ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

~It Snowed~


Guess what we woke up to here this morning and what it has been
doing all day? Yup..Snow... I looked at the forecast..says for 3 days
we will have snow every day.. This is usually how it does..stays
mild then WHAM! We get dumped on.. The way this winter has gone
though has been different weather wise.. That photo I took looking
out of my bathroom window of the back yard.. I saw those 2 pine
trees and thought they looked so pretty.. You can see by the tree
how the snow is only on the one side..can tell which way that stuff
came hey? this is sort of looking north east..we always seem to
get our weather out of the west.. these storms come across that
huge Lake..and Lake Michigan is one of the biggest, they build
up power and then all the towns on this side get blasted..most of
the time its worse a little further north than what we get and those
south do..we are kinda in the 'no fly' zone lol..don't we wish ...
those out there driving in this wish today was I bet.. lol..notice
that Dutch's ears are kinda spread..he wasnt too thrilled..he missed
seeing the birds and squirrels.. I plan to fix that . A small table out
there for the bird seed and the boys can watch, they'll love it and
to see the squirrels, black,red, gray ones... they love these windows..
well if they didnt have them the poor guys would only have ME to
look at .. I know that aint bad but, well kids like to look at more than
their GORGEOUS WEEBLE MOTHERS... you knew I was gonna
say that :-D When you get to the end of this post you will agree :-)

I woke up and have been up since 2:30 am.. I have totally killed
any sort of sleep pattern I have.. Ive totally turned myself around.
I just sent an email to a friend saying that same thing, when they
asked what was I doing up at 4 am..I was still up since 2! I get
so tired..but then I know I will be up at least 2 times or more if I
go to bed at 6 like I did last nite. .I was so tired by the time I had
posted last nite.. I closed down and went to bed.. I was up at
10, to potty..up at 12 again..and about 2:30 I said " well I may
as well get up..I didn't feel the greatest and If I was going to have
an upset stomach and have to make more potty calls I would just
sleep in my chair at my desk.. I get a pillow off the couch ..put in
front of me lean forward and sleep..I did today from 10 am to 2
Im so used to it, I think Ive slept as much in this chair as I have in
bed...

I pull my chair up close put my pillow on the desk..and sit kinda
flat..and just lean forward a bit and I sleep quite well.. I sit sleeping
up quite often in bed too if my back gets to aching really bad
from laying on it for hours.. This bed I have is ok..but its more of
a day bed..very old fashioned..and its comfy..but I am having a
really hard time getting back into my chair.. I really have to pull
hard and lift to slide backwards.. Seems harder every day ..and
when I don't feel good its even harder.. I still don't feel really good.
I don't feel real bad either..guess im just half half.. TOTALLY
GORGEOUS but ..feeling half..

I havent heard from anyone since Friday , phone calls or visits..
which is ok, well yes I did..Blue phoned yesterday..hes fine..and
trying very hard to stay out of trouble.. It was Australia day down
there and they had big doings.. I think its probly like our 4th or
something.. He sent me 2 of the most gorgeous calenders, I
have had the best time looking at them..he sent a nice book
.. Ive gone thru that cover to cover as well.. It is so totally
different down there .. I think looking at these books and things
is about the closest I will ever come to going there although it
is a very wonderful place, but its a LONG plane ride..I know
the time difference is 16 hours..seems so strange he phones
his Sunday and I talk to him on my Saturday lol..

I said how I have to keep a cover over the front door..please
don't notice that the blankets don't match or that they most
definitely do NOT go with the colors of my living room..But
you can see how I have to cover the door..I cant reach the
top..only with my grabber.. I cant take a photo and show you
at the same time..Im not quite that coordinated specially
since I do have a hard time with it staying up sometimes..I
think I have to use just the right words to get them to stay up. :-)

The photo of me was taken a couple days ago.. I had posted
one in this same set before..I hope wasn't this photo..was the
same outfit ..but I am not sure if it was..and I didn't feel like
going back and looking..if its a repeat just yell lol..

They made me change to the new blogger today, I had no say
if I wanted to continue..if anyone has any trouble..keep my email
addy handy, lovelylittlelegs@gmail.com and let me know.
I hope there are no problems with it..I hate changing something
when it was working- upgrades make me nervous.. I made the
mistake of upgrading my windows media player..that was a huge
NO NO NO..just like I heard those that upgraded IE..I don't use
that anyway ..Mozilla is THE best..lots faster even on dial up..I
was surprised..nothing can compare to cable speed tho.. Any
trouble let me know.. :-) like I can help lol..Im lucky I know what
Im doing here lol..

I really Do NOT feel the greatest. my nose is runny and boy do
I have a headache..I know..a head like mine otta ache.. I made
a small video clip and it just came out so huge..over 5 Mb and
its only a minute long.. and its a avi file..I spent 2 hours trying to
switch it to a wmp and just had NO luck doing it.. I did before
but quite a long time ago and I don't remember how to do it..
I should write things down and I don't lol Time to lay this me down
Im gonna try the bed..see if I can stay there for a while..I need
to get out of this chair.. Nitey Nite..

Y'all have a good one now. Y'hear? love ya.. and Thanks.. :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not snoozing just yet although I should be as it's almost 1 a.m.
    Try searching for Haddenham on Google - we are 4th on the list - Haddenham.org.uk
    If you manage to get in please leave a message in the guest book. Bed is calling!
    Nighty night
    Julie

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Julie..oki will do..
    sweet dreams!
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois love all your pictures you took and that a great picture of you too. I pray you have a great night my friend and God bless you...Mary

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    It looks very pretty with the snow. Pretty woman in the chair too.

    I hate when my sleep patterns are disrupted!


    I got back late last night from a really nice weekend cross country skiing in Maine. One of the interesting thins I saw were disabled cross country skiers using poles and special sleds. I have seen this more and more often lately.

    The friends we stayed with had a fancy condo on the downhill slope. We got to swim in the heated outdoor pool and watch the stars from the outdoor hot tub at night. It was -5 degrees, but we were perfectly warm in the hot water. My hair was covered with ice after sitting in the tub for a while, but it was very comfortable.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well - you certainly totally GORGEOUS - as always. The snow pix are nice. Snow is pretty as long as you don't have to go out in it - lol. Will write you an email nsoon.

    Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Mary,
    thank you, how sweet of you..I was up early but well I have no plans anyway..just waiting to see if Penny makes it lol.snowy here..

    Hi Gray :-)
    Yes, it does doesnt it? I love to take pictures..everything I see I see in a photo lol..well arent you kind, what a nice thing to say. After a while you just sleep when your tired is all..which I can do anytime and schedule other stuff around that lol..WOW you had a nice relaxing week end..you should be all set and ready for a busy week now.

    Hiya Bob!
    You are a MUCH better photographer than I am..so is Raife..but ya'll got some great cameras. He has some reeeeeeally old ones..the square boxy thing i think kind.. lol..he will answer this post Bob just cuz of the way I writ this here lol.. he can tell you what hes got.. but he takes some gorgeous pics..he lives in a beautiful part of the world.. but then we all do .. :-)

    So great to hear from all of you..You made my DAY!!! :-)
    Hope yours is good too :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker