ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

~Hellhome Photos~


I found some photos I had forgotten about that were also taken
at the hell home.. They were taken I would guess by what I have
on..during the summer.. This first one, well its not the greatest
photo.. but that is me.. I was at that time very seriously depressed
and that was why the massive weight loss. As that year progressed
I went down to 100 pounds. The Dr. warned me if I went under
100 that they would have to put a tube in and feed me that way
since I seemed to just not be able to eat. well that scared me
horribly and I cried for a whole day, I didn't want that done..They
didn't but I had to promise that I would really try to eat..I just had no
appetite that I can remember at all..I didn't know where I was half
the time.The worst seemed to be at night.. Look at my arms..how
skinny.. My hair was very short..they had cut it deciding for me that
it was easier for me to take care of even though I didn't I went to the
beauty shop once a week and had it done. THAT I really MISS lol..

They were letting all the residents, as they called us, bake pies
then we all got to eat them..We did have fun.The ones in charge
of the different departments helped us..That was Kathy, she was
in charge of housekeeping, she was so sweet, makes or made
dolls.I don't know if she is still there or not. I can see it from here
if I look out my kitchen window..past the tree and the white house..
over back there is where the hell home is. The pies were very good
I was already a sak.. this had to be summer because of the thin silk
top I had on and if you look at the photo you can see outside
it looks very nice out..all green..

This had to be early summer..Lenora and I and about 3 or 4 other
ladies are working on a quilt that we are going to enter in the fair..
which I think is in august.. and we all cut and put this thing together
and entered it in it..we won 3rd prize I think..I have the blue ribbon..
they gave each of us one.. and the quilt may still be hanging over
there with my name on it.. it turned out really pretty..that's kind of
what got me back into sewing and starting to slowly know who and
what I am again..

We had an activites director she was in the photo awhile back
of me as a sak..That's my dear friend Ceola..she and I were
buddies..where I went she went and what a beautiful woman..
Her skin was so porcelain looking and the whitest hair..and
she made eggs..the huge huge ones..and she cut them open
and decorated them..They had quite a few on display she won
lots of awards for her eggs. I have her old sewing machine ..
She died about a year after I left..She was a Dearie for sure..

I know there is a lot I don't remember.. Lots I do..I think I can get
my records from there and I would like to read them..see what I
did and said.. I would imagine they kept records of when I was
telling them all those goofy things like whiining that the bunnies
wont play with me..or going back and forth to my room and
steady telling them I couldn't find it they moved it on me..I do
remember these things..but its kind of like a dream thing..and
as bad as I was I cant be really sure that they happened but I
know they did? that doesn't make sense..lol.. Its like the times
that I was hallucinating, was just me dreaming..but I know I was
up and rolling around.. I remember stealing the book..lol.. well
they shouldn't have told me it was the RED book of the BAD
things we did..I was out of my mind..like I wanted a record of
it? no.. I took the notebook late one night ..stole it from the
desk..went to the bathroom and read all the crap and decided
to tear it up and destroy the evidence.. and I did.. every trash
can in that place had some of it in. I would stash it under my
cushion ..go by a trash and throw some in..that way it didn't
come out of my room..I only was nuts part of the time lol..

I was glad, sad..I found those photos..I honestly had forgotten
them..when I look at that very top one..I am sad really..look how
skinny I am. that was such a sad time..Im glad I honestly really
didn't know it all the time..I like to remember these good times
in these photos..with my Dearies though.. so many there and I
feel so bad.. I cant go back and see them..all those that knew
me are gone, a few of the nurses are,, Jan is..she was and still is
a dedicated and really good nurse.and so pretty..we got along
really well..But I cant go back there.. I cant..

This post is early, I got up at 3 am and I am just totally wore out
and just so tired .. I could sleep for a couple days i think.. I am
just going to get out of this chair for awhile, see if i can get a bit
more sleep time.. I hope Dutch doesnt chase shadows tonite, he
cant now its still daylight I may have to switch to a night time
person..lol.... Nitey Nite.. :-)

Y'all have a good one now , Y'hear? love ya ..and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

9 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is amazing how a photo will stir our memories. I would like to go back to Kansas City and take either video or still pix of a lot of the city. I was discussing how time really changes cities with an Iraqi-Israeli Jew who mentioned that Tel Aviv is like Houston nowadays, as is Toulouse, France and Toronto, Canada. If I visit France, I would like to visit, Rennes, Grenoble and Toulouse. I lived for a while in St. Gallen, Switzerland and Paris.

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that place looks like a hell home-glad ur out of that dump

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois I love your pictures, it alway good to remember back when, even when it was a hard time in our lives. I think it part of a healing when we look back and see how far we have come. You look very nice in the pictures, I have always love pictures...show all you like.
    My daughter is trying to get the new letter out for the family reunion in June. I am so happy I have been able to get thing copy for her to send out...I try to keep pictures of all the family reunion, I still don't know who all my aunts children are, and then all there children after that.
    I do have record of there name, but try to put a face with it is another story.
    I try ever year to meet someone and talk with them to get to know them...but it is slow going most of the time.
    I do have all my pictures album I take ever years now...
    I try to pass pictures on to other too when I can.

    It is good to hear you talk about the nursing home and the thing you did there.
    I know the nursing home here keep the resident real busy most of the time.
    My mother never did none of it, she was there 3 1/2 years. Yes the nursing home does have lot of problem, but it has help a lot of people too. There are alway bad worker in everything. No matter where we live there will alway be people that hurt other.
    You have a great night my friend...Mary

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon soir ma belle,
    Always nice reading your blog.
    Robert

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    good morning,
    Im up again with the birds!! lol..3:45 im doing good..
    Hi Momar..I go back to where I was raised, I dont even know it anymore its changed so much, I love taking pictures I wish I had dated them better..

    Hi Joe, Ya was a bad place. Some of the people were real buggars..

    Hi Mary!
    I dont know any of my cousins kids or their kids..When growing up we were all so close..now no one knows anyone..its sad.. Yes some places are good..THe Hellhome wasnt THAT bad, but it was such a bad time for me, and some of the carers there were NOT the best people..

    Hi Robert :-)
    So very nice to hear from you again..hope all is well by you :-)

    Hope you all have a great day and how nice to come here and read this ..thanks a bunch for that .. I like knowing you read my 2 cents lol..

    ALways, Lois **** :-)

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi,Honey,
    Here's old Don Quixote back again. Monday night, I finished the doors!!
    The camera, Bob, is a Fuji Finepix 2800 Zoom, 2mega pixel. Very out of date, now. I had it stolen out of our car and the Police recovered it, so it has had quite an adventurous life. The rather nice pics of Stouhead Gardens were still on it when I got it back. My oldest camers is a "Sanderson" quarter-plate camera that belonged to my Grandfather. It takes beautiful pics and is made of mahogany and Morocco leather and brass - a beautiful thing to behold and to use.
    Thank you, Lois, my dear, for all the pics you have shared with us recently, and your thoughts about the "Hell Home" That was just such a terrible time for you. Please take very good care of yourself - no one else will!! It is SO good to be able to talk to you and share our every thought.
    Lots of Love and Great Big Hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    good morning Raife..
    You and Bob take the most beautiful photos. Some are better than even the Webshots ones.. I love their desktop photos..great program..they might like your photos to add to theirs!lol Ive missed you..but your excused since your working so hard on those doors, they MUST get done, we just keep you out of that box.lol..

    I love photos.Im glad they allow them here, just have to watch the size..I would love to travel all over, like Momar, go to Switzerland, or France, or Norway , or Sweden, Germany, the UK..and to take photos what fun that would be.. Now all I have to do is find someone to take me lol.. that should be easy hey? lol.

    Hope you have a good day..Now the doors are done..I expect you back daily again please, thank you lol,

    We got a bunch of snow last nite..roads are bad..Ive heard the plows going 2 at a time side by side to clear the road..nasty out..
    I feel for those having to go out in this. :-(
    Take care and see you soon..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois - thanks as always for posting photos - good to be out of that place - but good to have the photos to remind you.

    Raife - I am now using a D200 digital - also have an F3 and N90s in reserve. Also a Canon 5MP point and shoot. Back in the archives have an old Korelle Reflexe - and maybe a Kodak autographic - lol.

    Been doing photography for almost 50 yrs.

    And Lois does great with hers!

    And Oh yes - Lois - you are GORGEOUS - have a great day!

    Butty (Bob)

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Butty!
    So nice to hear from you. Photos are such a good way of keeping memories.. I wish I could get photos off my old 8 mm film I have..I wish I knew how to do that. I worry the film may ruin..its old lol..

    Thank you for the nice words Bob your such a sweetie.. I missed ya :-) glad your back ..
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker