnt good making bread..i have no idea why..

    I know Mary I dont understand why they do this..I really dont..makes me feel like they dont really care at all only in it for the paycheck..thats it..its sad..

    I hope you rest well my friend and can get some baking done and that your day tomorrow is a nice relaxing one..take care... :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Telephone answering machines:
    Larry Josephson once had a radio program of nothing but clever answering machine messages. There was a series called Telephone Answering machine theater.
    Israel Horwitz, a NYC playwrite once wrote a play called answering machine tag. I love these new automated systems which finally say dial O for operator.

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar,
    I never went that much to need a answering machine,nor get that many phone calls.. Ive heard some here on the net that are hilarious.. I dont know how to react when I actually get to talk to a person when I call a business.. I hate this new phone stuff so bad..all it is is a stall,
    Cold cold here. hows by you? Still got some spinach? lol..
    hope you have a good day today, so nice to hear from you... :-) take care..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Lois I got those rolls in the oven right now. Can't hardly wait till there are done.
    They say we are going to get more snow this afternoon.
    If been a great day so far, hoping to stay in.
    Mary

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I bet they are going to be good too..
    Put the coffee on I will be right over lol.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    NOTICE:


    Blogger is having major issues today, and I among many are having alot of trouble with it.. THey made us all switch even though I didnt want to..and now no one can get to their blogs.. they have no where that works to get help either..this really is not a good thing.. Just keep trying is all you can do..

    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois just thought I would pop in to your blog and when I read about ya wanting a sit on lawn mower I just thought I could warn everyone NOT to save up and buy you one cos you would be a real menace on one of those. Beleive me I know Lois only too well!!!
    I know when I keep getting answer machines and I FINALLY get someone real to answer my first word are usually something loke" Oh! Oh dear I am sorry , I don't really know what to say now because I am only used to talking to a machine when I call this number" They usually answer well how can I help you madam, to which my usual reply is "Oh dear I have waited so long to get to a human being on the other end I have forgotten what I wanted you for!!!!"

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So things are the same the world over! I have just the same problems when I make a call to anywhere official - and it's always a shock when a real person speaks! What a way to carry on eh!
    I have a stinking cold and cough today and am about to retire to my bed with some hot chocolate and a hot water bottle as I am so cold. I hope I feel better in the morning - if not - no work for me!
    Did you manage to look at my web-site Lois? Please let me know if you have any trouble.
    I have enjoyed looking your blog the past few days - it makes very interesting reading - so thank you.
    Keep warm please and kiss your boys from me.
    Julie

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mavis!!! How are ya , ya British Tart? LOL.. So wonderful to hear from you kiddo!! Quit sending all that stuff Mave and you wont get your stuff shut of hon! lol..

    I know by the time I get to a real person Im singing to the music or so mad cuz I cant stand it.. then its PUsh 1 now..push 2 now..then they ask the same questions.. I keep hitting the pound sign..and i go right to a person.. hehehe..

    Hey Julie..Aww honey, I hope you get to feeling better..Put a wee little bit of whiskey in some tea..you will feel better..

    Yes, I did go hon, Im sorry I didnt tell you that..Its a lovely place..I looked at every bit of it.. Do you know I have/am considered moving to the UK? I have family there I would love to meet..the last I knew they were in Cambourne? Cornwall.. thats where my mother was born.. I have enjoyed many photos with Raife..and have toured the uk on Google earth.. Your town is lovely ..So nice.. I enjoyed that, thank you for giving me a tour :-)

    Im getting 2 new windows put in by a cutie named Lewis..is THIS a good day or WHAT ??? :-D
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Come on over Lois, all I got is diet coke is that all right...could make some hot tea...
    I think I ate to much all ready.
    I need a nap now.
    Well I could make some hot cocoa.
    Bob took some over to our oldest son, he is better making bread then I am. He make the best pecan pie there is. He uses 5 egg not 3, wow it does make a better pie.
    His middle son Aaron wants to be a chief.
    Not snowing yet this afternoon, hope we miss it this time.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Hot Chocolate is good I love it. what kind of rolls? men make excellent chefs. We are having snow..again..
    Stay warm..
    Always,Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker