ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, February 24, 2007

~Closed Subject!~

I seem to have stirred a pot of beans only because I made a state
ment about a restaurant comment and now have been called
names.. I have blocked and deleted the comments from this
blog and will continue to do so..this subject is closed as far as
I am concerned. lol.. I don't need the added stress and
that will only stir it more and I really NOW especially do NOT
need more aggravation simply for making a statement.. I had
thought the issue was closed ..it is now..The sender has been
blocked and comments here will be carefully scanned before
they are seen.. this is MY blog..and I wont be called names on it
by anyone..END OF SUBJECT, and that is my final answer,
oki doki :-)

I only just found out we are under a bad storm warning of ice and
snow and rain..I phoned Dawn earlier and she informed me the
storm was in Chicago and headed this way and was I prepared
food wise etc. When the phone rang Cameron, answered, he
said "hello? how are you? BYE" and hung up the phone lol I called
back and Dawn answered, laughing said she had told him to
answer the phone..he did and said hello and bye..lol he did what
she said..was so cute to hear him hes so smart very articulate for
only two and a half.. and hes a cute boy..I assured her I had food
and supplies I always make sure in the winter I learned the hard
way about that..when we got snowed in and all we had were
hot dogs and beans and soup .. we ate,,didn't starve..but I now
keep food on hand specially for the boys...

Ive managed today to stay kinda calm and unstressed altho its been
very hard to do. I had to take a small desk rest when I got a really
bad headache after reading some mail I got. I did solve that tho
real fast..I blocked the sender that works real good..I did wake up
with a really bad ache in my right hip and stump however and I do
think it must be the bed.. I know its not a new one and the mattress
is old. When I wake up..well it wakes me up..my right stump will
ache and then the tingly sleepy feeling will linger and linger until
I wave it in the air a few times and then find another way to put it.
Sometimes a pillow or the blanket under it to prop it up helps..
I have laid on my right side a few times lately too which seems to
help but not for very long..Im hoping this new bed will solve that
problem and the sitting up one.. Its so hard to do with no counter
balance.. its like doing situps but with your legs in the air. it is
NOT easy, and the new bed should have railings I hope- I am
not sure exactly what they will send.. I hope nothing as outrageous
as the all terrain vehicle I got... lol. I wonder what kind of odd
beds there are ? lol.. I don't know if it will be electric or not.. I
really don't need that but what is ahead who knows and it may
prove to be a smart move on my part which may mean if I
can remain at home or not farther down the line..

Mary has sent a letter that her brother is being transferred to a
bigger if not better equipped hospital and asked that we still
keep him in our prayers which I assured her we would shes such a
dear lady and has such a full plate herself yet still finds the time
to encourage me..that is so sweet..and wonderfully kind.. I know
I have been so grateful to see how many have expressed their
concern for me and I count every one of you in my blessings.. It
means a lot to me, and helps me to try very hard to really take
better care of myself and to try to avoid this extra stress that is
proving so harmful to me.

I have a cat that is parading between me and the keyboard at
this moment and I am having to push a furry butt out of the way
to see my screen ..I think the boy is trying to tell me something.
and what is surprising..its NOT Dutch..its LB, he usually does
NOt do that..lately the past week or so hes been very loving
and sticking to me..now even moreso having gone to the Dr.
on Wednesday and leaving him home with his Clock Loving
Brother LOL .. I still cannot run that clock..I laugh so hard at
that. I swear there is something in the chime..the tone maybe.
Hes refusing to move and I better take the hint ..cats are very
perceptive like dogs..so I need to pay attention and leave
this desk for the night.. Thank you again for all your tender
loving concern for me.. its sincerely appreciated..time to
say "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now , Y'hear? love ya..and thanks :-)
Always,Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When the barometric pressure drops, is when you should get the phantoms. That storm will get here Sunday night - Monday morning the high temperature Monday will get up to 35F or 2.5C so any accumulation should melt. I am glad here in nyc only 20% of the people own cars.

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar,
    My stumps constantly ache or I feel them my invisible feet stay at awkward angles it seems. But I do notice changes in the weather affect them, like my hands, But I think alot of that is arthritis perhaps set into the leg bone? I dont know but would seem so as the bone was severed. We, from what I can see didnt get that much..but its not daylight yet and hard to see outside,
    Well there arent really alot of places to park there, are there? lol..Ive never been so I go by what I see on the tv..
    Hope you have a nice relaxing sunday Momar,,stay warm and dry and give your kitties a head scratchie from me.. ok..head scratchie for you too :-D
    Take care Momar..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    So glad you are trying to limit the stress. It can only do you good. Had a lazy day to-day. Sat and read the newspaper. That is enough to sress anyone out!!! Then I put some two-pack varnish on the stripped dining table and then wired a couple of outside lights and then went to church - hey, did I say lazy? Take care, Hon. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    no hon..that doesnt sound like a very lazy day, a rather productive one I would say.. hope all is well by you and management is getting better.

    The BP goes up and down but im fine, just tired alot it seems..the desk rests help.. I only woke up just now.
    take care good to hear from you.
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Ainsley_Jo_Phillips said…

    Animals definitely ARE perceptive. I have a picture of my mom where she's four years old, and she is getting her picture taken outside of her house. She wanted her favorite cat to be in the picture, too, but he kept turning around and showing his butt to the camera. So the cat was removed, and my mom is sitting there looking as if she's lost her best friend. AJ :-)

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi AJ,
    Yes, I know they are. Dogs are as well but being some are bigger and bark..where a cat will just sit and stare at the door, mine do..and wait.they know. They know when mom needs to get off the computer too, and a fuzzy butt in the way kinda lets me know.Im glad cats are so clean!! :-)

    Good to hear from you kiddo, hope all is well there by you..great town..been there a few times.I had a dear friend that passed away very young.Kevin. was from where you are. Great kid,died in California. was very sad, I still miss him. He had a wonderful old red truck.

    Take care!!
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker