ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, January 29, 2007

~I Saw A Lady~

The other day I was looking out the window with Dutch,
and noticed a lady walking down the side walk. She was
not a small woman.. I noticed she had a sort of limp and
didn't walk the easiest..She came from up by Meijers
and that way..This morning I saw this lady again. I was
looking out to see how much more it had snowed..and
was bout 7:15 or so.. Again I saw this lady but going up
towards Meijers..and I saw her all bundled up..a big
coat on..and that same gait..but a little more pronounced
because she was walking through that kinda deep snow.

I got to thinking about my side walk out there..and she is
having to walk through that snow on it... I looked across
the street and I think he cleaned his off..looks that way.. I
have never lived on a street with a sidewalk whos property
is it and who maintains it? I wonder if its my job to do that?
The places Ive lived before there were none..I need to find
out. Penny swept off the ramp..I hope that mail man is ok..
hmm i wonder who is gonna cut the grass? hmmm ...

While I watched that lady this morning I couldn't help but
think how, look at her..snow..cold..hard time walking ..at
that time of the day..she had to have been going to work.
its all businesses down that way and the stores werent
open yet. She still was going..no car and no one offered
her a ride either.. I watched her till I couldn't see her.. I
did think to myself..'did she know how lucky she was, that
she could walk'.. and that I sure wouldn't mind.. I know many
times I walked to work..in the snow..cold..rain..but I had to
or I would go with out a room or food..I HAD to. I don't have
to anymore..but then look what I gave up so I don't have to..
I could still work at a job I think..but Ive worked all my life too..
I am honestly glad I don't have to go out every day like that
poor lady I saw out there this morning.. I think of Donnie and
Dawn get up so early and drive for an hour..on bad roads,
fighting traffic..I should really be very grateful..and I have to
say .. I do thank the Lord I don't have to get out in this ..that
I can sit here ..warm..and just do what I want.. yet I still at
times will complain when I cant do something or I cant reach..
well which would I rather do? I d rather walk. . .

When I look at old photos of me doing something..even
standing in the lake.. I can almost still feel that coolness and
the rocks of the bottom of the lake.. I can almost feel the
wet of when my shoes would get all damp and soaked if we
went down by Jim's pontoon before the sun dried the ground.
I can even feel my feet ache when they got so cold and frozen
in the winter when I skated. I do miss that. . but then just think
if I had NEVER had a chance to feel that OR know. like those
I know that are born with no legs at all and have never known
what it really feels like.. its as hard to describe what is like
to have them as it is to describe NOT having them ;-) none
of this is EASY ..but well ..just have to WEBBLE along I
guess best I can..I know i am so glad the first of the month
is VERY soon. I wish it had been yesterday lol. no .dont matter
when the first is i guess just as long as their IS one ..lol..

Penny came today..and I am all squeaky clean..she does a
good job, she said the roads are pretty clear there are some
icy spots but its not too bad ..We arent done with this yet so
the weather man says.but then.. could rain, warm up and be
all gone by tomorrow too as crazy as the weather is anymore.
I know this up and down cold though has gotten to my stumps
they feel tight and swollen sometimes.. I know I tried to lay on
my side for a while last nite and that didn't work too well .it
put a lot of pressure on my hip..that's not a good feeling.. I
use a pillow too.. I was up early again this morning..about 3
or so..I just woke up..and then Dutch started chasing shadows.
the place across the street is so lit up I don't need a nite light
in here its almost like daylight..its really bright..this whole
street is ..most of the businesses have 24 hours shifts..they
are mostly manufacturing places of what I have no idea..but
they are busy all the time ..you can hear the semi's go by..

I made some good chili and am going to smush up some
crackers in it..and have a bowl, try to avoid the eyes shut
button on the TV clicker and see what I can see..lol.. I
don't think much, ive already been yawning and I did not
have a nap today either..lol. I may not even find the clicker ..
lol. Nitey nite.. :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

10 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois Now days so many people walk in the street, not the sidewalk anymore, unless they are older people.

    Sure hope we don't get a lot of snow this week.

    Did some shopping this afternoon for Becky and Pam today. Will have to go to Wal Mart to finish it up Tuesday.
    I had to fill in for one of the staff last night, her daughter needed to go to the hospital. I work from 3 to 7 A.M. Pam didn't even know I was there with her, it nice when she sleep most of the night.
    I had a trip out of town for Michael this morning to see the D.D.S. He going to have surgery, he needs 4 teeth cut out, I don't have that set up yet for him. Oh why do we have teeth, that come in sideway....and has to be cut out.
    I had problem with my teeth doing that, 2 of my grandchildren had problem...but Michael is adopted and has the same problem.

    I just hate for him having to go through it that all. It will be so hard on him.

    I bet you miss walking through the snow too, it nice to make all those foot prints in the snow.

    I use to put snow in a big pan for Becky to play with at the table. That way she got to play in the snow too.
    Going to bed early tonight, a lot to get done on Tuesday.
    God bless you my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Here you dont see that as much anymore as you would in a smaller town I think..people are so afraid anymore..this street is one of the main ones thru town..its always busy and its the truck route..

    To be honest Mary, the best thing I ever did was get dentures. I had very soft teeth and had to go all the time..and I hated to go there even more than I do to the Dr. lol..

    I love the snow..I took walks in a nice fluffy snow fall many times..My sis only lived about 3 blocks from me thru the woods and I many times walked there..specially on a snow day..was great fun..I wonder if they have plows for wheel chairs? That might be fun lol. I bet I could sit on a riding lawn mower though.. bad as i am with that thing driving tho..Id probly plow off everyone elses and not my own LOL..

    I Hope all is good by you Mary..sit back and relax ..watch tv. Im going to try to lol. I didnt make it in there yet. I got hungry as usual.
    sweet dreams my friend..
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chili: One time when I had some foreign born people living in the house, I decided to make Chili. My chili is not hot with Cayenne or chili pepper, but it has cumin in it. My chili is definitely not breath taking, but it is tasty. The Turkish architect and the French grad student found it too spicy. Oh well, next time. . .

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    Mine turned out very good..Penny liked it, she even asked what I used, I just make basic..but its good ..cooked slow in a crock pot, very good..I cant eat hot spicey food.burns my lips lol. did you ever check on that saffron? I love that stuff..in rice? we can get it in mixes here called Yellow rice..it is so good..with chicken or pork.. :-)
    Hope all is well by you ..take care Momar..so nice to hear from you.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    People still walk into town where I live. It still functions as a small old fashioned town. I like that a lot.

    Thanks for the post, Lois.

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    when I lived up north I did walk alot..all over, but everything was in walking distance.. this street out here goes up to the highway where the big Meijers store is..and lots of smaller ones.. I like the small towns. The good ole days.. lol..
    I miss the corner drug store. Small as our town was we had 2.
    Hope your having a good day..so nice to hear from you Gray :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Walking is for a man WITH legs, something overvalued.... The feeling of pain in feets and legs, and icy toes and all that is not something to dream about. Except nightmares sometime. I know it sounds silly dear, but be glad in your chair. You are out of much troubles. Well you have gote other and more serious troubles, but you can keep them inside the house.... Dont HAVE TO get out, in louzyyyy weather. Good? Mebbe you hon Dont think so at times, or all the time. But consider: If you was outside walking, or rolling all the time, you should´nt be inside with us all the time. And that would be bad as frozen toes, and broken ankles!
    I love it when you are inside, reading, posting, chatting, and mindhugging, kissing in writing....
    Love and hugs
    and lots of KAO´s
    ****+*
    Your own
    Rob

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    Your so cute.. I enjoy reading what you write. I hope all is well by you..and yes I think you are right too.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    No post last night! I hope that all is well.

    Everyone i ssick here except me. Stal well, Lois.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    Its there hon.. hope you dont get sick!! stay warm and dry. sometimes if you cant view something to clear cache works..

    Have a good day! nice to hear from you..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker